Download 2023

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Disagree. Ghost should stay away until they’re asked to headline. Otherwise they risk slipping into the sub forever category. 

Hmm yeah you’re probably right. It shouldn’t have to be that way though. Copping just has no balls tbh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dixi said:

Does this mean..?. 🙂

294849075_10158519657190303_3503242987653672099_n.jpg

Fake apparently. Was weird as media reported it but tickets did not come on sale on date(s) they said and and band have said nothing about it. Their main fan site has said it's fake.

Also if you hoping for Download they wouldn't do stadiums and festivals in the same summer, their setup wouldn't work for that. It would be one or the other.

Thursday 

MS: Slipknot, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Jinjer, Spiritbox, Malevolence, Vended Opus: Idles, Coheed & Cambria

Friday

MS: BMTH, Enter Shikari, Limp Bizkit, Turnstile, Neck Deep, New Found Glory, Nova Twins, Static Dress. Opus: Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree Avalanche: Angels And Airwaves, Four Year Strong Dogtooth: Converge Bloodmoon, Wolves In The Throne Room 

Saturday 

MS: RATM, Run The Jewels, Frank Carter, Alexisonfire, While She Sleeps, Dinosaur Pile Up, Hacktivist, Bob Vylan Opus: Royal Blood, Cancer Bats Avalanche: Ghostemane, Knocked Loose Dogtooth: Godflesh, Health

Sunday

MS: Metallica, Gojira, Trivium, Pantera, Code Orange Royal Republic, Cleopatrick, Taipei Houston Opus: Don Broco, PVRIS Avalanche: Simple Plan, PUP Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut, Greg Pucaito 

26 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Thursday 

MS: Slipknot, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Jinjer, Spiritbox, Malevolence, Vended Opus: Idles, Coheed & Cambria

Friday

MS: BMTH, Enter Shikari, Limp Bizkit, Turnstile, Neck Deep, New Found Glory, Nova Twins, Static Dress. Opus: Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree Avalanche: Angels And Airwaves, Four Year Strong Dogtooth: Converge Bloodmoon, Wolves In The Throne Room 

Saturday 

MS: RATM, Run The Jewels, Frank Carter, Alexisonfire, While She Sleeps, Dinosaur Pile Up, Hacktivist, Bob Vylan Opus: Royal Blood, Cancer Bats Avalanche: Ghostemane, Knocked Loose Dogtooth: Godflesh, Health

Sunday

MS: Metallica, Gojira, Trivium, Pantera, Code Orange Royal Republic, Cleopatrick, Taipei Houston Opus: Don Broco, PVRIS Avalanche: Simple Plan, PUP Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut, Greg Pucaito 

Needs more Saxon!

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Thursday 

Friday

Saturday 

Sunday

Take my money.

10 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Thursday 

Friday

Saturday 

Sunday

Brilliant. Although Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater clashing with Enter Shikari and BMTH for me is a ballache. Probably not a clash for many but it is for me haha.

21 minutes ago, guylin29 said:

I reckon Muse will headline, new album etc.

Their new single is my favourite Muse song since 2007. Idk how well it'd be recieved but I would be well up for an Origin of Symmetry 25th Anniversary (fucking hell, 25 years, I know) set in 2026. The album was released in June so might coincide perfectly.  

Still going for Metallica x2, BMTH & Slipknot for next year though. 

Edited by JSmurphy

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Their new single is my favourite Muse song since 2007. Idk how well it'd be recieved but I would be well up for an Origin of Symmetry 25th Anniversary (fucking hell, 25 years, I know) set in 2026. The album was released in June so might conindice perfectly.  

Still going for Metallica x2, BMTH & Slipknot for next year though. 

There’s been an OOS gig already in 2011, what we need is 20 years of Absolution which ties in with next year. Said this on the DL forum but I’d love the rumoured two set band to be Muse. 20 years of Abso+b sides/deep cuts on the first set and WOTP + Hits on the second. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3Dimensions said:

There’s been an OOS gig already in 2011, what we need is 20 years of Absolution which ties in with next year. Said this on the DL forum but I’d love the rumoured two set band to be Muse. 20 years of Abso+b sides/deep cuts on the first set and WOTP + Hits on the second. 

Absolution would be just as good if not better, great album. Was lucky enough to attend Muse's gig at Shepherd's Bush in 2017 and that setlist was soooo good. 

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Absolution would be just as good if not better, great album. Was lucky enough to attend Muse's gig at Shepherd's Bush in 2017 and that setlist was soooo good. 

I was at that gig, absolutely immense!!! Lost my sh*r when they played ‘Easily’.

I’d love to see them back but I just don’t think next year will be the one, far more likely for R+L. There’s a part of me wondering if they will show up there for a secret set this year considering the album is released that weekend but it’s just wishful thinking.

Edited by metallimuse

Just now, metallimuse said:

I was at that gig, absolutely immense!!!

I’d love to see them back but I just don’t think next year will be the one, far more likely for R+L. There’s a part of me wondering if they will show up there for a secret set this year considering the album is released that weekend but it’s just wishful thinking.

The most painful part is that I remember an interview around 2020 where Matt said they might do something special to mark 20 years of OoS, but obviously with lockdowns/gigs getting cancelled left right and centre nothing ever materialised 😞 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

The most painful part is that I remember an interview around 2020 where Matt said they might do something special to mark 20 years of OoS, but obviously with lockdowns/gigs getting cancelled left right and centre nothing ever materialised 😞 

I might be wrong/confused but I think he said that would be stateside shows as they’d already done OoS in full at R+L before.

That gig was magical at SBE though. My missus had dumped me literally that morning and I was bummed out and went along and to see them drop ‘Easily’ and ‘Glorious’ soon got me out of my funk lol.

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

Given I’ll have seen BMTH and Enter Shikari at Leeds this year I’d probably opt for Procupine Tree (especially if it’s a short lived reunion) and Dream Theater.

Dream Theater is defo set-dependent. The setlist on the most recent tour didn't blow me away so I didn't go. However the tours before they did Metropolis in full/Images in full, plus some great extras each time. Seeing PT in November and they could play anything and I'll be happy

• Upvote 1