Download 2023

34 minutes ago, beetchez said:

Wishlist: BMTH/MCR/A7X - Very unlikely to have three "youth-orientated" headliners at Download. Plus it's odd as to why BMTH haven't been since 2014.

Realistic Wishlist: RATM/MCR/Metallica -  Rage were wasted being announced for Reading whereas they'd be treated as royalty at Download. MCR have been thrown around a lot. Metallica are due to return.

Realistic: SOAD, plus two of Aerosmith/Rammstein/Ozzy/Slipknot - SOAD will be back to headline, even though they should gracefully step down to sub. The others bring in the standard crowd that makes money for Download.

2024 prediction while we're at it: A7X/Def Leppard/a band that didn't make the 2023 cut (Rammstein).

Yeah I think SOAD and Slipknot are nailed. Andy was loving it at the idea of the 3 bands that had offered themselves and I can't see him loving much more than proper 90s era of then two if you like. I mean it probably will be a classic band on top of that.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Surely RATM makes sense for 2023 as I'd imagine they'll do R&L 2022 as their tour has been pushed? 

I can see Metallica - RATM - Slipknot OR Metallica - RATM - MCR

Well RATM actually yes. I think SOAD are nailed. Slipknot would only have had one actual Download space between. Whether he just accepts them going for Knotfest this time or not.

Metallica I can see but they've held off this long.

My Chemical Roamnce, Placebo, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Don Broco, Ghostemane, Creeper, Dream State, Hot Milk Zippo: Machine Head Avalanche: Refused, Turnstile Dogooth: Kvelertak, Zeal & Ardor 

Slipknot, Architects, Alice In Chains, Halestorm, Code Orange,  Devildriver, Northlane, Hacktivist, Heriot Zippo: The Misfits, AFI Avalanche: Papa Roach, $uicideboy$ Dogtooth: Sunn 0))), Wolves In The Throne Room

Metallica, Judas Priest, Rob Zombie, Eagles Of Death Metal,The Struts, Cleopatrick, Puppy Zippo: Pendulum, Skindred Avalance: New Found Glory, Mayday Parade Zippo: Pertburbator, Greg Puciato. 

What i'd like:

Fri: NIN, Placebo, Halestorm, NOFX, Less Than Jake, Jinjer, Venom Prison, The Hyena Kill

Sat: Rammstein, Machine Head, Gojira, Tesseract, Alien Weaponery, Oceans Of Slumber, Haken, VOLA

Sun: RATM, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Baroness, Refused, L7, Twelve Foot Ninja, 3teeth

6 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

My Chemical Roamnce, Placebo, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Don Broco, Ghostemane, Creeper, Dream State, Hot Milk Zippo: Machine Head Avalanche: Refused, Turnstile Dogooth: Kvelertak, Zeal & Ardor 

Slipknot, Architects, Alice In Chains, Halestorm, Code Orange,  Devildriver, Northlane, Hacktivist, Heriot Zippo: The Misfits, AFI Avalanche: Papa Roach, $uicideboy$ Dogtooth: Sunn 0))), Wolves In The Throne Room

Metallica, Judas Priest, Rob Zombie, Eagles Of Death Metal,The Struts, Cleopatrick, Puppy Zippo: Pendulum, Skindred Avalance: New Found Glory, Mayday Parade Zippo: Pertburbator, Greg Puciato. 

AFI, Papa Roach and Slipknot would be ace.

7 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Outstanding stuff. 

My Chemical Romance / Evanescene / Don Broco / Alexisonfire / While She Sleeps / Northlane / Wargasm

Disturbed / Skindred 

The Interrupters 

Cult of Luna 

Metallica / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Killswitch Engage / Testament / Jinjer / Blues Pills / Bokassa 

Enter Shikari / Coheed and Cambria 

Beartooth 

TesseracT

Download presents… Knotfest: Slipknot / Trivium / Lamb of God / Babymetal / Code Orange / Fever 333 / Knocked Loose / Gatecreeper 

Sabaton / Greta Van Fleet 

The Story So Far 

Kreator 

19 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Metallica oficially confirmed a end june-early july festival tour for next year so it's true the rumour that they will be doing that in 2022 and early june festivals (Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park/Download/Graspop) in 2023

If Download don’t get them in 2023 then you’ve gotta imagine there’s been some falling out there or something. One of Download’s small pool of depended on headliners not playing for over a decade whilst touring the vicinity every few years is mighty odd. 

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If Download don’t get them in 2023 then you’ve gotta imagine there’s been some falling out there or something. One of Download’s small pool of depended on headliners not playing for over a decade whilst touring the vicinity every few years is mighty odd. 

i think they will get them. it was only a matter of schedule. metallica just vanished from european festival circuit for almost a decade

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm going ambitious....won't happen.

Slipknot, RATM and Metallica with SOAD playing under Metallica with a headline length set.

Essentially it'll be too early for Slipknot given the cancelled years but this is Copping and Corey Taylor 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going ambitious....won't happen.

Slipknot, RATM and Metallica with SOAD playing under Metallica with a headline length set.

Essentially it'll be too early for Slipknot given the cancelled years but this is Copping and Corey Taylor 

SOAD ain’t playing under anybody at Download, ever. They’re as big a ticket shifter as pretty much anyone they could book. They always shift tonnes of day tickets whenever they play. 

It’s not too early for Slipknot and with the new album in tow, I agree that they will likely be there. 

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

SOAD ain’t playing under anybody at Download, ever. They’re as big a ticket shifter as pretty much anyone they could book. They always shift tonnes of day tickets whenever they play. 

It’s not too early for Slipknot and with the new album in tow, I agree that they will likely be there. 

at the time of Download 2019, We Are Not Your Kind were not released yet so they technically have 2 albuns and four years on the back for a return. Slipknot in 2023 would be a good booking

6 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Slipknot - Metallica are almost nailed on, i think SOAD could be the 3rd headliner but i hope for RATM or MCR

I think Slipknot and MCR will definitely be two of the three.

The final one could be Metallica but if they’re doing festivals only in 2022, they could be R&L bound. RATM are locked in for R&L 2022 though so who knows if they would book those two in the same year - they’re both guaranteed ticket shifters. 

Avenged Sevenfold with a new album in tow would be a good booking. There’s no other festival over here they can headline and it would have been five years since they last played. 

My Chemical Romance, Slipknot & Avenged Sevenfold / Rage Against The Machine / Metallica? 

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Slipknot and MCR will definitely be two of the three.

The final one could be Metallica but if they’re doing festivals only in 2022, they could be R&L bound. RATM are locked in for R&L 2022 though so who knows if they would book those two in the same year - they’re both guaranteed ticket shifters. 

Avenged Sevenfold with a new album in tow would be a good booking. There’s no other festival over here they can headline and it would have been five years since they last played. 

My Chemical Romance, Slipknot & Avenged Sevenfold / Rage Against The Machine / Metallica? 

Metallica are almost nailed. Rumours since beginning of the year said that they were doing end june-early july fests (werchter, hellfest 2, mad cool etc) in 2022 and early june fests in 2023 (rock am ring, download) which has been proven at least half true now

all bands RATM, Avenged Sevenfold and MCR are pretty likely tho

10 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Metallica are almost nailed. Rumours since beginning of the year said that they were doing end june-early july fests (werchter, hellfest 2, mad cool etc) in 2022 and early june fests in 2023 (rock am ring, download) which has been proven at least half true now

all bands RATM, Avenged Sevenfold and MCR are pretty likely tho

Metallica are far, far from nailed on.