Download 2023

Would genuinely love it if Hundred Reasons headlined the Dogtooth stage in 23. A random choice, but was hoping they’d headline it this year, twenty years after they headlined the second stage at Ozzfest. 

Not that it would happen, but a run of InMe, earthtone9, A, hell is for heroes and H*R on one day on the Dogtooth stage would be bloody grand!  

• Upvote 1

Let’s have a go, shall we? 

APEX: Metallica / Faith No More / Limp Bizkit / Mudvayne / Anthrax / Bodycount feat. Ice T / Bokassa

OPUS: The Offspring / Billy Talent 

APEX: Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Alexisonfire / The Pretty Reckless / FEVER 333 / Spiritbox / Malevolence 

OPUS: Sabaton / Arch Enemy 

AVALANCHE: The Gaslight Anthem 

DOGTOOTH: Testament 

APEX: Guns N Roses / Alter Bridge / Greta Van Fleet / Billy Idol / Saxon / Orange Goblin / Starcrawler

OPUS: Rob Zombie / Behemoth

AVALANCHE: Turnstile 

DOGTOOTH: DevilDriver 

APEX: Metallica / Parkway Drive / Trivium / Clutch / Jinjer / Avatar / Municipal Waste 

OPUS: Don Broco / Papa Roach 

AVALANCHE: Asking Alexandria 

DOGTOOTH: Cradle Of Filth 

Edited by Andre91

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

APEX: Metallica / Faith No More / Limp Bizkit / Mudvayne / Anthrax / Bodycount feat. Ice T / Bokassa

APEX: Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Alexisonfire / The Pretty Reckless / FEVER 333 / Spiritbox / Malevolence 

APEX: Guns N Roses / Alter Bridge / Greta Van Fleet / Billy Idol / Saxon / Orange Goblin / Starcrawler

APEX: Metallica / Parkway Drive / Trivium / Clutch / Jinjer / Avatar / Municipal Waste 

Sure, that'll do. Can't see Limp or Greta being third down but other than that seems fine. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Great shouts on Devildriver and Cradle of Filth.
I believe God Forbid and Shadows Fall are doing (or have done) a few one off shows in the States, think they’d be shouts to play that stage if they end up going overseas. 
Bleeding Through would be an option too to play high up on Dogtooth. 
Ill Nino too maybe?

They bloody need to move that stage to where NXT used to be though, because its bloody shite where it is right now. 

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Here's hoping they had fun doing the 3 tracks off it in Malta and give us a treat, either L+R soon or DL23.

Just remembered what the last show I saw was, Manchester 2011 with Parkway, Architects and TDWP. What a fucking bill that was. 

All Oli Sykes talks about in interviews is how BMTH never stand still, they might do a few oldies but it won’t be a strictly DL-tailored set. The 2018 tour was great when they did a medley of old stuff. Excited for this next EP, they were unbelievable on the last tour.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That second day, ooft

@beetchezThe Wildhearts have split up again a few months ago.

My take with the talk of surprises, a 4th headliner who is big sub/weak headliner and having actually all the stages active all days and bands playing whilst the mainstage headliners are on.

Metallica - Limp Bizkit - Disturbed - While She Sleeps - Hatebreed - Code Orange - Bleed From Within - Bokassa

Greta Van Fleet - Clutch - Gary Clarke jr

Neck Deep 

Slade

Queens Of The Stone Age - Iggy Pop - Halestorm - The Pretty Reckless - Killing Joke - Pigs x7 - Butcher Babies - Saint Agnes

Machine Head -Behemoth - Avatar

The Interrupters

Cult Of Luna

Bring Me - Architects - Don Bronco - Turnstile - Refused - Hot Milk - Bob Vylan - VUKOVI

Whitesnake - Anthrax - Arch Enemy

Primus

Dimmu Borgir

Metallica - Sabaton - Lamb Of God - Amon Amarth - Dragon Force - Jinjer - Malevolence - Venom Prisom

The Offspring - The Distillers - Asking Alexandria

Deaf Havana

Apocalyptica

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

@beetchezThe Wildhearts have split up again a few months ago.

My take with the talk of surprises, a 4th headliner who is big sub/weak headliner and having actually all the stages active all days and bands playing whilst the mainstage headliners are on.

Metallica - Limp Bizkit - Disturbed - While She Sleeps - Hatebreed - Code Orange - Bleed From Within - Bokassa

Greta Van Fleet - Clutch - Gary Clarke jr

Neck Deep 

Slade

Queens Of The Stone Age - Iggy Pop - Halestorm - The Pretty Reckless - Killing Joke - Pigs x7 - Butcher Babies - Saint Agnes

Machine Head -Behemoth - Avatar

The Interrupters

Cult Of Luna

Bring Me - Architects - Don Bronco - Turnstile - Refused - Hot Milk - Bob Vylan - VUKOVI

Whitesnake - Anthrax - Arch Enemy

Primus

Dimmu Borgir

Metallica - Sabaton - Lamb Of God - Amon Amarth - Dragon Force - Jinjer - Malevolence - Venom Prisom

The Offspring - The Distillers - Asking Alexandria

Deaf Havana

Apocalyptica

That would be the first time I’d get a weekend ticket for Download. Chef’s kiss. Exactly the direction they need to go in.

