Sign of the Times Festival

Dales

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:27 PM, Dales said:

My partner came axcross this and got tickets. Maybe not one for the bright young things but certainly good value for an older demographic. A number of bands, I was in to in my younger days and a few I still go and see on a regular basis. 

https://signofthetimesfestival.co.uk/

That looks good, right up my street and shares a whack of the lineup with the Saturday at https://www.kubixfestival.com

Loving some of the smaller fest line ups and the ticket price is insanely cheap.   

78B24EF0-9511-49C2-AB3B-659BACDBFF79.png

On 4/30/2021 at 1:27 PM, Dales said:

My partner came axcross this and got tickets. Maybe not one for the bright young things but certainly good value for an older demographic. A number of bands, I was in to in my younger days and a few I still go and see on a regular basis. 

https://signofthetimesfestival.co.uk/

It us and covers two very different types of music but similar eras.

It's just top risky for early July.

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I am genuinely optimistic for events of this scale going ahead in England even as early as start of July.  Unfortunately that’s not the case in Scotland for me, but as long as I can travel 😁

Just now, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I am genuinely optimistic for events of this scale going ahead in England even as early as start of July.  Unfortunately that’s not the case in Scotland for me, but as long as I can travel 😁

It's not about the optimism. It's more putting money into something with being unsure. I can't afford to lose money on cancelled events.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's not about the optimism. It's more putting money into something with being unsure. I can't afford to lose money on cancelled events.

Yeah I get that, but with day tickets at kubix only £25 I think it’s a gamble worth taking. Plus the organiser has said they are willing to take on the financial risk without the government backed insurance, so one less hurdle to worry about there in terms of cancellation 

Just now, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Yeah I get that, but with day tickets at kubix only £25 I think it’s a gamble worth taking. Plus the organiser has said they are willing to take on the financial risk without the government backed insurance, so one less hurdle to worry about there in terms of cancellation 

It's not when I'm working Thursday to Sunday that weekend so have to book/cancel holiday late on. Nothing is worth the gamble for me yet this side of November. And I will absolutely not wear a face mask to any indoor or outdoor music event.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's not when I'm working Thursday to Sunday that weekend so have to book/cancel holiday late on. Nothing is worth the gamble for me yet this side of November. And I will absolutely not wear a face mask to any indoor or outdoor music event.

Fair point fella, let’s hope it’s back to normal soon ✌️❤️

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I know what you know about maybe to soon and I am not really sure how things are going to play out but have the tickets for sign of the times now and would have gone for Kubix if i lived in that part of the country. When events started getting put back to September, I thought there might be a better chance of them going ahead. To a certain degree thats true but also wonder will there only be a small window of opportunity early on to go to events before maybe that all get closed down again come the autumn. Hope not but by having events booked from early on to late, I hope to get to something.

I am also tempted by the Heritage Live opening day headlined by James with a strong support from Feeder, Maximo Park & The Snuts among others.

Now that may well be far to soon with a date of 24th June. It may well be one of the first events of that size this year and maybe based on how that goes it might decide whether other events go ahead. I would imagine demand for that one will be high.

I cant say that I am that keen on wearing a face mask either at any event.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/21/210510a.shtml

45 minutes ago, Dales said:

I know what you know about maybe to soon and I am not really sure how things are going to play out but have the tickets for sign of the times now and would have gone for Kubix if i lived in that part of the country. When events started getting put back to September, I thought there might be a better chance of them going ahead. To a certain degree thats true but also wonder will there only be a small window of opportunity early on to go to events before maybe that all get closed down again come the autumn. Hope not but by having events booked from early on to late, I hope to get to something.

I am also tempted by the Heritage Live opening day headlined by James with a strong support from Feeder, Maximo Park & The Snuts among others.

Now that may well be far to soon with a date of 24th June. It may well be one of the first events of that size this year and maybe based on how that goes it might decide whether other events go ahead. I would imagine demand for that one will be high.

I cant say that I am that keen on wearing a face mask either at any event.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/21/210510a.shtml

Aye me too on the James gig but at 10k I can't see it. Not 3 days after the scheduled lifted date. £60 is actually a bit steep for me too. I'm already seeing Feeder if/when I've got tickets on September 4th so that's too much for me.

• 2 months later...

Echo & the Bunnymen have cancelled and been replaced by the Happy Mondays. A little disappointing as they were the biggest draw at this for me. i like the Mondays but a bit of a down grade as headliner. However, still a a bargain at the price.

• 1 month later...

Had a great time at this and from the horror stories at so many festivals this year, I can report that the toilets were chemical ones with no queues and they even had cleaning teams sanitising them and replacing toilet rolls. No huge crowds with plenty of families but very few young adults to spoil things 🙂 A good crowd with out a lot of the problems that often go on at festivals.

No new bands to discover but I knew that anyway, it was always going to be a nostalga trip for an older crowd.

Cast, Ash, Adam Ant delivered great sets and I was mildly surprised by Ferocious Dog who opened the festival and went down well.

The Mondays & Black Grape were good fun and the banter between Shaun & Kermit was most amusing on the Saturday. Grape were on at midday and Shaun seemed confused as to were he was and Kermit pointed out how can he not know whwere he was when you played her last night! Shaun was Shaun and a bit shambolic but I dont think anyone cared but Kermit was on point, a  true professional and very witty chap. Still can't work out how Bez can still keep going at his age, a true legend.

Also enjoyed Peter Hook but every time I see him it does seem a little Karaoke (Can it be Karaoke if you were in the bands?) Unfortunatly his voice is not the best but those tunes are awesome.