Download 2023

1 hour ago, JimMacVeigh said:

Hatebreed for Dogtooth stage headliner? Comeback Kid sub? 

Yes please. My mate and I were saying last weekend that we would love for DL to embrace a bit more hardcore because every time you go and watch a hardcore band (Malevolence, Higher Power this year, for example), people lose their heads. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yes please. My mate and I were saying last weekend that we would love for DL to embrace a bit more hardcore because every time you go and watch a hardcore band (Malevolence, Higher Power this year, for example), people lose their heads. 

TGI 2013 was mad. Great fun. Surrounding crowd didn't know what was happening. Bet it was similar this year?

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Not sure about that, you had TGI / Sleep token on one night this year. Only a few years ago Dillinger were there. Gizz are the right kind of weird to slot right in.

The Ghost Inside played Slam Dunk in 2014 and could easily headline the metalcore stage there. They're popular with the Slam Dunk crowd. Even Dillinger wouldn't seem out of place as they've booked Glassjaw, Code Orange and Refused in the past. It's not really a huge secret that The Avalanche stage was created as a way to try an entice Slam Dunk goers to Download. So unless Gizz whip out a Pop Punk or Metalcore album out this year I don't see it happening. Would be good booking on main or 2nd stage though.

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Download is always terrible for booking Hardcore which is odd considering that Outbreak, Slam Dunk and 2000trees always get a great selection every year. It's almost as Download doesn't even want to compete with them.

Random wishlist of other stuff I haven't seen mentioned much if at all

Tropical Fuck Storm, Black Midi, Mogwai, Leprous, Soen, Counterparts, Zeal & Ador, Basement, Kennyhoopla, Goldfinger, Set Your Goals, 65daysofstatic

And you know what? If we're gonna have some cheese like Whitesnake, get Foreigner and/or REO Speedwagon in. 

Thursday

Main: Slipknot, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Messhugah, Bleed From Within  Malevolence, Vexed Second: Don Broco, While She Sleeps

Friday

Main: BMTH, Architects, Idles, Neck Deep, Ghostemane, Spiritbox, Loathe, Static Dress Second: Behemoth Avalanche: New Found Glory Zippo: Carpenter Brut

Saturday

Main: My Chemical Romance, Enter Shikari, Alexisonfire, Turnstile, Creeper,  A, Employed To Serve, Devil Master Second: Trivium Avalanche: Frank Turner Dogtooth: Converge Bloodmoon

Sunday 

Main: Metallica, Royal Blood, Alice In Chains, Clutch, Kvelertak, Knocked Loose '68, Taipei Houston Second: Sum 41 Avalanche: Refused Dogtooth: Mayhem

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Where’s this double metallic thing come from?

Guy on the official forum who apparently leaked almost all the pilot lineup a day before it was official. He's saying Metallica x2, BMTH with Architects sub and doesn't know the 4th

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Guy on the official forum who apparently leaked almost all the pilot lineup a day before it was official. He's saying Metallica x2, BMTH with Architects sub and doesn't know the 4th

Out of upvotes but thanks.

I think this could sway me on coming to download this year after a few years off.

Edited by Radi0Head

1 hour ago, jump said:

In two months time that will be Rage at Reading!

Rage Against The Machine are far bigger than Biffy and have a far bigger pull especially since they haven't played a gig in the UK for 10ish years? I anticipate a big crowd for both Leeds and Reading to see them. 

5 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Rage Against The Machine are far bigger than Biffy and have a far bigger pull especially since they haven't played a gig in the UK for 10ish years? I anticipate a big crowd for both Leeds and Reading to see them. 

Leeds day still ain't sold out, AM/BMTH day sold out in minutes - big culture shift at L/R. Undercard isn't good enough to warrant £90 + spends on the Rage day IMO, couldn't give a toss about Halsey

20 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I like your optimism even however their first UK gig will be Edinburgh which hasn't sold out as lickity split as some would have thought, they were hated on announcement by the tweens at R&L but still got tixs for Arctic Monkees & Dave plus the day is horribly booked so alot of people who want to see Rage are put off by shit like Willow Smith or Maneskin. There's multiple people in this forum who want to see Rage but aren't willing to deal with R&L to do it.

Thing is Biffy is a rock band at a rock festival. Rage is a rock band at a teen pop festival.

Edited by jump

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that and stay optimistic haha 

I've had my ticket since they got announced and we have a fair few heads going so I'll be at the front enjoying myself regardless haha.

Only bothered about Run the Jewels and Rage but oh well, it's a funny excuse for a piss up. 

4 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Only bothered about Run the Jewels and Rage but oh well, it's a funny excuse for a piss up. 

Don't skip Denzel Curry if you're going. If they're remotely smart they will also put Danny Brown up against Halsey but it's R+L so faith is low. If the timetable drops and that's the case I MIGHT convince myself to go on a resale ticket

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Saw somebody post this Biffy footage on Reddit, crikey. Didn't quite believe the stories of how dead it was but this is rough.

https://streamable.com/jdcq7o

Yikes. Such a shame for the band as the genuinely deserve a bigger crowd than that. Unfortunately can’t see it changing when they’re booked again in 25/26 cos let’s face it Copping will have them back if he can’t get his trusty number ones.

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

I live about 40 mins from leeds, I have the Friday off, but I can’t face going there to see rage to be honest, the lineup for that day is just not to my taste at all

They balanced the 2019 Foo Fighters day really well IMO so I don’t know why they haven’t done that again for RATM. No excuse now given there’s 2 main stages.

Edited by FeverDream

3 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Yikes. Such a shame for the band as the genuinely deserve a bigger crowd than that. Unfortunately can’t see it changing when they’re booked again in 25/26 cos let’s face it Copping will have them back if he can’t get his trusty number ones.

The crowd wasn't much better in 2017 either, I was at Rob Zombie but had to go grab something so could see down the main stage field when Biffy where on and it was small.