ALT LDN

pete76

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is nothing to suggest Kasabian will have Tom back at all.

Unfortunately everything can be put to the back of minds. This is how desperate people on here are for live music again. 

Promoters have been booking acts with shady pasts for a long time.  

4 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I like your optimism. 😆Try and get this discussion back to the festival itself. I think it might of gone to a point of no return. 

Needs nuking. 

Was worth a try.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sleep Token too. Decent run. But yeah, £70 is steep. 

Sleep Token are one I need to look into more, but I could see Architects in Cardiff for under £50, so the value isn't there for me.

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

What I was saying is in her quote! She didn't want him to self-destruct, he's a young lad at the start of his career and he fucked up. She had "motherly concern". 

You seem like you want to defend him? Do you believe what he did was acceptable? 

First off, the fact you keep repeatedly trying to suggest I am in anyway in favour of abuse or misogyny is wild. I was the one who bought attention to the die antwoord stuff at the beginning of the thread and have repeatedly said slowthai's actions were wrong, you keep skipping over huge chunks of context in articles and in other poster and myselfs replies. I do not defend slowthais actions, they will never be right. I don't however think they are unforgivable. I don't think no one is capable of change. - I don't think an apology on it's own is enough to excuse behaviour but i do think a since apology and forgiveness from the other person in the situation as well as no indication that this behaviour has continued outside of the nme awards. 

yeah I admit I didn't see the quote about the "self-destruct" when you made the point earlier but you only just offered the background and quote just now, I read the article and there is more context to the quotes you pulled, the article doesn't paint a black and white picture of him covering for him just for his career, she was concerned because their was more context to the event than articles were making it out as. - Yes she is not the only one who gets to decide whether slowthai's actions were forgivable and this whole time I've been wanting to learn and listen and hear more from you, i've tried to be fair and hear you out. 

Every single time you try and attack my character, because I am willing to give someone a second chance in this scenario, because of the the person's track record and because his sincere regret and he hasn't tried to sweep it under the rug, he has been open about it since. - 

I am not someone who takes stuff like this lightly. I don't think i've come across that way on here? Happy to be called out for when I get it wrong, which I did with the "self destruct" comments,

Also I don't think we should nuke the thread, the festival invited this criticism and it's an important topic to keep up. Could change the name and make a new ALT LDN thread or something however

3 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

First off, the fact you keep repeatedly trying to suggest I am in anyway in favour of abuse or misogyny is wild. I was the one who bought attention to the die antwoord stuff at the beginning of the thread and have repeatedly said slowthai's actions were wrong, you keep skipping over huge chunks of context in articles and in other poster and myselfs replies. I do not defend slowthais actions, they will never be right. I don't however think they are unforgivable. I don't think no one is capable of change. - I don't think an apology on it's own is enough to excuse behaviour but i do think a since apology and forgiveness from the other person in the situation as well as no indication that this behaviour has continued outside of the nme awards. 

yeah I admit I didn't see the quote about the "self-destruct" when you made the point earlier but you only just offered the background and quote just now, I read the article and there is more context to the quotes you pulled, the article doesn't paint a black and white picture of him covering for him just for his career, she was concerned because their was more context to the event than articles were making it out as. - Yes she is not the only one who gets to decide whether slowthai's actions were forgivable and this whole time I've been wanting to learn and listen and hear more from you, i've tried to be fair and hear you out. 

Every single time you try and attack my character, because I am willing to give someone a second chance in this scenario, because of the the person's track record and because his sincere regret and he hasn't tried to sweep it under the rug, he has been open about it since. - 

I am not someone who takes stuff like this lightly. I don't think i've come across that way on here? Happy to be called out for when I get it wrong, which I did with the "self destruct" comments,

Also I don't think we should nuke the thread, the festival invited this criticism and it's an important topic to keep up. Could change the name and make a new ALT LDN thread or something however

We are going round in circles as someone has just suggested. 

If you feel like I've attacked you I apologise. I'm just not into this soft approach with these type people. 

I will continue to believe slowthai is a scumbag who's true colours came out that night. Maybe he has learned from them mistakes, maybe he was more concerned about his career. 

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

They should nuke the event 😆 merge the hip-hop with Wireless and the heavier stuff with Reading

29 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

We are going round in circles as someone has just suggested. 

If you feel like I've attacked you I apologise. I'm just not into this soft approach with these type people. 

I will continue to believe slowthai is a scumbag who's true colours came out that night. Maybe he has learned from them mistakes, maybe he was more concerned about his career. 

I appreciate the apology, I apology it got heated and if I came across to be minimalizing abuse in anyway. - I just don't think we can know for sure what the motives of the act, the apology and the statement from Katherine was, deffo good to keep an eye on slowthai and make sure this isn't his true personality coming out, like i said it would be at odds with everything else ive seen from slowthai but that hasn't stopped abusers in the past. I truly think some good can come from conversations like this. - 

22 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Dunno, not taken that much interest in them, getting too old for them. Maybe someone should make a list? 

