Download 2023

7 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

if While She Sleeps are really playing would they be 3rd down Main below BMTH and Architects?

4th seems the most likely spot on the line up for them but a run of While She Sleeps - Architects - Bring Me is just so perfect that they should just do it!

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, Swansea93 said:

Chuck Bullet as a 2nd stage headliner/sub and have Shikari or Broco in that 3rd logo spot under Architects, then WSS under one of them.

Broco would be a welcome addition to the BMTH day. I’d also like to see some alt rock bands on that day like Nothing But Thieves, Highly Suspect, Cleopatrick. I can’t believe Download don’t consistently go for bands of that calibre, it’s mad.

4 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Chuck Bullet as a 2nd stage headliner/sub and have Shikari or Broco in that 3rd logo spot under Architects, then WSS under one of them.

Or bin WSS and have broco under shikari. Would be 4 of my 5 most listened to artists on spotify last year. Wouldn't miss that for the world

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Wrong order but I can maybe see Shikari taking 4th if Rise Against did.

Think they're very similar sizes tbh. Broco were bigger for a bit but don't think their ally pally sized tour next year has sold massively well. I'll be attending nonetheless. They maybe toured a bit too much, think I saw them like 5 times in 7 months and I didn't go to more than 1 date on the same tour run

Flip a coin for positioning maybe

Also if they could get Dayseeker and Holding Absence on the main stage that day that'd be swell

4 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

BMTH's All Points East line-up was insane. Still can't believe I went.

BMTH, Architects, Run The Jewels, WSS, Sleeping With Sirens, Nothing But Thieves, IDLES, Employed To Serve, Vukovi, Squid, Pengshui, Yonaka, SCARLXRD and Health

Yeah it was a great day. You missed my favourite band of the day though Black Futures (now called Never Not Nothing) as soon as they were on I went straight into the pit and my mate who hates moshing and despite not knowing them was won over enough to join in.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah it was a great day. You missed my favourite band of the day though Black Futures (now called Never Not Nothing) as soon as they were on I went straight into the pit and my mate who hates moshing and despite not knowing them was won over enough to join in.

I was barrier for them and held them up when they came into the crowd! And I won a signed test-pressing of their album! I didn't include them as we're almost certain they've split up (should have had an EP out last year but had radio silence). I messaged Space asking if they were still a thing and he didn't respond.

12 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I was barrier for them and held them up when they came into the crowd! And I won a signed test-pressing of their album! I didn't include them as we're almost certain they've split up (should have had an EP out last year but had radio silence). I messaged Space asking if they were still a thing and he didn't respond.

That sucks if true. It does explain why Nova Twins ended up supporting Skunk Anaise earlier this year after Never Not Nothing were originally announced as the support act. It felt like they were one support slot away from blowing up.

I saw them 4ish times in 2019, I fell in love with them when they supported Frank Carter on his small club tour that year and then every festival I went that summer I made sure to drag everyone with me to check them out as they were so good live. They were one of the bands at the top of my list to see after lockdown was lifted.

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

BMTH's All Points East line-up was insane. Still can't believe I went.

BMTH, Architects, Run The Jewels, WSS, Sleeping With Sirens, Nothing But Thieves, IDLES, Employed To Serve, Vukovi, Squid, Pengshui, Yonaka, SCARLXRD and Health

I arrived to this after driving from Manchester with a huge hangover. Watched from rtj 

The bmth setlist was so strong 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:41 PM, Andre91 said:

This would be a nice time. 

B553D644-6023-4420-B950-37CA81954253.jpeg

Honestly, Limp Bizkit should sub Slipknot, would be a very lively evening. I'd be all over that day. 

The Prodigy would also be a good second stage headliner on the same day as BMTH to give people a good alternative. 

I'd personally love Copping to get Pendulum back for an alternative to BMTH, their 2011 set was massive. 

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Honestly, Limp Bizkit should sub Slipknot, would be a very lively evening. I'd be all over that day. 

The Prodigy would also be a good second stage headliner on the same day as BMTH to give people a good alternative. 

I'd personally love Copping to get Pendulum back for an alternative to BMTH, their 2011 set was massive. 

Pendulum into Prodigy as an alternative for the 2nd Metallica night, if we dare to dream big. 

Pendulum playing their Master of Puppets cover while Metallica are on round the corner would be hilarious. 

Edited by BenG92

34 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Pendulum into Prodigy as an alternative for the 2nd Metallica night, if we dare to dream big. 

Pendulum playing their Master of Puppets cover while Metallica are on round the corner would be hilarious. 

The MoP dropping into Slam absolutely slaps tbf. Thinks it's about time we had a bit of an up beat party night at download again.

Edited by Xeph1995

If I go back for the first time in years I’d like them to be there.

I was put off by the imagery thinking they’d be cheesy but after listening to them more I’m a fan.

Been listening/watching old Slipknot sets from years gone by at Download and I really hope they are the fourth headliner now. I’m still a bit put off by the price but think that’s just coz I’m an old b*stard and remember a time when it cost half of what next year will be but I’m thinking now if the headliners are what we’ve been talking about then I will go.

5 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Pendulum would be better against one of the metallica nights as the crossover with bmth would be fairly sizeable.

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Pendulum would be better against one of the metallica nights as the crossover with bmth would be fairly sizeable.

Yeah. I'm not a huge BMTH fan at all and That's the Spirit is definitely the albums that sticks out for me. I'd choose Pendulum but out of then and Metallica I wouldn't really debate it.