Download 2023

23 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Dream Widow set? Dave Grohl's thrash metal band

The film looks gloriously silly and the song is much the same. 

Don’t think we’ll get an appearance from them though; they can’t do enough to convince Foo Fighters to play, let alone their parody band. 

I'm bored

Main: BMTH, Limp Bizkit, Architects, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Turnstile, Ocean Grove, Employed To Serve Zippo: Sabaton Avalanche: Refused Dogtooth: Wolves In The Throne Room

Main: RATM, Run The Jewels, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Skindred, Fever 333, Clutch, Therapy?, Scowl Zippo: Behemoth Avalanche: Taking Back Sunday Dogtooth: Converge (Blood Moon)

Main: Metallica, Trivium, Gojira, Messhugah, While She Sleeps, Zeal & Ardor, Fixation, Venom Prison. Zippo: Halestorm Avalanche: Hatebreed Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut 

Others: State Champs, Ibrakai, Health, Nothing, Naplam Death, Underoath, Angel Du$t

26 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

I'm bored

Main: BMTH, Limp Bizkit, Architects, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Turnstile, Ocean Grove, Employed To Serve Zippo: Sabaton Avalanche: Refused Dogtooth: Wolves In The Throne Room

Main: RATM, Run The Jewels, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Skindred, Fever 333, Clutch, Therapy?, Scowl Zippo: Behemoth Avalanche: Taking Back Sunday Dogtooth: Converge (Blood Moon)

Main: Metallica, Trivium, Gojira, Messhugah, While She Sleeps, Zeal & Ardor, Fixation, Venom Prison. Zippo: Halestorm Avalanche: Hatebreed Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut 

Others: State Champs, Ibrakai, Health, Nothing, Naplam Death, Underoath, Angel Du$t

Architects, WSS and Clutch are too low but other than that, that is a 10/10 lineup. I would bloody love Download to look like that! 

Been hanging around the official DL forum a bit, because occasionally they’re more fun than y’all😂

There’s a good suggestion on there that there should be format of 1 classic headliner, 1 established big name headliner and 1 rising star headliner.

I quite like that idea. Especially if the second stage headliner is a contrast, and if Avalanche and Dogtooth tents do they’re thing.  

I’m not sure where the demarcation is between “established” and “classic”, but if they could get it right, then I can see it working well.

1 hour ago, scrubbertheman said:

Been hanging around the official DL forum a bit, because occasionally they’re more fun than y’all😂

There’s a good suggestion on there that there should be format of 1 classic headliner, 1 established big name headliner and 1 rising star headliner.

I quite like that idea. Especially if the second stage headliner is a contrast, and if Avalanche and Dogtooth tents do they’re thing.  

I’m not sure where the demarcation is between “established” and “classic”, but if they could get it right, then I can see it working well.

It’s a good suggestion. I get that festivals can only book who is available, but, my god, seeing the options that are available this year; it’s mental how many headline acts are in Europe. If I was booking DL 23, I’d be going for: 

BMTH, Rage Against The Machine & Ghost. 

However, in reality, I think we’ll end up with: 

BMTH, Slipknot & A7X. 

Slipknot being booked again can be salvaged by doing some sort of Download Presents: Knotfest sort of thing. 

I really really hope they push both BMTH and Ghost up next year. There's an obvious argument to doing it in different years but they need to make at least 5 new headliners as soon as possible in my opinion.

BMTH / Ghost / an older act they haven't had yet like Pearl Jam or Green Day would make for a class weekend.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I really really hope they push both BMTH and Ghost up next year. There's an obvious argument to doing it in different years but they need to make at least 5 new headliners as soon as possible in my opinion.

BMTH / Ghost / an older act they haven't had yet like Pearl Jam or Green Day would make for a class weekend.

Even if they had a big hitter like Slipknot alongside those two, it would be a step in the right direction. 

I can’t see past Slipknot and A7X though. I think we’ll get BMTH making up the trio. 

GHOST / Disturbed / Killswitch Engage / Motionless In White

Zippo: Architects / Falling In Reverse (UK exclusive)

---

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Gojira / Alexisonfire

Zippo: Frank Carter / Billy Talent

---

BMTH / Wolf Alice / Don Broco / While She Sleeps

Zippo: Rob Zombie / Arch Enemy

8 hours ago, beetchez said:

GHOST / Disturbed / Killswitch Engage / Motionless In White

Zippo: Architects / Falling In Reverse (UK exclusive)

---

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Gojira / Alexisonfire

Zippo: Frank Carter / Billy Talent

---

BMTH / Wolf Alice / Don Broco / While She Sleeps

Zippo: Rob Zombie / Arch Enemy

Wolf Alice?!

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

imagine if...MGK at Download

I’ve said for many, many years that MCR style bottlings just wouldn’t happen at DL anymore and rightfully so because it is pathetic but I absolutely think that he would receive that kind of treatment if he appeared at Download on one of the two bigger stages 😂

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve said for many, many years that MCR style bottlings just wouldn’t happen at DL anymore and rightfully so because it is pathetic but I absolutely think that he would receive that kind of treatment if he appeared at Download on one of the two bigger stages 😂

He already played the second stage in 2017…

agree he probably wouldn’t be well received in the higher slots he’d command now though. 

10 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He already played the second stage in 2017…

agree he probably wouldn’t be well received in the higher slots he’d command now though. 

Yeah I know he’s played before but that was before he started parading around as the saviour of guitar music and winding up the metal crowd. 

I don’t think there’s much danger of him appearing at DL; he’ll get a massive slot at R&L 2023 and go down a storm. 

Edited by Andre91

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but why are a lot of people ignorant about Download lineups? Not necessarily here, thinking more Facebook and Reddit. It's like they've been to two at most and not bothered to see who has played in the past.

Eg when a fake poster is made:

"Pendulum would never play Download, it's not their thing"

"Faith No More/Limp Bizkit/Alice Cooper would be headliners, surely?"

"Judas Priest below Avenged? I dunno what you're smoking mate"

"MCR? Lol, no. Second stage maybe, but not headliners."