Hurt/Heal Ultimate Other Headliners

mcshed

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

The disparity was as wide as 410 to 190 five days ago! Can't beat Hurt/Heal for neck 'n neck drama.

(@mcshed: even more keen on a John Peel x West Holts x Park triple header next, if you've got the time to sort it)

It had been going on for ages, with seemingly nothing happening, so I stopped voting.  In the last five days, I've been back, and it looks like I'm not the only one. 

29 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

The disparity was as wide as 410 to 190 five days ago! Can't beat Hurt/Heal for neck 'n neck drama.

(@mcshed: even more keen on a John Peel x West Holts x Park triple header next, if you've got the time to sort it)

I've already had a look, I just need to double check a couple of things but it shouldn't be too much hassle.

My one caveat is that this will be a terrible idea, there will be twice as many points to get rid of when compared with this one and I reckon that makes for more than double the time as whilst some people enjoy eliminating the chaff there are others who will spend those months building the likes of Hot Chip and The National into huge scores when it gets into the top ten, everyone will be on big scores and people will drift away. I don't mind setting it up but it is going to go on longer than most people's interest levels.

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah it all definitely went stale last week. The thread even fell off page 1 for a while. I can't deny wondering if it was stuck a permanent quagmire.

Goes to show though: can never wind up the game just because someone's in the lead. Game's more twisty and turny than that.

Don’t remember it falling off page1 …. ? As I’ve voted daily ?There’s always movement … as people figure out which way trends are going …. Although a negative only day was asked for … persistence is a key to this game … 

15 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I've already had a look, I just need to double check a couple of things but it shouldn't be too much hassle.

My one caveat is that this will be a terrible idea, there will be twice as many points to get rid of when compared with this one and I reckon that makes for more than double the time as whilst some people enjoy eliminating the chaff there are others who will spend those months building the likes of Hot Chip and The National into huge scores when it gets into the top ten, everyone will be on big scores and people will drift away. I don't mind setting it up but it is going to go on longer than most people's interest levels.

Maybe restrict it to 20 acts.  Get people to vote on which 20 they want on the list.  Oh, wait......

33 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

It definitely fell off page 1, I had to go looking for it to log my daily vote! Maybe as the Latitude/Wolf Alice/Chems/Future of Fests clamour ramped up last week.

Fair points. Even though there were only about 200 people watching that National set, they will inevitably roar ahead early.

I'm still up for it, primarily through intrigue. We've had very little representation of funk, R&B, hip-hop, folk, electro and otherwise left-of-the-dial sounds via the Pyramid and Other games — for understandable reasons — so it will be nice to throw them all together in a blender.

I can gladly take over if you get bored after a while.

To be honest the idea of it going on so long that there are only about 5 people voting amuses me greatly as those voters will ensure it comes back into the front page every day. I just want to make it clear from the beginning that it is a silly idea that is likely to bore most people and I am aware of that fact, so in a couple of months when people start saying it is going on too long it is perfectly clear that it has been designed to do so, it doesn't need minus only days it needs bloody minded persistence and time.

• Like 1