Download 2023

Taking a punt before the first announcement I reckon it's something along the lines of this';

Thu

Metallica - FFDP - Sabaton - The Pretty Reckless - Opeth

Don Bronco - Alexisonfire

Fever 333

Friday

Bring Me - Architects - Greta Van Fleet - Failing In Reverse - Behemoth

BFMV - Meshuggah

The Interrupters

Sat

Metallica - Hollywood Vampires - Halestorm - While She Sleeps - Avatar

Limp Bizkit - Turnstile

Neck Deep

Sun

Slipknot - Parkway Drive - Killswitch Engage - Rancid - Anthrax

Whitesnake - Kreator

Deaf Havana

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jump said:

Taking a punt before the first announcement I reckon it's something along the lines of this';

Thu

Metallica - FFDP - Sabaton - The Pretty Reckless - Opeth

Don Bronco - Alexisonfire

Fever 333

Friday

Bring Me - Architects - Greta Van Fleet - Failing In Reverse - Behemoth

BFMV - Meshuggah

The Interrupters

Sat

Metallica - Hollywood Vampires - Halestorm - While She Sleeps - Avatar

Limp Bizkit - Turnstile

Neck Deep

Sun

Slipknot - Parkway Drive - Killswitch Engage - Rancid - Anthrax

Whitesnake - Kreator

Deaf Havana

I’d enjoy this. Turnstile into Limp Bizkit would be unbelievably fun. 

Edited by Andre91

Might as well post my final prediction before any announcement then. I think they’ll go for Apex and Opus headliners not really clashing again: 

APEX: Metallica / Alter Bridge / Limp Bizkit / Anthrax / Avatar / Bokassa 

OPUS: The Offspring / Alexisonfire 

APEX: Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Bullet For My Valentine / The Pretty Reckless / Motionless In White / Spiritbox / Malevolence 

OPUS: Rob Zombie / Behemoth 

AVALANCHE: The Interrupters 

DOGTOOTH: Testament 

APEX: Metallica (Kill ‘Em All) / Hollywood Vampires / Sabaton / Clutch / Jerry Cantrell / Orange Goblin / Starcrawler 

OPUS: Don Broco / Neck Deep

AVALANCHE: Asking Alexandria 

DOGTOOTH: DevilDriver 

APEX: Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Trivium / Mudvayne / Jinjer / Bodycount ft. Ice T / Vended 

OPUS: Within Temptation / Arch Enemy 

AVALANCHE: Turnstile 

DOGTOOTH: Cradle of Filth 

15 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I'm gunnae be pure raging if the 2x Metallica + BMTH doesn't happen now. Hell, I'll be happy enough with 1 Metallica night as long as BMTH and Architects play.

What if it's Metallica, Ted Nugent, Def Leppard and Bring Me?

Just now, willgooneday said:

I'm going go out on a real limb here and go with Metallica not playing and opting for their own Knebworth show. 

It really would be hilarious if all this rumored info was bunk and it's like Parkway / SOAD / A7X / GNR 

37 minutes ago, jump said:

What if it's Metallica, Ted Nugent, Def Leppard and Bring Me?

I'll take it. I wouldn't go see Ted or Def but ma double denim pal will be all over it so it will balance out in terms of us both wanting to by tickets.

4 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

I'm going go out on a real limb here and go with Metallica not playing and opting for their own Knebworth show. 

Never done it before even at the height of their success so I don't see them choosing to do it now, if they are doing their own one off show it's far more likely to be a London based stadium show.

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

It really would be hilarious if all this rumored info was bunk and it's like Parkway / SOAD / A7X / GNR 

I don't think I'd be all that mad at that though you know...although I wouldn't be attending 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I'll take it. I wouldn't go see Ted or Def but ma double denim pal will be all over it so it will balance out in terms of us both wanting to by tickets.

Never done it before even at the height of their success so I don't see them choosing to do it now, if they are doing their own one off show it's far more likely to be a London based stadium show.

I'm sad that I tried to think of the most embarrassing dinosaur rock act I could think of just to be told they would actually like Ted Nugent.

3 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm sad that I tried to think of the most embarrassing dinosaur rock act I could think of just to be told they would actually like Ted Nugent.

