First timer tips

zico martin

Me and the missus are on the edge of getting a couple of tickets for this but am I doing the right thing?  Not really a Levellers fan but the line up 2019 seemed to have an enough to keep us entertained. Any tips? Only really used to Glastonbury so looking forward to a small cosy one for just the 2 of us.

Yeah, you are absolutely doing the right thing. No tips as such, but if you like Glastonbury you will almost certainly like Beautiful Days. It's like a scaled down Glastonbury - take as much drink as you want and no restrictions on taking into the main areas. 
When the line up is revealed (Friday?) I will be listening to all the artists and deciding who I like. It's always surprising to me how many new acts I come across this way that I would never normally give time to.
I'm sure you will have a great time. Fingers crossed it goes ahead! By the way, I wouldn't hold off getting tickets for too long - it's 90% sold out according to the Facebook account.

3 hours ago, elias said:

Yeah, you are absolutely doing the right thing. No tips as such, but if you like Glastonbury you will almost certainly like Beautiful Days. It's like a scaled down Glastonbury - take as much drink as you want and no restrictions on taking into the main areas. 
When the line up is revealed (Friday?) I will be listening to all the artists and deciding who I like. It's always surprising to me how many new acts I come across this way that I would never normally give time to.
I'm sure you will have a great time. Fingers crossed it goes ahead! By the way, I wouldn't hold off getting tickets for too long - it's 90% sold out according to the Facebook account.

Done. The lack of restrictions tipped me over the edge so thank you!

And yes I agree, the build up and listening to all the unknown acts on the line up is just as important as the actual festival for me, roll on Friday 🙂

2 hours ago, zico martin said:

Done. The lack of restrictions tipped me over the edge so thank you!

And yes I agree, the build up and listening to all the unknown acts on the line up is just as important as the actual festival for me, roll on Friday 🙂

We went for the first time year before last, mainly because we love Bearded Theory and there is quite a big crowd crossover. Loved it. Really nice crowd, really relaxed, great layout. Weather was shite but don't think anybody will be bothered about the weather this year as long as it happens! Music-wise there wasn't that much on I was overly bothered about but that meant got to see loads of new stuff I really enjoyed might not have seen otherwise. 

Think buying your tickets before Friday was a wise move, amazed it hasnt sold out already. 

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, zico martin said:

Me and the missus are on the edge of getting a couple of tickets for this but am I doing the right thing?  Not really a Levellers fan but the line up 2019 seemed to have an enough to keep us entertained. Any tips? Only really used to Glastonbury so looking forward to a small cosy one for just the 2 of us.

first one for me 🙂 see you in the fields fingers crossed ... seems like quite a few from efests in attendance 🙂 

Not much to add really.  It's not a massive late night fest, but the silent disco goes until about 5am on Fri and Sat if that's your bag. They do shut the other stages on the Sunday night so that the whole crowd is at the main stage for the Levs, but it does create a lovely busy feel to it.

The small number of stages can mean that you end up with musical dead patches if nothing grabs you, but you've got the Tiny Tea Tent up on the hill to chill out, and there's a cabaret tent as well.

Think of it as a bigger version of Field of Avalon in terms of the vibe. Main stage is somewhere between Park / Other / Glade.  Big Top is more like Avalon / Avalon Café. Bimble Inn is Bimble Inn 😄

Car park's much closer than for Glastonbury, so it's no big job to go back out and grab more stuff rather than try and lug it all in a single trip.

Decent food stalls. You'll recognise some of them from Glastonbury. Don't think I ate the same thing twice and it was all good. Bars are decent if you like ale, run by Otter.

It's all pretty chilled out.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MastoDan said:

This will be my first year too! Is there much nighttime entertainment? As in stuff going on after the main bands have finished. Cheers guys.

Little Big Top and Bimble Inn are open after the main stages on Fri and Sat.  LBT has DJs until about 2am and then silent disco until 5am.  Bimble Inn has...well Bimble Inn stuff until late but can't remember what time they stop.  Can't remember if the BI goes on after the main stage finishes on the Sunday.

There's not a massive amount, but enough to keep you ticking over 🙂