Download 2023

1 hour ago, Jrose said:

From someone on the inside - take or leave it i dont care.

Not inclined to believe it given the OG source of 2x Metallica was also confident on BMTH, but it'd be a hell of a lineup. The biggest metal band in the world, Corey and an Audioslave connection would be a real 20th anniversary bill.

But BMTH would need to be 2024, it's getting silly at this point.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They've since sold out a 60,000+ arena tour so your obsession with that show doesn't need to be so burning 🙂 

Just to add APE was the failure that year and not just Bring Me. The other days Mumford & Sons, Christine & The Queens etc all had bunch of freebie tixs released for them. Fuck knows what actually went wrong that year, maybe the dates, but the problem was bigger than Bring Me headlining.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, Jrose said:

Metallica 

Slipknot

Metallica

Rage against the machine

No info on any other bands. 

On one side there is info what we have but the other side, this is a lineup that if available I can't see Copping not going for.

Cheers for sharing anyway. I heard Parkway Drive but most on hear think they would be a strong sub and under RATM or Slipknot it would be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Not inclined to believe it given the OG source of 2x Metallica was also confident on BMTH, but it'd be a hell of a lineup. The biggest metal band in the world, Corey and an Audioslave connection would be a real 20th anniversary bill.

But BMTH would need to be 2024, it's getting silly at this point.

Given this Lee guy's history of supposedly leaking stuff maybe he was deliberately given a bit of false info? 😉

Just now, Spiral_Low said:

Given this Lee guy's history of supposedly leaking stuff maybe he was deliberately given a bit of false info? 😉

Let's not turn this into the Reading + Leeds '22 thread of tinfoil hattery 😂

15 hours ago, beetchez said:

I hope the Metallica x2 rumour is false. Also would Download have both RATM and BMTH less than a year after Reading?

65789.jpg

Atm, I'd be more inclined to believe the Mx2, Slipknot and Ratm booking. I don't see the point delaying Knotfest or a Slipknot UK show given the euro one's at all if they are just going to do their own show next year. I feel they don't want to risk a backlash of sales again and it's very true that a new album doesn't automatically mean things sell well.

19 hours ago, beetchez said:

I hope the Metallica x2 rumour is false. Also would Download have both RATM and BMTH less than a year after Reading?

65789.jpg

Like this. Feel it's pretty terrific - though cannot imagine Panic! At the Disco taking a sub-slot after headlining R+L.

Nice formatting though, always appreciate a good bit of formatting.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Like this. Feel it's pretty terrific - though cannot imagine Panic! At the Disco taking a sub-slot after headlining R+L.

Nice formatting though, always appreciate a good bit of formatting.

They co-headlined with Kendrick Lamar

On 7/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, Jrose said:

Metallica 

Slipknot

Metallica

Rage against the machine

No info on any other bands. 

Won't be far off this regardless of whether people take it or leave it. 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Just a thought - now they are touring again after Keith's tragic passing, could The Prodigy pop up as a 2nd stage headliner again? 

I'm unsure they'll essentially book two of the 3 10th anniversary headliners for the 20th. It looks too much like this is our anniversary set of headliners.

This being said, I'd be very much for a Prodigy set against one of the Metallica nights. I'm happy to see a greatest hits set but Kill Em All gives me zero interest. But I'm a hits Metallica person really, I rarely choose to play their songs.

Edited by thewayiam

Crosspost from official forum: Final poster from me based on current rumours, a few personal wishes, and Andy going "all out" for a Download anniversary with lots of familiar faces that make DL what it is, for better or worse. I'm sure some spots are wrong but this is about the jist of what I expect to see.

Download23.png

Why is Download so ashamed of having Enter Shikari play? They have played the fest loads and even headlined Pilot but they have never put them on the mainstage for some reason. Alestorm have played on the mainstage for fuck sake, they should be ashamed of them!

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Crosspost from official forum: Final poster from me based on current rumours, a few personal wishes, and Andy going "all out" for a Download anniversary with lots of familiar faces that make DL what it is, for better or worse. I'm sure some spots are wrong but this is about the jist of what I expect to see.

Download23.png

Is it a final post due to an imminent lineup drop?