Download 2023

29 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Third main is the absolute highest I see Shikari - they headlined third stage in 2019 - but I'd be very happy to see them there. 

or Shikari into Pendulum on second one night.

They only headlined 3rd stage because they offered to do it, similar to Trivium offering to do the 4th stage one year which got scrapped because capacity issues if I remember, Shikari could probably sub but they’d play 3rd down I’d expect.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Third main is the absolute highest I see Shikari - they headlined third stage in 2019 - but I'd be very happy to see them there. 

or Shikari into Pendulum on second one night.

Which they chose to do despite being offered higher slots, it was dangerously overcrowded in that tent. I don't think they'd ever be allowed lower than second stage again unless they realise an album on Neil Diamond covers and play it live or something stupid. 

Edited by willgooneday

55 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

They only headlined 3rd stage because they offered to do it, similar to Trivium offering to do the 4th stage one year which got scrapped because capacity issues if I remember, Shikari could probably sub but they’d play 3rd down I’d expect.

3 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

Which they chose to do despite being offered higher slots, it was dangerously overcrowded in that tent. I don't think they'd ever be allowed lower than second stage again unless they realise an album on Neil Diamond covers and play it live or something stupid. 

Sure, but once they've offered to do it once, are Download really going to put them back on 1st or 2nd? Doubt they care about tent overcrowding much if they can get a band that big to play there and give the 2nd stage slot to someone else. I don't know the ins and outs of 2019 though. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Sure, but once they've offered to do it once, are Download really going to put them back on 1st or 2nd? Doubt they care about tent overcrowding much if they can get a band that big to play there and give the 2nd stage slot to someone else. I don't know the ins and outs of 2019 though. 

That’s like Andy saying he wouldn’t book SOAD to headline again after they accepted to sub R&L only for him to then go and book SOAD to headline Download again, Enter Shikari probably done it more as a favour as their touring plans opened up for that summer after DL already booked the second stage who knows but they wouldn’t do that slot again that’s for sure, they’re a high up logo band.

1 minute ago, Swansea93 said:

That’s like Andy saying he wouldn’t book SOAD to headline again after they accepted to sub R&L only for him to then go and book SOAD to headline Download again, Enter Shikari probably done it more as a favour as their touring plans opened up for that summer after DL already booked the second stage who knows but they wouldn’t do that slot again that’s for sure, they’re a high up logo band.

Not really, it's a totally different festival. Biffy co-headed R+L with Fallout boy a year before they outright headlined Download. Apples and oranges. And I really don't think anyone can say they wouldn't do it again "for sure", maybe they loved having a rammed out tent that year, who knows.

Either way it's not that I want it, would love to see them on 1 or 2, just basing what I'm saying on what happened a few years ago.

Not a chance Shikari play that tent again. Their festival slots at DL and R&L (headlining small tents) were very much in keeping with the massive tour they did of smaller venues across the country in the winter of 2018 through to spring 2019. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 2

Thursday

Main

Metallica

Ghost

Disturbed

Second

Offspring

Friday

Bring Me The Horizon

Architects

Enter Shikari

Second

Scorpions

Third

The Used

Saturday

Metallica

Sabaton

Bullet For My Valentine

Second

Don Broco

Third

Billy Talent

Sunday 

Slipknot

Parkway Drive

Cypress Hill

Second

Idles

Third

The Interrupters

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’ve not really been following, but what’s the views on Download missing out on RATM? They are meant to be doing your Hell Fests, Werchter etc next year. How do we feel about that?

Who says they are missing out Download? They are still rumoured to be there. Too much faith being put in one guy from the official forums. Others have said RATM. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve not really been following, but what’s the views on Download missing out on RATM? They are meant to be doing your Hell Fests, Werchter etc next year. How do we feel about that?

Any concrete info pointing to this though or just speculation? Their rescheduled US dates are Feb-Apr so they could well do some more EU dates afterwards if the demand is there, thought they haven't sold out upcoming Leeds or Edinburgh shows.

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Any concrete info pointing to this though or just speculation? Their rescheduled US dates are Feb-Apr so they could well do some more EU dates afterwards if the demand is there, thought they haven't sold out upcoming Leeds or Edinburgh shows.

'If the demand is there' lol of course it is! 

16 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

'If the demand is there' lol of course it is! 

Aye, not saying there won't BE a demand, course not, but after they still haven't managed to sell Leeds or Edinburgh it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be huge. Compare that to every other EU date where you cannot get a standing ticket now and most if not all of the seats are gone. Admittedly folks may simply not wanna deal with Leeds fest but a strong enough headliner will get people to make the trip - AM and BMTH day was gone in like a minute. 

That aside I love them and would be very happy to see them on a Download '23 bill. 

37 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

@Ken19in Rock Werchter topic said few times that RATM doing june/july festival tour

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Thursday

Main

Metallica

Ghost

Disturbed

Second

Offspring

Friday

Bring Me The Horizon

Architects

Enter Shikari

Second

Scorpions

Third

The Used

Saturday

Metallica

Sabaton

Bullet For My Valentine

Second

Don Broco

Third

Billy Talent

Sunday 

Slipknot

Parkway Drive

Cypress Hill

Second

Idles

Third

The Interrupters

Incredible. 

14 minutes ago, Zampa said:

I'm curious, why is this Lee in the know? He might be, but surely it's like anyone on here naming 4 bands, and the official forum repeating it as true because they read it on this forum. 

He leaked the Pilot headliners 2 days before they were officially announced

5 hours ago, willgooneday said:

Yeah that was frustrating, most bands in tents that year had a completely rammed crowd and its sad that they haven't upgraded the 4th stage like they said they would! The only way I could see a band like Shikari play the 3rd stage again is if they're a secret act.

53 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Also only "confirmed" the new heads as BMTH with Architects sub, never actually said the double head is Metallica... But it's not gonna be anyone else

Did he? I though what he said was most people had 3 nights correct....and given many were guessing Metallica X2, BMTH and Slipknot that can be interpreted 2 ways. Or something else I missed? 

Edit: plus doesn't what he say about the new Headliner also apply to Pearl Jam or NIN?

2nd edit: ok I'm looking on forums as I finally remade an account and he said not far off to Metallica X2, BMTH and RATM plus some named subs.

Edited by Spiral_Low