I've seen some pretty comprehensive lists on twitter, there's a lot of abuse in the entertainment industry, it sucks that it is swept under the rug because there are tons of people more worth out there, willing to get into the music industry. 

It's the same in film and recently a lot of similar shit has been uncovered in youtube spheres. 
But anyway sorry again if it got heated.

19 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I appreciate the apology, I apology it got heated and if I came across to be minimalizing abuse in anyway. - I just don't think we can know for sure what the motives of the act, the apology and the statement from Katherine was, deffo good to keep an eye on slowthai and make sure this isn't his true personality coming out, like i said it would be at odds with everything else ive seen from slowthai but that hasn't stopped abusers in the past. I truly think some good can come from conversations like this. - 

I've seen some pretty comprehensive lists on twitter, there's a lot of abuse in the entertainment industry, it sucks that it is swept under the rug because there are tons of people more worth out there, willing to get into the music industry. 

It's the same in film and recently a lot of similar shit has been uncovered in youtube spheres. 
But anyway sorry again if it got heated.

I don't mind a heated debate, I generally head over to the Glastonbury thread for that! 😆 

Luckily a lot of industries are shining a light on the abuse and unacceptable behaviour now. Attitudes are changing and growing more intolerant to this sort of thing, still someway to go. I understand it can be a complicated issue though.

The first hurdle the music industry probably needs to cross is more women on line ups, but not just to make up the numbers for the sake of it. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Sorry pal. Stop taking notice after this years shower was announced.

Have you ever thought about starting a new profile or asking for a reset on your feedback? You sometimes become a target for negative responses, not so much on this thread but seen it on others. 

17 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I wonder if they'll get a replacement in for that spot or they might bump MGK up? Could see them maybe add someone like Yungblud or Nothing But Thieves.

That will probably depend how ticket sales go, if they are strong enough, doubt they'll spend more money. 

I guess they may have paid off DA with the "mutual agreement" 

Edited by JBarbour

35 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Have you ever thought about starting a new profile or asking for a reset on your feedback? You sometimes become a target for negative responses, not so much on this thread but seen it on others. 

Not really mate as it doesn't bother me directly. Anytime I get involved in debates with certain artists then me having a different views always results in down votes. Anytime conversations on drug use start the same happens as I'm not allowed a different opinion on drugs and pills use to others. And the person who owns and runs these boards is a user himself so. I have my opinions on the use of drugs and I won't be forced into a different opinion. A few down votes will not change my opinion on that. This forum isn't going to get me a step up in life etc so.

Oh I always become a target for negative responses. If I say the same as someone else I'll get a negative rep for it from the same people every time.

If I don't say what they want to hear the same will happen and that's annoying but it's not worth losing sleep for.

If I have a realistic view or just an opposite opinion of another then I'm called a troll. But it's others that point out my negative rep etc, I'm not like oh come on my rep is bad enough as it is! It's people in here that put it like that at the end of the day. Maybe some past overly passionate comments but whatever.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh I always become a target for negative responses. If I say the same as someone else I'll get a negative rep for it from the same people every time.

Ive notice that happen to your profile, if you say something similar or the same as someone else you get more negative responses. Thought having a reset or get a new profile might make you less of a target even if you say things that aren't the general opinion of the rest of the discussion. 

There are a few cliques on these forums, happens more on the Glastonbury section. Not sure why up and down voting is needed on these forums, like it's some sort of popularity contest. Like being back at school 😅 

Edited by JBarbour

5 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Ive notice that happen to your profile, if you say something similar or the same as someone else you get more negative responses. Thought having a reset or get a new profile might make you less of a target even if you say things that aren't the general opinion of the rest of the discussion. 

There are a few cliques on these forums, happens more on the Glastonbury section. Not sure why up and down voting is needed on these forums, like it's some sort of popularity contest. Like being back at school 😅 

Yes. That's why a new profile wouldn't matter. At one point it actually turned borderline bullying and online abuse on here and people have heavy but blah blah and all that.

There are many cliques. I won't say I've been innocent as I haven't but a forum is a board of views and options. Except you aren't allowed them unless you support Radio 6 Music on the whole or Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West are your crowning glory.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes. That's why a new profile wouldn't matter. At one point it actually turned borderline bullying and online abuse on here and people have heavy but blah blah and all that.

There are many cliques. I won't say I've been innocent as I haven't but a forum is a board of views and options. Except you aren't allowed them unless you support Radio 6 Music on the whole or Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West are your crowning glory.

Kung Fu Kenny is amazing though 🤔😁

Edited by JBarbour

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Everyone loves a pantomime villain. To be honest he is efests big cuddly bear.

9 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I thought the pantomime villain was old Barry on the Glastonbury forums? 😄

Very rare I go into the Glastonbury forum, my last one was 2008. Although I know who you mean by the Wibble threads.