Download 2023

2 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

There’s been an OOS gig already in 2011, what we need is 20 years of Absolution which ties in with next year. Said this on the DL forum but I’d love the rumoured two set band to be Muse. 20 years of Abso+b sides/deep cuts on the first set and WOTP + Hits on the second. 

2x Muse for over £310 on general sale would be an unmitigated disaster for Download ticket sales, and I like Muse. Never in a million years. I'll be surprised if they even play again over doing L+R instead for the what, 7th time at this point. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Still going for Metallica x2, BMTH & Slipknot for next year though. 

Rumour mill seems to have dried up but signs still deffo point towards this. The only curveball I reckon could happen is throwing RATM in the mix or maybe SOAD but it's hard to know really. 

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

The most painful part is that I remember an interview around 2020 where Matt said they might do something special to mark 20 years of OoS, but obviously with lockdowns/gigs getting cancelled left right and centre nothing ever materialised 😞 

No gigs but we did get the remaster, nice to have Futurism on vinyl. Hopefully they do the same with Absolution and put Fury on. 

Wasn’t at SBE or R&L but was at the RAH ‘18 gig and first Hammersmith Apollo show this year, what amazing shows they both were. 

1 hour ago, 3Dimensions said:

No gigs but we did get the remaster, nice to have Futurism on vinyl. Hopefully they do the same with Absolution and put Fury on. 

Wasn’t at SBE or R&L but was at the RAH ‘18 gig and first Hammersmith Apollo show this year, what amazing shows they both were. 

Was at SBE, RAH 18 and both Apollo shows, (plus about 5 others during the time) and those Apollo shows were really a return to form and hopefully a statement of what's to come. Kill or Be Killed is the heaviest song since Absolution and I could defo see them wanting DL like on the Drones tour.

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Rumour mill seems to have dried up but signs still deffo point towards this. The only curveball I reckon could happen is throwing RATM in the mix or maybe SOAD but it's hard to know really. 

Some girl on facebook in Nova Rock group wrote that SOAD is planned for 2024, so probably also on Download. And she also said that Nova Rock is in contact with Rammstein management for next year, she got that info from insider. 

Edited by SweetJesus

5 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Some girl on facebook in Nova Rock group wrote that SOAD is planned for 2024, so probably also on Download. And she also said that Nova Rock is in contact with Rammstein management for next year, she got that info from insider. 

And there is the reason SOAD don't seem likely next year as Copping will have them for sure.

13 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

That makes alot of sense if true. Be very surprised if Rammstein do a festival tour without doing Download but hey who knows. 

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

2023: Metallica - BMTH - Metallica - Slipknot

2024: Avenged Sevenfold - Ghost - System Of A Down

I think if RATM and Rammstein are doing festivals you'd expect to see them at Download one of those 2 years. 

Also it went totally under the radar but a Slipknot roadie said on a Download Facebook group that there are 4 headliners this year (all other leaks say 3 though so he could have been talking bs).

26 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

I honestly think Slipknot will do Knotfest UK before they go on a break, rather than Download.

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. Lot of people predicting one of the days will be Download presents Knotfest UK where they let Corey curate the main stage lineup. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. Lot of people predicting one of the days will be Download presents Knotfest UK where they let Corey curate the main stage lineup. 

I think that will be the Thursday. I'm questioning the Metallica Thurs + Sat prediction, because as (I think) you said before on Nova Rock. Tbh I'm starting to doubt they will even do a double set, this Lee guy on the forums popped up, said that stuff then has gone radio silent. Especially if Rammstein are in fact touring. Could see it being Slipknot - BMTH - Metallica - Rammstein. That would deffo qualify as going all out as Copping insists they're doing. 

Edit: That's not to say I don't believe him. But he could easily have seen info of Download and Metallica discussing a double set, leaked that, and then another band like Slipknot became available and they decided against the double. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

21 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I think that will be the Thursday. I'm questioning the Metallica Thurs + Sat prediction, because as (I think) you said before on Nova Rock. Tbh I'm starting to doubt they will even do a double set, this Lee guy on the forums popped up, said that stuff then has gone radio silent. Especially if Rammstein are in fact touring. Could see it being Slipknot - BMTH - Metallica - Rammstein. That would deffo qualify as going all out as Copping insists they're doing. 

Edit: That's not to say I don't believe him. But he could easily have seen info of Download and Metallica discussing a double set, leaked that, and then another band like Slipknot became available and they decided against the double. 

Aye, I'm inclined to believe him off the back of the pilot stuff being correct but at the same time I'm going either way, not because of the prediction. In fact I'd much prefer 4 unique bands over 2x Metallica, and considering we're not even out of "early bird 2" yet that's not actually out of the question. 

Only reason I think Metallica Thurs makes sense is to get as many punters to the festival early spending money. Considering they aren't doing 3 day tickets, some folks may well not turn up to a Knotfest day if it's too "out there", but if you're already AT the festival... different story. 

55 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Aye, I'm inclined to believe him off the back of the pilot stuff being correct but at the same time I'm going either way, not because of the prediction. In fact I'd much prefer 4 unique bands over 2x Metallica, and considering we're not even out of "early bird 2" yet that's not actually out of the question. 

Only reason I think Metallica Thurs makes sense is to get as many punters to the festival early spending money. Considering they aren't doing 3 day tickets, some folks may well not turn up to a Knotfest day if it's too "out there", but if you're already AT the festival... different story. 

Oh man Slipknot always draw a humongous crowd at Download, no doubt they'd pack out the Thursday so I wouldn't say that's an issue. 

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Oh man Slipknot always draw a humongous crowd at Download, no doubt they'd pack out the Thursday so I wouldn't say that's an issue. 

Oh no doubt - but it won't be as humongous as Metallica's first night at Donnington in 11 years. Probably be the biggest crowd since AC/DC. Still, only a loose theory, at this point I wouldn't be shocked at either (and will be at either). 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Lee knows things. I have no reason to doubt him. 

I'm probably just being restless tbh. I'm just wondering why he said stuff pretty earlier and now gone quite. Is that the norm for him?

58 minutes ago, Dixi said:

What about...? (Sepultura with Max)

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 17-03-19 festival-poster-creator.png

If Metallica do it twice there will only a day gap I think, to maximize time/money for them.

Unfortunately Sepultura won't reform, too much bad blood between the brothers and the guitarist. 

Pantera I reckon Bloodstock if they come to Europe.

Edited by Spiral_Low