Download 2023

Placebo are, in terms of a British crowd, on par with The Smashing Pumpkin's, so if they could do it then Placebo could. It would be a very similar booking.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Download don’t have to balls to book Placebo in a big slot. Been saying for years they would be the perfect Second Stage headliner. 

Yeah they would be good as second stage headliner too. My list was more a wishlist than prediction tbh.

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Placebo subbing MCR main stage would work just fine as well. 

Now that I've said this, it'd actually be a great and interesting 2023 booking. Will be 16 years since MCR's last slot. 

MCR / Metallica / Rage Against the Machine, make it happen. 

Edited by BenG92

11 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

what about 4 days with Thursday being a Knotfest UK (mainstage only) and the other three Metallica, RATM and MCR

Few of us have mentioned it but think it's down to licencing rather than budget. That could obviously change behind the scenes. Would absolutely love a 5 day camp with 4 days of music, I'd go VIP for once. 

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Is the Hella Mega Tour really going to go on that long? The last dates I can see for it are this June.

Nah, after this summer it's over. I think it's a wish list type of thing.

At least it's better than people suggesting a Knotfest day which is just a day headlined by Slipknot and you can't really tell the difference between when they normally headline Download. 😜 

3 hours ago, beetchez said:

Would Copping risk having three brand new headliners like 08/09/10? 

64576854.jpg

I'd be there. That top 3 Friday Zippo is perfect for me and Papa Roach before hand is perfect. Matching most top 4s I've ever had. Saturday main stage is great too. 

But Copping would never book it. I can however see The Offspring and The Distillers happening.

Just for myself but I'd want something like this next year on main, imagine the other stages is filled with stuff like Saxon and Skid Row to keep the regulars happy.

Ghost- Gojira - Halestorm - The Pretty Reckless - Clutch - Every Time I Die - The Bronx - Radkey - Bokassa

Nine Inch Nails - A Perfect Circle - Alexisonfire - While She Sleeps - Ministry - Monster Magnet - Rolo Tomassi - Saint Agnes - Never Not Nothing

Rage - Prodigy - Slaves - Turnstile - Refused - Body Count - Fucked Up - Bob Vylan - Moscow Death Brigade

Edited by jump

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they had a very messy break up in January 😪

Fuck sake! I should have known that too as I was gonna see them at The Roundhouse with The Bronx supporting a month or two ago but it was cancelled and I just thought it was due to covid.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Just for myself but I'd want something like this next year on main, imagine the other stages is filled with stuff like Saxon and Skid Row to keep the regulars happy.

Ghost- Gojira - Halestorm - The Pretty Reckless - Clutch - Every Time I Die - The Bronx - Radkey - Bokassa

Nine Inch Nails - A Perfect Circle - Alexisonfire - While She Sleeps - Ministry - Monster Magnet - Rolo Tomassi - Saint Agnes - Never Not Nothing

Rage - Prodigy - Slaves - Turnstile - Refused - Body Count - Fucked Up - Bob Vylan - Moscow Death Brigade

Having NIN headlining would be epic. That Rage day is almost perfect as well. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Having NIN headlining would be epic. That Rage day is almost perfect as well. 

It makes me so confused how R&L even in the soundcloud rapper era have managed to twice now build a really rubbish day for them. Rage aren't really a metal band so you don't need to have a Anthrax or Megadeath type band on the undercard.

5 hours ago, jump said:

Yep this would be an instant ticket for me. Great line up & exactly the direction the festival should be going in. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

It makes me so confused how R&L even in the soundcloud rapper era have managed to twice now build a really rubbish day for them. Rage aren't really a metal band so you don't need to have a Anthrax or Megadeath type band on the undercard.

It’s madness. I don’t get why R&L haven’t just booked a couple of heavier acts like Limp Bizkit, Don Broco, Bob Vylan, Turnstile etc. this year to entice people a little more for the RATM day. I’m going but it’ll probably ruin the atmosphere and they probably won’t have as big a crowd due to it. Bit like NIN in 2013. 

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Seems like they've shot more for a good hip-hop undercard on the Rage day. Run the Jewels, Denzel Curry and Danny Brown are 3 of the best names in "smaller" hip-hop, although obviously no guarantee you can see all 3 and Rage. 

Yeah RTJ and Denzel are great but then they ruined it with Willow and Maneskin.

If they just switched Frank Carter and Black Honey to Sunday or have The Pit/Lock Up on Sunday (althought I'd feel sorry for the headliner that day) it would make the day look a lot better.

40 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah RTJ and Denzel are great but then they ruined it with Willow and Maneskin.

If they just switched Frank Carter and Black Honey to Sunday or have The Pit/Lock Up on Sunday (althought I'd feel sorry for the headliner that day) it would make the day look a lot better.

They could have but Frank Carter or Frank Turner as an opener on that day and then had a lock up/pit stage that finished before RATM started, would’ve made more sense than the current stage for sure.