Hellfest 2022

DeepFritz

Honestly, I understand it like they're not happy about the leak and so means it's true. Of course, they don't confirm the poster (or deny) but when you say: "We won't speak about it but you need to know that behind an announcement, there's the work for an entire team, thanks for those whotespect this and have some patience...". It makes it very clear.

By the way, we don't have speak about it yet but I guess we could have the full tour announcement of Metallica on Wednesday 6pm, time Hellfest make their announcement. 

And I didn't notice Avenged Sevenfold replace System Of A Down... First European festival confirmed in 2022 for MetallicaAvenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch NailsWhitesnake... 

• Upvote 1

People are like "Waouh" because there are 7 days, more than 350 bands. But the best metal festival ever?! I don't think so. The Main Stages are indeed not so incredible, especially on the second weekend where you see Metallica and Guns N Roses took lot of the budget. Maybe Nine Inch Nails too. Bands like AirbourneBlack Label Society or Ministry sub on the Main Stage 1?! Warduna headliner of Main Stage 2?! Honestly, not really interested in going there. And I'm not the only one. But there are so much hype around Hellfest with tickets selling so fast. It's like the Wacken 10 years ago... And Graspop won't compete this. They can't have Metallica because of Werchter. They already had Guns N Roses in 2018 with a 4-days edition (before Hellfest do it). The line-up of Graspop 2022 will look a lot like the line-up announced for 2020-2021, which is comparable of the first weekend of Hellfest. And about the first weekend, Deftones as headliner is a bit cheap.

34 minutes ago, Archi said:

People are like "Waouh" because there are 7 days, more than 350 bands. But the best metal festival ever?! I don't think so. The Main Stages are indeed not so incredible, especially on the second weekend where you see Metallica and Guns N Roses took lot of the budget. Maybe Nine Inch Nails too. Bands like AirbourneBlack Label Society or Ministry sub on the Main Stage 1?! Warduna headliner of Main Stage 2?! Honestly, not really interested in going there. And I'm not the only one. But there are so much hype around Hellfest with tickets selling so fast. It's like the Wacken 10 years ago... And Graspop won't compete this. They can't have Metallica because of Werchter. They already had Guns N Roses in 2018 with a 4-days edition (before Hellfest do it). The line-up of Graspop 2022 will look a lot like the line-up announced for 2020-2021, which is comparable of the first weekend of Hellfest. And about the first weekend, Deftones as headliner is a bit cheap.

So because there are some smaller subheadliners under huge headliners you won't go?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Archi said:

Can't say I agree...
For example: I'm very into metal and this festival definitely doesn't do it for me. Dead bands (for me at least) like Guns, Scorpions, Judas, Whitesnake, Alice Cooper etc. etc. etc. throw me off completely.
On the other hand Deftones finally get the recognition and the well deserved headline spot. The NIN booking is right on the money... and if it's actually Europe exclusive, this would be very big deal and I'll buy the day ticket.
What I want to say is that as a collection of Rock/Metal acts, this line up has something for everyone. I'm 35 and haven't seen such a ting. Definitely the biggest and probably one of the most important rock event in ages.

Edited by r55N

16 minutes ago, Archi said:

No. Not going there because I'm not interested enough in this line-up 😉

I gonna see Metallica in another festival.

What would be a good lineup for you then? Cause this one has literally everything 😄 I don't like main stages that much either but I can't imagine I'll find any empty slot during those 7 days (if I somehow manage to get 2 tickets for 2 weekends)

The weakest day for me is the first day of the 2nd weekend and stuff I'd like to see there: Turnstile, Of Mice & Men, Dragged Under, Heilung, Zeal and Ardor, Hangman's Chair, Septicflesh, Insomnium, Tribulation and that's a lot of bands

Edited by Nicklord

Does anyone heard something about Puscifer?
They were in the Hellfest leak, but not in the final announcement. Still this day indicated (+1 band)...
Novarock and Mad Cool also didn't announce them. Probably Maynard has other plans for next year (insert sad face here).

2 hours ago, Archi said:

No. Not going there because I'm not interested enough in this line-up 😉

I gonna see Metallica in another festival.

"not interested enough" lol I don't know what it would take to make you want to come then 😂

the strenght of HellFest have always been in his undercard, with great Altar, Temple and Valley. Don't compare HellFest with NovaRock, RockAmRing or Download, it is more an extreme music fest' than a rock one (for example, you will never ever see bands like Muse or Biffy Clyro there)

59 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

"not interested enough" lol I don't know what it would take to make you want to come then 😂

the strenght of HellFest have always been in his undercard, with great Altar, Temple and Valley. Don't compare HellFest with NovaRock, RockAmRing or Download, it is more an extreme music fest' than a rock one (for example, you will never ever see bands like Muse or Biffy Clyro there)

But Linkin Park was at Hellfest (and got bottled 😛

2 hours ago, r55N said:

Does anyone heard something about Puscifer?
They were in the Hellfest leak, but not in the final announcement. Still this day indicated (+1 band)...
Novarock and Mad Cool also didn't announce them. Probably Maynard has other plans for next year (insert sad face here).

Same with Mudvayne. Were on the leak, disappeared from the official announcement. 

7 hours ago, Archi said:

Hellfest always has weird billing. Yes, some bands look too high, but plenty of others look too low. Deftones are a small headliner, but they've also got Judas Priest and Deep Purple headlining Main Stage 2 when they have both been main headliners in recent years. You've got Offspring playing third down on main when they headlined second a few years back. Helloween would make a perfectly fine main 2 headliner, Wardruna were probably placed above them because it's an interesting band to end on. Kind of like how Coachella would sometimes put electronic / dance acts after the headliners. Switch Bring Me the Horizon and Black Label Society and the subs make way more sense.

But it's not all about sheer size of bands anyway. Ministry might not be the biggest band they could have sub, but a stage of Killing Joke -> Skinny Puppy -> Ministry -> Nine Inch Nails is pretty incredible. And in my opinion, the main stages are usually the least interesting part of Hellfest anyway.

• Upvote 1

It's an awesome line up and I've bumped into the odd person in the past who say good things about the fest so I want go for either the NIN or Metallica day (although it's more for Monster Magnet and Sabaton on that day) and then spend a few extra days with the missus in France.

Anyone know any hotels nearby? All the ones I've spotted are about 10+ miles away.

Also if anyone is going to the A7X day check out Moscow Death Brigade earler on in the day, they are just crazy fun live!