Download 2023

£313.25 and it will likely go up even more when they actually announce something!! WTAF Download? The 4th headliner better be Jimi Hendrix. I've got friends who are fairly ok off saying it's too much. I think we are watching the end of Download as we know it. Tw@ts will take their last breath whilst still milking us hard for every last drop.

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

£313.25 and it will likely go up even more when they actually announce something!! WTAF Download? The 4th headliner better be Jimi Hendrix. I've got friends who are fairly ok off saying it's too much. I think we are watching the end of Download as we know it. Tw@ts will take their last breath whilst still milking us hard for every last drop.

It's crazy prices. I'm wondering if they really have gone full on like they bigged up doing. There has been murmurings on them going double main stage Hellfest style. I mean I doubt it but could explain huge hikes if they are really gonna go for double headliners. Reading and Leeds doing it so maybe?

Something like....

Metallica/Machine Head

RATM/BMTH

Metallica/Faith No More

Slipknot/Parkway Drive

I’m semi putting my chips in for a double main stage. I know it’s DL but, with the 4 days already, I fully believe they’ve gone all out for the 20th anniversary. 

If its 2 main stages: 

Metallica / FFDP 

BMTH / Architects 

Metallica / Hollywood Vampires 

Parkway Drive / Pantera 

25 minutes ago, jump said:

I can imagine the outrage if Parkway Drive headlined over Pantera 50.5% Proof from the old guard. 

It’s odd as if Pantera were on the poster it wouldn’t motivate me at all to get a tix but if  I did go I’d probably see them.

Love dat reference. 

I’ve got my reservations about the Pantera thing because of the obvious lack of Abbott factor and also Phil being a wrong’un but I know as soon as I was there hearing those songs that would disappear out the window. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’m semi putting my chips in for a double main stage. I know it’s DL but, with the 4 days already, I fully believe they’ve gone all out for the 20th anniversary. 

If its 2 main stages: 

Metallica / FFDP 

BMTH / Architects 

Metallica / Hollywood Vampires 

Parkway Drive / Pantera 

You say you fully believe they've gone all out and then put this prediction in consisting of a double main stage with sub headliners on it. 

You know Mx2, RATM and Slipknot would be the option seen as going all out yes?

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You say you fully believe they've gone all out and then put this prediction in consisting of a double main stage with sub headliners on it. 

Look at Hellfest, man. It’s obviously not 6 acts of equal size. There’s always 3 who are clearly bigger. However, if they have a headline length set and headliner production, they’re a headliner. Whether they play last or not is irrelevant; many European festivals have acts go on after the big headliner. It’s just something we aren’t used to in the UK but with R&L and DL (possibly) adopting a double Main Stage system, it won’t be as alien. 

Edited by Andre91

44 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Going all out means different things to different people. It could mean they have put an extra day on, it could mean stronger headliners, it could mean an amazeballs undercard or it could just simply mean it was the buzz words they used to hype the festival. I wouldn’t read too much into it as exceptions aren’t likely to be met if people get too carried away especially you who is ridiculously picky when it comes to festivals.

Also I find them saying they going out this year funny as it implies they half arse it every year. Lol

24 minutes ago, jump said:

Going all out means different things to different people. It could mean they have put an extra day on, it could mean stronger headliners, it could mean an amazeballs undercard or it could just simply mean it was the buzz words they used to hype the festival. I wouldn’t read too much into it as exceptions aren’t likely to be met if people get too carried away especially you who is ridiculously picky when it comes to festivals.

Also I find them saying they going out this year funny as it implies they half arse it every year. Lol

Got no time for your logic here, jump. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

Are you still pulling this chain lol. I apologize massively if the fact I'm not a heavy metal/thrash metal/metal core or whatever rock fan means I can't justify spending over £300 on a weekend ticket lol. You don't personally know anything about my everyday circumstances whether it be finances or whatever. I had more fun than I've had at most Download's I've attended at a festival costing a fraction of the price including camping along with the people I met and that's completely my choice and my view to be allowed that. From that, 7/8 of us are all going back next year together. £20 averagely a day, yes with different acts but if they are acts overall I'm going to have more fun watching then it's way worth it. Showers and toilets are great to boot and the arena is within 5 minutes walk away.