Bro, I'm as horrified as you. He's one of those people who think Download book great acts year on year, that music died at the end of the '80's and that Iron Maiden are more influential than The Beatles.

He also plays Leeds United and only Leeds United on Football Manager each and every year for the past 20 years.

He's such a boring b*stard. But he's my boring b*stard lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

I'm gunnae be pure raging if the 2x Metallica + BMTH doesn't happen now. Hell, I'll be happy enough with 1 Metallica night as long as BMTH and Architects play.

Me too, means I'd have to attend more than 1 day if so and I don't want to be doing that.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Me too, means I'd have to attend more than 1 day if so and I don't want to be doing that.

What is it with you not wanting to do a camping festival anyway? Are you scared to shit in the long drops, have you not got any friends who would be up for it, you feel too old, not enough interest in live music beyond the casual hit songs etc.

2 hours ago, jump said:

What is it with you not wanting to do a camping festival anyway? Are you scared to shit in the long drops, have you not got any friends who would be up for it, you feel too old, not enough interest in live music beyond the casual hit songs etc.

I was at a camping festival weekend after Glastonbury.

Why is it that if you don't want to attend a certain festival for a whole weekend it means you're right off them.

Download will rarely ever book a lineup overall for me that is worth what it costs.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I was at a camping festival weekend after Glastonbury.

Why is it that if you don't want to attend a certain festival for a whole weekend it means you're right off them.

Download will rarely ever book a lineup overall for me that is worth what it costs.

Was that the festival Aqua and Steps headlined?

The vast majority of people on a festival forum want to go to festivals so it does come off as weird that you often talk about how you want festivals to have less bands or that you want shit line ups so you don't have to go as it counter what everyone else comes on here to talk about. Like I bitch about Download as it's becoming stale and I want it to be a better festival that can meet its potential whilst you want Download to be shit so just so you don't have to go to it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, willgooneday said:

Widely been suggested they do Thursday / Saturday at Download hasn't it? 

Yeah I don't think they'll do Nova Rock. I think they'll do Rock AM/IM, Download, Graspop, dates in Sweden, Poland and Baltic's. Maybe Roskilde, probably one of the Spanish ones. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

He's one of those people who think that music died at the end of the '80's

Just wait until that crowd gets a load of Greta Van Fleet when Download finally rebook them on a high slot.

"Now THIS is real music! Rock n roll is alive!"

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just wait until that crowd gets a load of Greta Van Fleet when Download finally rebook them on a high slot.

"Now THIS is real music! Rock n roll is alive!"

Just like when The Darkness somehow became the biggest band in the country and people were talking about how this new cock rock music it taking music seriously again.

5 hours ago, jump said:

Was that the festival Aqua and Steps headlined?

The vast majority of people on a festival forum want to go to festivals so it does come off as weird that you often talk about how you want festivals to have less bands or that you want shit line ups so you don't have to go as it counter what everyone else comes on here to talk about. Like I bitch about Download as it's becoming stale and I want it to be a better festival that can meet its potential whilst you want Download to be shit so just so you don't have to go to it.

Yeah I went to back2festival, met several people who we are all looking to go back to gether next year. Cheap, small festival and just what I'm looking for, for a few nights camping. Reasonable drink prices, very short walk to the camping and then the arena is that close you and literally pop out whenever you fancy a drink at the tent instead. Clubland on the Sunday too and that's right up my street after a drink from my 18/19s. Everyone just having a laugh.

Different opinions then. I can't stand the man who books Download so yes I'd rather chuck as little money at him as possible.

Once he has your money, I don't think he gives a shit about the festival organisation or anything after that. I've never held back from saying that I'd rather certain bands that play Download just to do indoor shows as I'd get so much more from it.

This forum covers festivals that just run for individual days so I don't get the problem.

Glastonbury is the only festival where I don't mind camping of that size now but that is so busy and overrun by Saturday afternoon which seems to be how they keep it going too. But this was the year that even after the festival now it's the least bothered I was about going. Even acts who I thought yeah I'll check out I've barely bothered to listen to since as it's kind of like a who interests me enough when I'm there.