Glastonbury 2021 - What might have been?

Hugh Jass

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

The 1975 will headline Other at some point between 2022-24 — but in agreement with you that their chance to make a definitive leap to the top of the pointy tree is probably gone.

They're forever doomed to sit in that little cabal of bands who exist in the void between subbing and headlining along with Foals and Biffy.

To be joined shortly by Royal Blood.

Edited by Hugh Jass

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would Flo have had an album out do we think? She's only had one since she last headlined and read the other day that she's working on a Great Gatsby musical.

Dunno, I like Flo but I do feel like she's probably hit her peak popularity, at least in current form.  Feels like she could be due a bit of a reinvention maybe, or at least a change up in sound. 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Dunno, I like Flo but I do feel like she's probably hit her peak popularity, at least in current form.  Feels like she could be due a bit of a reinvention maybe, or at least a change up in sound. 

Yeah, I can't see how a Flo headline set in 2021/22 would be massively different to her headline set in 2015.

12 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

If the weather this June is decent and 2022 is a washout I’m not going to be happy!

Based on this month’s weather the State of The Ground thread would be very busy. Wouldn’t be a fun build for the guys on site

We'd be seven weeks away now. We'd probably know most of the acts playing and might have started getting individual area posters trickling through, this would be peak time for frenzied worry and freakouts over potential clashes, obsessing over weather charts, forensic investigation of any maps that have dropped and rampant speculation on special guests and other surprises. This place would be bouncing.

Still... at least it's only 59 weeks till the next one.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Out of the years I've been 2015-2019, I think 2015 was the best weather for me. Comfortable to be in shorts and t-shirt the full time but not too warm. It did rain fairly heavy for a bit on the Friday afternoon but it soon stopped and the ground dried quickly. 

2016 - That was tough. 

2017 - Scorching Wednesday, that was a tough queue. Can't recall a lot of the other weather, think it was mostly dry, not too cold but kinda overcast?

2019 - I hate to be THAT guy but it was too hot for me. I barely drank any alcohol the whole time cause I just needed so much water.

I still think The 1975 could headline the Pyramid but do agree this has delayed it by a few years. Probably would have been about this year but now probably not until 2023/24 I reckon. They're not quite as hot property as they were in 2019 but then nobody is really? I have no doubts when they next release an album/announce a tour it'll be a big deal again.

Edited by DareToDibble

17 hours ago, kalifire said:

Given how hot 2017 and 2019 were, I wouldn’t miss that kind of weather. 

2017 was only  hot on Weds then went back to the norm for the following 4 days. With some rain to boot overnight a couple times which was fine by me. I did not have to buy wellies which was a relief.

Edited by Suprefan