Download 2023

Festival ticket prices going through the roof :( I can't make Download next year anyway which is a shame because the (rumoured) line-up sounds like it's going to be great. I think the dual main stages like Graspop/Hellfest is a good idea, it feels so much better than having to move after every set at Download. I guess the price hike could be 'justified' if the Thursday lineup is awesome but it's still a load of money for most people to spend especially with only rumours to go on. Graspop was only €259 for the 4 day anniversary this year, although the line-up was much weaker than Metallica x2, BMTH, Slipknot etc.

With Guns n Roses having to do a Glasgow show to make up for cancelling it this year I’d laugh if Download asks Bring Me to sub now as Guns are available. It would piss them right off just like what happened last time with Rammstein.

Edited by jump

I do think they way this has been communicated has been poor and slightly shady. 

They clearly said Early Birds are off sale Friday. To then release Early Birds 2 is a bit dodgy. It’s still Early Birds by name, so that seemed like a lie to me.

Would have been nice to have some clear and honest communication.

14 hours ago, jump said:

Good for you but I said nothing at all about that.

I just said to keep your expectations in check and to not drink the going all out kool aid since you were taking about how someone’s predictions is not going all out enough for you, this type of thinking will only lead to disappointment after hyping yourself for an impossible line up you made up for yourself.

But you did, you chat bollocks about how picky I am yet Download costs are simply not worth what they book for me...end of!

I've not hyped myself for an impossible lineup at all. I've said if you're thinking all out then that selection is the one. I'm only arsed about the Slipknot day if those 3 with Bring Me are the others so it can be as heavy and as off the radar for me as it wants. I'd rather any bands I want to see there be at Slam Dunk before it.

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But you did, you chat bollocks about how picky I am yet Download costs are simply not worth what they book for me...end of!

I've not hyped myself for an impossible lineup at all. I've said if you're thinking all out then that selection is the one. I'm only arsed about the Slipknot day if those 3 with Bring Me are the others so it can be as heavy and as off the radar for me as it wants. I'd rather any bands I want to see there be at Slam Dunk before it.

But you are picky though. 😜

Lets rewind, someone suggested two main stages with acts like Pantera and Five Finger headlining the second stage so you said that's not going for it as those headliners are only sub-sized or something along those lines. I find the idea of having 8 headliners the size of Metallica, Slipknot etc on both stages very unrealistic for various reasons and going for it could be something as simple as they have added an extra day then it's business as usual for the rest of the line up rather than it's gonna be the strongest Download line up of all time which is all I am saying.

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Just spoke to Matt from While She Sleeps and he confirmed that BMTH are headlining Download next year. 

If Metallica are doing the two sets, then that’s my ticket paid for already. 

id have paid 2 x £90 for Metallica and probably £50 for BMTH.

Ticket cost me £233, so I’m happy. 

18 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Seeing Bring Me headline Download outright is going to incredible love them or hate them you got to respect the graft and work they’ve put in to get to this stage.

It’s been a long time coming, man. Absolute celebration. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jump said:

So on the slim chance that Ozzy doesn't push back his gigs again does that rule out Pantera then? His UK tour is during Download so it means Zakk Wylde is busy. I suppose there's an off day from the tour they could do Download and maybe book Anthrax so Charlie is there too and Download can have Pantera as Euro exclusive but I don't know if that gives them the rehearsal time needed.

I reckon Pantera will be headlining Bloodstock next year. Hope Download gets Anthrax though.

5 hours ago, jump said:

But you are picky though. 😜

Lets rewind, someone suggested two main stages with acts like Pantera and Five Finger headlining the second stage so you said that's not going for it as those headliners are only sub-sized or something along those lines. I find the idea of having 8 headliners the size of Metallica, Slipknot etc on both stages very unrealistic for various reasons and going for it could be something as simple as they have added an extra day then it's business as usual for the rest of the line up rather than it's gonna be the strongest Download line up of all time which is all I am saying.

You pay for what you like, I'll pay for what I like, that's it!

They don't have to be the same thing!

Turn up for BMTH. Chances are you won't have an alternative anyway. If you don't and unless you 100% already know you absolutely do not like them, which is totally fair enough, don't be a mard-arse and go back to your tent early, show a new headliner some support so 2024 isn't Maiden / Aerosmith / Def Leppard. I wanna see that crowd packed out. 

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Turn up for BMTH. Chances are you won't have an alternative anyway. If you don't and unless you 100% already know you absolutely do not like them, which is totally fair enough, don't be a mard-arse and go back to your tent early, show a new headliner some support so 2024 isn't Maiden / Aerosmith / Def Leppard. I wanna see that crowd packed out. 

You’d be surprised by how many people that can be turned by them live even if they don’t like their music. I took my missus to see Bring Me who mainly went for the free bar since we were given a VIP box and she really enjoyed their show despite not being a fan. The same thing happened when me and a bunch of mates went to APE, we got free tixs and they wanted to see IDLES, RTJ and Nothing But Thieves but came away impressed with Bring Me.

I look forward to the day when Download brings in new headliners regularly so I can start calling potential new headliners shit for their horrible music rather than having to defend the same acts for the idea of having someone new headline because the old guard only accepts the same old shit.

46 minutes ago, jump said:

I look forward to the day when Download brings in new headliners regularly

If I were in Copping's shoes I'd attempt to get at least one band that has never headlined, every year. Whether that be new "are they big enough" bands like BMTH/Ghost or bands like Green Day/Foo Fighters.

The other headliners could be the same ol' reliable dad rock as long as one day has a brand new headliner.

Edited by beetchez

19 minutes ago, beetchez said:

If I were in Copping's shoes I'd attempt to get at least one band that has never headlined, every year. Whether that be new "are they big enough" bands like BMTH/Ghost or bands like Green Day/Foo Fighters.

The other headliners could be the same ol' reliable dad rock as long as one day has a brand new headliner.

Both at the same time! Something like Pearl Jam / Ghost / Rammstein would be ace. 

15 minutes ago, beetchez said:

It’s all well and good thinking Download getting Foo Fighters, Green Day or whoever is the solution but the reality is Download either can’t afford them (apart from Guns n Roses I don’t think they have had a band that can do a stadium tour in the UK for a decade now) or they are just very shit at negotiating/convincing bands to play. 

3 minutes ago, jump said:

It’s all well and good thinking Download getting Foo Fighters, Green Day or whoever is the solution but the reality is Download either can’t afford them (apart from Guns n Roses I don’t think they have had a band that can do a stadium tour in the UK for a decade now) or they are just very shit at negotiating/convincing bands to play. 

That's why they'd have to risk bumping bands to headline status even if they divide the crowd.