Jump to content

Download 2023


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, VCK said:

Download need to book these guys.

 

They’re really cool. Hopefully they get an early Main slot in 2023 like Alien Weaponry did in 2019. 
 

Whilst we are here, I’m chucking MCR headlining in 2023 into the mix. They would get a hero’s welcome these days and they were excellent last week in MK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Andre91 said:

They’re really cool. Hopefully they get an early Main slot in 2023 like Alien Weaponry did in 2019. 
 

Whilst we are here, I’m chucking MCR headlining in 2023 into the mix. They would get a hero’s welcome these days and they were excellent last week in MK. 

The Great Horde in the Kingdom of Mercia. Make it happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Limp Bizkit / Gojira / Alexisonfire

Second: The Offspring / The Distillers

GREEN DAY / Panic! At The Disco / Don Broco / Neck Deep

Second: Disturbed / Papa Roach

METALLICA / Parkway Drive / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless

Second: Killswitch Engage / While She Sleeps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2022 at 2:25 AM, beetchez said:

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Limp Bizkit / Gojira / Alexisonfire

Second: The Offspring / The Distillers

GREEN DAY / Panic! At The Disco / Don Broco / Neck Deep

Second: Disturbed / Papa Roach

METALLICA / Parkway Drive / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless

Second: Killswitch Engage / While She Sleeps

panic would probably want to headline at this point. Co-headlined R&L. sold out the o2 x2, manchester arena and birmingham arena last tour. Doubt copping will ever offer the slot they want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

panic would probably want to headline at this point. Co-headlined R&L. sold out the o2 x2, manchester arena and birmingham arena last tour. Doubt copping will ever offer the slot they want.

Agreed, they have a massive fanbase, but I don't think they fit the download audience at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots of rumours all weekend on it, but confirmed with the tickets just on sale (arena access only tickets are from thursday).

my feet, legs and back are fucked from this weekend. Might need some training before next year (ticket already booked)

20 year anniversary.

Edited by Moey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, literally front page of the website, ignore me. 

Exciting but I'm still gonna wait and see who thet 4 are before I shell out because I think we're going RIP for the first time if we do go. Done my time lugging a campsite on my back through miles of mud. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Oh yeah, literally front page of the website, ignore me. 

Exciting but I'm still gonna wait and see who thet 4 are before I shell out because I think we're going RIP for the first time if we do go. Done my time lugging a campsite on my back through miles of mud. 

I'm intrigued but I need something good to get me back. It's definitely the my most noticeable time of the ticket cost just not not having been worth it yesterday. 

I really enjoyed Volbeat, Wargasm were a nice surprise. Powerwolf were great. Rise Against was expecting more. I watch Korn given I was there and kind of know why I've not bothered before. Not for me at all, expected a bigger crowd for them but The Darkness was rammed. Descendents was good, I'm just not into that style as much as maybe I thought.

Biffys crowd with leas than 10 minutes to go was very notable to what the view on them being chosen to headline was on a bigger scale. Both times I've seen them at Download now have been the flattest and I hoped it wouldn't go like that. I've seen them probably on par now with the most I've seen any band so it's not like I'm not a fan but this slower dragging stuff just doesn't work there. Many of Horror for a closer was poor. You can get away with playing Machines because it's a classic.

If they really go for it next year then I'd say. SOAD, Slipknot, RATM, Metallica.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 days is intriguing to me, always wanted to cross Download off the list and could be tempted next year. Will wait and see how the line up lands though first, I’ve been stung in the past by all the bells and whistle promises of a 20th anniversary line up with T in the Park and that ended up being headlined by Mumford and Sons and Rihanna!

If I had to take an early guess I’d go for a smaller Thursday line up headlined by a bigger band, like Metallica. Followed by a full festival with RATM, Avenged Sevenfold and SOAD as headliners

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If they really go for it next year then I'd say. SOAD, Slipknot, RATM, Metallica.

Be very surprised if it was that big. My guess is the 4th day is a bump-up headliner like Ghost

If I can get SOAD and RATM on 2 of the days I'm probably sold (mostly because I never saw System)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My money is on Bring Me, Metallia, Slipknot and Rage.

If Bring Me can't headline when the fest is 4 days long then Download is fucked and will go the way of Monsters of Rock as irrelevant and outdated which needs dying off to let a better new hard rock fest takes it's place.

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

4 days is intriguing to me, always wanted to cross Download off the list and could be tempted next year. Will wait and see how the line up lands though first, I’ve been stung in the past by all the bells and whistle promises of a 20th anniversary line up with T in the Park and that ended up being headlined by Mumford and Sons and Rihanna!

If I had to take an early guess I’d go for a smaller Thursday line up headlined by a bigger band, like Metallica. Followed by a full festival with RATM, Avenged Sevenfold and SOAD as headliners

I really can't see SOAD, RATM and Slipknot not being there with having at least 3 big headliner days. 

13 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Be very surprised if it was that big. My guess is the 4th day is a bump-up headliner like Ghost

If I can get SOAD and RATM on 2 of the days I'm probably sold (mostly because I never saw System)

No me neither, no other festival would beat that. But yes I think it could be a smaller day case. Personally this is the perfect opportunity for them to grab BMTH. If they can't headline on 4 days then they won't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jump said:

My money is on Bring Me, Metallia, Slipknot and Rage.

If Bring Me can't headline when the fest is 4 days long then Download is fucked and will go the way of Monsters of Rock as irrelevant and outdated which needs dying off to let a better new hard rock fest takes it's place.

I think the same but SOAD instead of Metallica. It's the perfect Download opportunity to give BMTH the top slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...