Download 2023

8 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

really bored by the Metallica album, and i was already not digging it since the last two singles (first two were pretty good)

they really should have stopped at Hardwired, nobody was expecting them to release anything new. imagine if they ended their studio run with Spit Out The Bone

Think my biggest problem with the new one is that dynamically all the songs are incredibly similar - needs a slower one here, a Spit Out the Bone-esque rager there to break it up a bit. It all just goes at the same pace and so becomes one long homogenous slog.

Also they forgot to write any choruses. Almost every ‘chorus’ is just the exact same pace as the verse, concluding with the track title being said once or twice.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Blink-182 sounded really good at Coachella, the best they’ve been since their initial reunion in 2009. They would be an amazing headline booking for DL 2024. 

Feel like they’d be more likely to do Reading/Leeds again, but given Download’s need for headliners, you’d certainly hope that’s where they end up. They’d also be much better received there given the state of R/L these days. Good to hear they’re sounding good though, gonna give that a watch later. 

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Feel like they’d be more likely to do Reading/Leeds again, but given Download’s need for headliners, you’d certainly hope that’s where they end up. They’d also be much better received there given the state of R/L these days. Good to hear they’re sounding good though, gonna give that a watch later. 

Let me know if you can find a link to the whole set because I’ve been trying all morning. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Let me know if you can find a link to the whole set because I’ve been trying all morning. 

Haven’t been able to find the full thing so just watched the couple of videos on Coachella’s YouTube page. They sound… alright. About what I expected really. I remember being really impressed with Mark’s vocals when I saw them at Leeds 2010 but tbh neither of them sound very good on these videos. Tom always sounds like he’s realllly trying to sing in his old voice but it just isn’t there anymore. But tbh, fuck it, I doubt anybody watching cared and the setlist looked great.

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Distillers probably out as spotted on the official forums, no longer on the A-Z, same as Seether before they pulled out - Dead Sara also missing a while ago

Surely we'll get a final announcement soon then if all of these adjustmenets are being made? 

4 minutes ago, Jallen said:

Surely we'll get a final announcement soon then if all of these adjustmenets are being made? 

Can't be far away either way, the festival's only like 70 days away, they haven't announced Puscifer yet and now have a big hole to fill - could be why it feels a bit late if they're scrambling

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Can't be far away either way, the festival's only like 70 days away, they haven't announced Puscifer yet and now have a big hole to fill - could be why it feels a bit late if they're scrambling

QOSTA? Although I feel like given their UK dates announced yesterday, they're going to be added to Glastonbury

*Also* Wow, I didn't realise it's 7 weeks away? 49 days???

Edited by Jallen

8 minutes ago, Jallen said:

QOSTA? Although I feel like given their UK dates announced yesterday, they're going to be added to Glastonbury

QOTSA are Glasto Sunday, already announced by The Guardian with the first lineup drop and then swiftly pulled, now evidently to sell tickets to their own shows first. 

Only space left for QOTSA is potentially Saturday under Metallica, can't see that happening. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

QOTSA are Glasto Sunday, already announced by The Guardian with the first lineup drop and then swiftly pulled, now evidently to sell tickets to their own shows first. 

Only space left for QOTSA is potentially Saturday under Metallica, can't see that happening. 

Makes them all the less likely then.

I'm honestly not even sure who they'd be able to get at this point

3 minutes ago, Jallen said:

Makes them all the less likely then.

I'm honestly not even sure who they'd be able to get at this point

Was Frank Carter when they did this last year. Can see Download just not bothering to try booking them again now after two dropouts on the trot. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Was Frank Carter when they did this last year. Can see Download just not bothering to try booking them again now after two dropouts on the trot. 

Might be case of just having to boost up the slots of acts they already have?

Would be stunned if a band of QOTSA’s size at this stage when it’s sold out. If The Distillers had a biggish slot what about Incubus as a replacement? Around at that time (looks like they’re at Croatia on the 9th and I don’t think I’ve missed anything else) 

Could be a good addition at this stage

18 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

what about Incubus as a replacement? Around at that time (looks like they’re at Croatia on the 9th and I don’t think I’ve missed anything else) 

Please, I beg. I expected them in the last poster drop. 

29 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Please, I beg. I expected them in the last poster drop. 

I didn’t realise that they’re actually playing Nova Rock on the 10th as it’s not on their poster; still don’t think Austria is too far a journey to make. 

I would love to see them there, when they got added to Mad Cool last year I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed them considering I only knew a couple of songs, would love to see them again now I’m more familiar with them

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I didn’t realise that they’re actually playing Nova Rock on the 10th as it’s not on their poster; still don’t think Austria is too far a journey to make. 

I would love to see them there, when they got added to Mad Cool last year I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed them considering I only knew a couple of songs, would love to see them again now I’m more familiar with them

Yeah they're playing 3 nights in a row in different US states so absolutely possibility in that regard, although they're doing an Eden Project session and another London show, so maybe not. Who knows. Be a great last minute add if they do but I see a lot of people talking about Amon Amarth or whatever instead.