Rock am Ring 2022

pete76

11 minutes ago, Archi said:

I guess the missing headliner is the same is the same as Nova RockMetallica

Missing Nova Rock headliner is Volbeat according to NR thread - there's a leak and honestly it make sense to have them there. Personally, I can't see NR having 3 expensive headliners (Foos, Muse + Metallica). I would like that scenario but can't see that happening

2 hours ago, Archi said:

I know. I saw the poster leaked by Billy Talent but still have some hope to have something better than a classic Volbeat there!

Maybe RHCP for the Ring?

RHCP have yet to annouce their return in 2022. Atm everything is cancelled. But they might be an opportunity.

Although Foo Fighters make more sense. Maybe they want to announce Hellfest first / at the same time.

Edited by Karlos12345

Foos moved their Berlin show from Waldbuhne Amphitheatre to Tempelhof Airfield, capacity is way bigger, so can't see them doing two more festival shows. Still not impossible, considering information about four shows in France (Hellfest, Paris, Nimes x2) is true. Both Muse and Foos are great options.
But won't be surprised if it's actually Die Toten Hosen or some other German-speaking band.

52 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Foos moved their Berlin show from Waldbuhne Amphitheatre to Tempelhof Airfield, capacity is way bigger, so can't see them doing two more festival shows. Still not impossible, considering information about four shows in France (Hellfest, Paris, Nimes x2) is true. Both Muse and Foos are great options.
But won't be surprised if it's actually Die Toten Hosen or some other German-speaking band.

Toten Hosen would be my guess too. They actually sell better in Germany than most international stars. I guess we'll see soon

• 3 weeks later...

I would have loved to see Muse on a solo show or on another festival here , but man, what can you do?

The undercard is VERY huge for German standards, there are like ten acts who could sub the main stage or headline the second stage.

But the price tag here is pretty high and boomer metal-fans on social media are already starting to whine again, so they have to deliver a stacked line up I guess...

4 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I see Maneskin there. I wonder if they'll be around other festivals next year as well. They could be a fun main stage opening band or something

Wonder the same.

Maybe Primavera 2nd weekend or Werchter?

Edited by Festcrazy

I have one day where I'd love it all day bit then two filtered down days where it's not worth it. Riot! Fest I'd genuinely go to if I lived in Chicago. 

I may even in the future plan a trip to America to co-incide. Just August flights are stupidly more expensive than I need to pay. State Champs, Four Year Strong, then Andrew WK, Rancid and Dropkick Murphy's is a very me lineup. Then Simple Plan and NFG the following night. It's what Slam Dunk should look like rather than what it does. They've done far better with lineups than this year.

I also think I will get a lot of the bands covering that type they do play here next May/June.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...