• Scissors
    • Tear With My Hands
    • I Don't Eat Pizza
    • I Don't Cut Pizza, I Eat it With a Knife & Fork
    • I Fold It Over Like a Calzone and Eat it Like a Cornish Pasty

51 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

That is one very surprised chainsaw

Hello fred,

Yeah, word on DIY Street is that it had only just found out that it was a chainsaw when that photo was taken. It had originally thought it was a harmless ancient pagan tradition. What you see is the manifestation of a chainsaw going through existential angst. 

19 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I actually think the states does pizza better than any other country

Worth noting that whilst the States does have some very good pizza, it also has plenty of absolutely fucking awful pizza.

I like Scotland very much. It’s a beautiful country, they’re a friendly lot, I love a good single malt and their dedication to excellent breakfast foods should be regularly applauded. 
the deep fried stuff is hit and miss. White pudding supper and haggis are both amazing. But deep frying a pizza? 🤨 what are you doing up there?!?! 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I like Scotland very much. It’s a beautiful country, they’re a friendly lot, I love a good single malt and their dedication to excellent breakfast foods should be regularly applauded. 
the deep fried stuff is hit and miss. White pudding supper and haggis are both amazing. But deep frying a pizza? 🤨 what are you doing up there?!?! 

One of the best football chants I heard was during a Scotland v Italy game. Things were as usual not going too well so the Scottish crowd started singing, in an attempt to wind up the Italians. 

’deep fry your pizzas, we’re gonna deep fry your pizzas’

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, balti-pie said:

But deep frying a pizza? 🤨 what are you doing up there?

Have you had one? They are geniuenly great, it's not a joke novelty food like the deep-fried sweets it's my standard chip shop order and going without was of the the things I really missed when living in England.

11 hours ago, balti-pie said:

There's a guy on YouTube who has a channel basically checking if various foods fry, inc. chinese take aways, Big Macs, Zinger burgers etc. Here he is trying three different Dominos pizzas.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Can you tell what it is yet?

The cake stunt at Emanuel’s in East Kilbride comes after Marks & Spencer started legal action against Aldi over the rival’s Cuthbert the Caterpillar product.

It's a deep fried M & S Colin the Catterpillar.

A chip shop in South Lanarkshire covered the birthday cake in batter and fried it as part of a special promotion.

And yes it was a Scottish chippy that deep fried it.

Messrs Mark and Spencer will be turning in their graves at this treatment of one of their signature cakes! Actually the deep frying of everything in some chip shops probably goes back to the days when these shops didn’t have any other way of cooking and heating food, no ovens, microwaves etc.  So everything just got battered and chucked in the hot animal fat. Chickens, pies, black pudding, hamburgers, sausages etc all went in with the fish.  

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

probably goes back to the days when these shops didn’t have any other way of cooking and heating food, no ovens, microwaves etc.  So everything just got battered and chucked in the hot animal fat. Chickens, pies, black pudding, hamburgers, sausages etc all went in with the fish.  

The problem with that theory is that in other parts of the country in times long gone by, they also wouldn't have had ovens, microwaves etc either, but I've not really heard of deep frying 'odd foods' in batter anywhere else other than Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The problem with that theory is that in other parts of the country in times long gone by, they also wouldn't have had ovens, microwaves etc either, but I've not really heard of deep frying 'odd foods' in batter anywhere else other than Scotland.

I have to agree with that! Seriously I’ve always avoided foods cooked in this way, stodgy with grease dripping out them. Deep fried heart attacks. The pizza is one of the worst. The dough just becomes totally saturated with grease unlike for instance a pie where at least you can cut a hole in the base allowing surplus fat to drain out.  Sounds as disgusting as it tastes! Anyway I’m off for lunch, chicken salad sandwich, a pear and an apple.  That’s me, a disgrace to my nation😉

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I have to agree with that! Seriously I’ve always avoided foods cooked in this way, stodgy with grease dripping out them. Deep fried heart attacks. The pizza is one of the worst. The dough just becomes totally saturated with grease unlike for instance a pie where at least you can cut a hole in the base allowing surplus fat to drain out.  Sounds as disgusting as it tastes! Anyway I’m off for lunch, chicken salad sandwich, a pear and an apple.  That’s me, a disgrace to my nation😉

I also think it is a West of Scotland thing, in my younger days I regularly had a deep fried pizza and chips, for some reason always in the early hours of the morning. However I moved to Aberdeen and no deep fried pizza. I still visit family in Glasgow and the thing that has developed since I left is the munchy box, basically a pizza box filled with chips, various deep fried thins, usually some pizza and often kebab meat, no salad or vegetables in this lot.

17E57C32-6313-4D2F-BE5D-44CC6CD11BB4.jpeg

2753794F-1EF2-42F3-9333-10EECB9BE428.jpeg