Download 2023

7 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Anyway, QOTSA would be a good alternative 2nd stage headliner if they are going to insist on BMTH. 

Bit of a ropey one with Josh's ongoing legal stuff, they cancelled every appearance this year and are basically radio silent. 

However they all worked on Nikki Lane's upcoming album so hopefully that means there's no bad blood and Josh isn't so much of a piece of shit that the band don't want him. Don't want to make any assumptions, it's ongoing. 

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Bit of a ropey one with Josh's ongoing legal stuff, they cancelled every appearance this year and are basically radio silent. 

However they all worked on Nikki Lane's upcoming album so hopefully that means there's no bad blood and Josh isn't so much of a piece of shit that the band don't want him. Don't want to make any assumptions, it's ongoing. 

Josh is the band isn't he? Even Nick Oliveri wasn't a founding member. You could form a supergroup from the amount of insanely talented people who have been fired/left the band. 

In any case at this point Queens should be a shout in for headlining rather than being a 2nd stage headliner.

1 minute ago, jump said:

Josh is the band isn't he? Even Nick Oliveri wasn't a founding member. You could form a supergroup from the amount of insanely talented people who have been fired/left the band. 

In any case at this point Queens should be a shout in for headlining rather than being a 2nd stage headliner.

Yeah indeed, just thinking that if something really ugly came out of that battle, people might not want to play with Josh, hell he might not even wanna play at all. Only basing this on the comment his ex made about him headbutting her and knocking her out but who knows how much truth there is to anything. Hopefully it's all okay at the end of the day.

Not sure how well a Queens mainstage headline would go down at DL but I'd be there.

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah indeed, just thinking that if something really ugly came out of that battle, people might not want to play with Josh, hell he might not even wanna play at all. Only basing this on the comment his ex made about him headbutting her and knocking her out but who knows how much truth there is to anything. Hopefully it's all okay at the end of the day.

Not sure how well a Queens mainstage headline would go down at DL but I'd be there.

Ah, I thought you meant the band would kick him out. There's always likely to be some musician willing to tour with him if need be for the money and/or the break into the industry

5 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

In regards to the big 4 talk obvs it won't happen cuz of Slayer. But can totally see the extra day billed as a Knotfest. Worth pointing out BMTH have been supporting Slipknot on alot of Knotfest dates. 

It's possible and likely but I personally don't get why that would be such a big thing. It's mental to me some people think that would be bigger than AC/DC or Metallica. It's really just Slipknot headlining with some of the usual Download names under a different banner. I doubt Bring Me would sub for them in the UK as they aren't as big in other countries as they are here.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Hellfest only bumped up Ghost and Gojira as last minute replacements for Faith No More and Avenged Sevenfold though. Whilst they have smashed it this year their line ups aren't normally that strong, this was their last fest line up. Download would be fucking laughed at for putting Manowar as a headliner.

1543251560.webp

That wasn't the first time Ghost headlined though 

31 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

That wasn't the first time Ghost headlined though 

Are you thinking of Bloodstock? The last time they played Hellfest it was on the 2nd stage. Twisted Sister were seen as a more worthy headliner than them. WTF

Hellfest 2016! - Metal Storm

Edited by jump

8 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I thought it was odd the media reported a Rammstein 2023 tour whilst band said nothing and word is that 'announcement' may have been fake. So possible for Download after all? 

Yeah it was fake, they're a solid shout, been a hot minute

https://www.rammsteinworld.com/en/news-1311-official-denial-about-rammstein-s-2023-tour-announcement

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Queens aren't headlining Download, they would look very weak at the top on a huge year.

As someone else posted, that 4th day being Slipknot would work. Slipknot, BMTH/SOAD, Rage and Metallica. At this point I can't see past those 5 options. 

BMTH and Ghost are, in my opinion, the only bands that could step up to headline Download. Parkway Drive and FFDP aren't quite there yet, and Gojira and Architects will have to wait even longer (unless they co-headline).

I'm also seeing people suggest Enter Shikari and BFMV as headliners for next year. I don't think they'll ever headline the main Download. 

If we see a band like Alter Bridge headlining one of the days, I'd be thinking someone big pulled out and/or Copping's trying to save money.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

FFDP are ready for it, without question. Always tonnes of their merch on display and they pull headline sized crowds. I don’t think many would grumble if they were given the opportunity as they’re really popular with the DL audience. 

I hope this is satire haha

18 minutes ago, maddiet96 said:

Thoughts?

675678909.jpg

That Sunday Zippo run i great and Thursday. Papa Roach and Disturbed clash is nasty. Creed and Social Distortion is great. Other than that they need to go much stronger. 

21 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I hope this is satire haha

I would take him with a pinch of salt.

Thursday (Knotfest UK)

Mainstage: SLIPKNOT / Five Finger Death Punch / Trivium

___

Friday

Mainstage: METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Gojira

2nd: The Offspring / Alexisonfire

___

Saturday

Mainstage: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / While She Sleeps

2nd: Amon Amarth / Behemoth

___

Sunday

Mainstage: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Limp Bizkit / Run The Jewels

2nd: Halestorm / Rival Sons

Ghost to headline in 2024

Why are so many people talking about how Gojira, Bring Me, Queens, Ghost or Five Finger can’t headline when fucking Def Leppard have headliner 3 times in 10 years. The bar to headline Download isn’t very high despite people’s expectations that only mega bands can do it.

• Upvote 1