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Are you still pulling this chain lol. I apologize massively if the fact I'm not a heavy metal/thrash metal/metal core or whatever rock fan means I can't justify spending over £300 on a weekend ticket lol. You don't personally know anything about my everyday circumstances whether it be finances or whatever. I had more fun than I've had at most Download's I've attended at a festival costing a fraction of the price including camping along with the people I met and that's completely my choice and my view to be allowed that. From that, 7/8 of us are all going back next year together. £20 averagely a day, yes with different acts but if they are acts overall I'm going to have more fun watching then it's way worth it. Showers and toilets are great to boot and the arena is within 5 minutes walk away.

Good for you but I said nothing at all about that.

I just said to keep your expectations in check and to not drink the going all out kool aid since you were taking about how someone’s predictions is not going all out enough for you, this type of thinking will only lead to disappointment after hyping yourself for an impossible line up you made up for yourself.

Edited by jump

Just a couple of spots from Download Facebook groups:

1 person saying they've been told it's '95% but could be wrong' Metallica X2, BMTH and Slipknot (asked them if they were referring to guy from official forums and they said no different guy).

Another claiming to work as a roadie for '4 well known bands' and to know 'all 4 headliners'. Looking on their profile they say they work for Slipknot UK/Europe crew.

Also on official forums the chinstrap profile popped up again to quote Metallica BMTH Metallica Slipknot to say 'wrong order'. 

And those are the very (very very) thin rumours I've been able to find haha.

Not basing this on the other rumour guy but Metallica on Thur / Sat was always the part of the rumour I wasn't quite sold on because they could play Nova Rock on Wednesday and then still pull a double shift at Download, but they won't do it the day after. 

Knotfest as the extra smaller day on the Thursday and then Metallica Fri/Sun makes more sense to me. 

As for that ticket price... Well, shit, glad we got in at 265 if it's actually gonna go up again. You would think the next bump will only be a small one at least. 

So on the slim chance that Ozzy doesn't push back his gigs again does that rule out Pantera then? His UK tour is during Download so it means Zakk Wylde is busy. I suppose there's an off day from the tour they could do Download and maybe book Anthrax so Charlie is there too and Download can have Pantera as Euro exclusive but I don't know if that gives them the rehearsal time needed.

32 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Not basing this on the other rumour guy but Metallica on Thur / Sat was always the part of the rumour I wasn't quite sold on because they could play Nova Rock on Wednesday and then still pull a double shift at Download, but they won't do it the day after. 

Knotfest as the extra smaller day on the Thursday and then Metallica Fri/Sun makes more sense to me. 

As for that ticket price... Well, shit, glad we got in at 265 if it's actually gonna go up again. You would think the next bump will only be a small one at least. 

Yeah Knotfest on Thurs and then Metallica on Fri/sun sounds more logical. When Slipknot did Knotfest at Hellfest then did it on the thurs .

Ticket price is crazy. I don't wanna commit until I know some bands at least but damn.

23 minutes ago, jump said:

So on the slim chance that Ozzy doesn't push back his gigs again does that rule out Pantera then? His UK tour is during Download so it means Zakk Wylde is busy. I suppose there's an off day from the tour they could do Download and maybe book Anthrax so Charlie is there too and Download can have Pantera as Euro exclusive but I don't know if that gives them the rehearsal time needed.

Hopefully it rules them out haha. 

If Ozzy is still touring around Download time next year (and Zakk is definitely who’s gonna be playing with Pantera) then that must surely rule them out entirely. Don’t see Zakk hopping between bands and definitely don’t see Download getting a Euro exclusive. Maybe U.S. dates next year after the Ozzy tour is done with and Euro fests in ‘24. 

Not really arsed about seeing BMTH headline, although good for them if it’s finally fucking happening like a decade too late, but Metallica x2 and Slipknot certainly peaks my internet to this. Undoubtedly the rest of the lineup will be incredibly blah, especially spread over four days now, but will be keeping an eye on this.