• Thanks 1

They should’ve headlined in 2012, but I’m going to throw a curveball in there with Machine Head to headline. 

They’ve not played Download in a long time, they always go down well, always draw a huge crowd, and if they headlined the Thursday (if it’s not Metallica doing two nights), then I’d think they could pull it off. Especially if it’s a smaller day overall. 

Edited by JimMacVeigh
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

They should’ve headlined in 2012, but I’m going to throw a curveball in there with Machine Head to headline. 

They’ve not played Download in a long time, they always go down well, always draw a huge crowd, and if they headlined the Thursday (if it’s not Metallica doing two nights), then I’d think they could pull it off. Especially if it’s a smaller day overall. 

Rob doesn't like playing festivals, very unlikely. They could throw a load of cash at them but it wouldn't be a heartfelt set. 

3 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

They should’ve headlined in 2012, but I’m going to throw a curveball in there with Machine Head to headline as one of the headliners. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Rob doesn't like playing festivals, very unlikely. They could throw a load of cash at them but it wouldn't be a heartfelt set. 

I like them but I can't see them headlining myself. I mean their shows keep getting downsized. 

They have seemed to be getting more cooperative lately with things like having support bands so let them headline the 2nd stage with a 2 hour set (as they like playing longer) which they will smash and I can see them getting back on track to be proper headliners one day. 

1 minute ago, jump said:

I like them but I can't see them headlining myself. I mean their shows keep getting downsized. 

They have seemed to be getting more cooperative lately with things like having support bands so let them headline the 2nd stage with a 2 hour set (as they like playing longer) which they will smash and I can see them getting back on track to be proper headliners one day. 

Fair points. Maybe they’d take a second stage headline set. I think that’s a good shout overall. All depends on Rob Flynn’s ego. 

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard absolutely need a slot, dunno why I didn't put them on my sheet. They've got enough heavier stuff to fill several sets and they'd draw a big crowd, they sold out Alexandra Palace a few years ago. Avalanche headliner would suit best but even that might not be enough. 

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard absolutely need a slot, dunno why I didn't put them on my sheet. They've got enough heavier stuff to fill several sets and they'd draw a big crowd, they sold out Alexandra Palace a few years ago. Avalanche headliner would suit best but even that might not be enough. 

I'd be up for them.

Between the disinterest from the regulars and the slots they take at other festivals I don't automatically think they would need a big slot though. To me the issue is putting them in between a couple of bands that suit them, they would fucking fall flat if they are sandwiched in between say Hatebreed and Saxon but on a stage with say Band Of Skulls and Wolfmother they could work.

9 minutes ago, jump said:

I'd be up for them.

Between the disinterest from the regulars and the slots they take at other festivals I don't automatically think they would need a big slot though. To me the issue is putting them in between a couple of bands that suit them, they would fucking fall flat if they are sandwiched in between say Hatebreed and Saxon but on a stage with say Band Of Skulls and Wolfmother they could work.

Tent headliner IMO, they'd smash it and they're better suited to packed out smaller stages. Put bands like Orange Goblin and The Sword (who rammed out the tent in 2013 and should have had a bigger slot) on the same bill and you're laughing. 

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Get Machine Head at all costs. They would be welcomed like kings. As said above, offer them a 2 hours Opus headline set and I’m sure they would accept.

I can see Copping ringing Machine Head and it's an hour long conversation where they are haggling but it isn't over money, just how many minutes they can play for.

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Avalanche is typically for more "punky" based acts (i.e. wouldn't look out of place at Slam Dunk) so I don't think they'd ever headline that.

Guessing based on rumour (just top 3 main):

Thurs: Metallica/Sabaton/Halestorm

Fri: BMTH/Architects/Lamb Of God

Sat: Metallica/Ghost/Machine Head

Sun: Nine Inch Nails/Alice In Chains/Disturbed

If not NIN then Pearl Jam.

Also I think Rob Zombie 2nd Vs BMTH or subbing NIN with AIC on 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Avalanche is typically for more "punky" based acts (i.e. wouldn't look out of place at Slam Dunk) so I don't think they'd ever headline that.

The thing with King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard is that they are literally every musical genre that has ever been known to mankind. One of their 27 albums they are gonna release this year is bound to be pop-punk!

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Not sure about that, you had TGI / Sleep token on one night this year. Only a few years ago Dillinger were there. Gizz are the right kind of weird to slot right in.