10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What's a code go to do with it?

So what when you run out of money and have to go queue to top up when you're right the other end buying food? Stupid! Just accept cards and it's so much easier. Toilets have improved massively but the setup of the site now is crap.

You could link it to your ticket with the code on it and top up before you got there 

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What's a code go to do with it?

So what when you run out of money and have to go queue to top up when you're right the other end buying food? Stupid! Just accept cards and it's so much easier. Toilets have improved massively but the setup of the site now is crap.

Auto top up ftw

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah just much easier using google or apple pay. 

Don't want all this app bullshit to pay for a festival. That's what I've got the google pay app in general for.

Fair enough, took less than 5 mins to setup before the festival then you didn't have to worry about it and then you can claim any money back from tomorrow 

Each to their own but I don't see the issue with it especially with the signal issues at the site that used to cause havoc with normal card machines

Edited by mr_monkey
  • Thanks 1

First time trees goer here, what a festival! Everyone was so nice and the site is so easy to navigate, the cashless system is so streamline and the likes of IDLES & Bob Vylan blew my mind. The silent disco having 4 channels was excellent, I went every night 11-3 and was hearing new songs (bar the generic MCR etc) near enough every time. Bar some not very nice calamari it was an incredible festival and I’ll defo be back next year!

Had a great time in general, but had non-stop issues with the payment. The account didn't link, so had to get that fixed. Then the auto top up got turned off by merging accounts, so had to go to a bar to use wi-fi, then when the auto top up was on it frequently didn't actually top up. Twice had to go back to places to pay for food they'd given me. Anything costing over £20 causes issues because even if auto top up is working, it needs to go below £20 to trigger. Got chatting to a guy in a queue one morning, who was working on the payment system. Apparently he had had to spend all evening working because they kept having issues, so missed everything.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

You've literally just said how it's a dead site signal wise...

You don't need a good signal to use mobile pay. You need NFC turned on and that's it.

I used it at Download all day and Slam Dunk and no one can tell me you get good reception at the latter especially.

No cashless issues here. Set up Auto-top up, worked perfectly all weekend. So much faster and easier than waiting for people in front of you in queues to find their cards, get their google pay app ready or count out their cash. 

Still think they have some organisational issues (not enough toilets, removing toilets on the last day before people have gone home, not enough food stands open in the evening, running out of alcohol and cups before the event finishes) but otherwise it's just a brilliant event. Great crowd, really relaxed vibe and you can see so much music each day if you want to.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, atomised said:

better or worse. i thought it was ok but didnt really get around the site much 

Worse. Felt the extra capacity was super noticeable and as such there was a lot more behaviour that wouldn't have happened in previous years. People acting badly around the kids activities & reports of anti social behaviour in family camping.

Stuff you'd expect at other fests but has never been an issue at Trees before. 

Just an evolution though, as the fest gets bigger things change.

Had a great time this year as always and I didn't experience any major issues myself. Only complaint I really have is the sound mixing at most of the stages wasn't great.

I do know that stewards turnout was really really low this year. I think they had like 70 people volunteer (which is still low) but only around 30 showed up and split over 4 shift patterns there's gonna be problems and know it caused a lot of the family issues. In the past there would be stewards stationed at the family camping directing away usual festival goers at the start of the festivals but with the limited amount of stewards they would have all been put on wristbanding. When I did it there were like 20-30 people on a shift pattern each and the festival has grown so much since then so it just couldn't manage to do certain things and be as efficient as it normally would.

Edited by justanothername

1 hour ago, theramm said:

Worse. Felt the extra capacity was super noticeable and as such there was a lot more behaviour that wouldn't have happened in previous years. People acting badly around the kids activities & reports of anti social behaviour in family camping.

Stuff you'd expect at other fests but has never been an issue at Trees before. 

Just an evolution though, as the fest gets bigger things change.

Last time I went was in 2016 and personally I don't think it's got better. Really limited good food options around the main stage too. The biggest bonus is that it's the only real smaller festival you can take your alcohol into and get away with sleeping it off before just rolling out middle of the night in the car.

2000trees first timer here;

must say overall I really enjoyed my weekend. I’ve been many different festivals and they all have their pros and cons as does this one.  Reading previous comments I can only judge it on this one and not compare it with previous years.

Enjoyed the set up , camp was literally onto of the arena and was easy to go between main stage and woodlands (furthest apart stages), barely 3 or 4 minutes walk I suppose. 
Obviously where there was 2 stages next to each other , only one was active at a time, this was fair enough but sometimes there were too many people and you couldn’t really ‘get in’ if you were a bit late , ie Bob Vylan  ,clearly that stage was too small for them. But even with some early afternoon bands that was the case too, lizzy Farrell for example. So yes, maybe a tiny trim on attendance?

Personally, I  enjoyed the vibe and people in attendance, everyone seemed to behave and was respectful and helped keep the place clean and tidy. I didn’t encounter any festival nob heads and everyone I met was pleasant . 

I was in camper van section and there was only 4 loos but somehow barring peak 8 to 9 am busting for loo time there was barely a queue . In the arena area , although there wasn’t really that many toilets I didn’t encounter much trouble  getting  to them. Can’t speak for ladies though.

food and drink was decent enough for festival, although queues were a bit long morning to lunch time at many places, some seemed to not be open until later on. Vendors themselves all seemed friendly and helpful.

was fine with how  cashless work. Needed to use top up once and although queue was long it went down fast .

Overall  I had a great time . To be honest the music wasn’t really my scene (a bit too heavy for me, prefer more chilled, psychedelic rock, rather than heavy screaming) and wouldn’t count any bands as personal favourites , but despite that it speaks volumes how much I enjoyed it in general regardless.

didn’t think I’d ever like silent disco but what a laugh that is.

woods stage is great

favourite bands, non of who I’d ever seen before and based purely on person experience at the festival

#1 calva Louise

#2 royal republic

#3 panic shack

#4 puppy

#5 slothrust 

Overall I would definitely come back (3hr drive for me) if there was more bands I was into, that said I’ll probably come back as I found it such a cool festival! 

Oh hope the dude that got his nose bust open in the anti flag pit recovered well to enjoy the rest of the weekend !

On 7/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'd imagine the easy explanation for the extra knobheads around was the band that attracted them being the shite that closed the festival. I can never take anyone seriously to tell me Idles are any good after hearing that sack of shite.

I think the increase in shitty people acting shittilly was the Download Pilot. Spoke to loads of peeps who'd never been before but came wanting something cheaper where you could bring your own booze.

2 hours ago, theramm said:

I think the increase in shitty people acting shittilly was the Download Pilot. Spoke to loads of peeps who'd never been before but came wanting something cheaper where you could bring your own booze.

That's why I chose it. If Trees was to my liking more so and not so far away I'd choose it over Download 100%. I much prefer the smaller festivals now. I've done the huge one's for the best part of 16/17 years.

Download is also crazy expensive for food, like easily the worst I've seen. The best pizza I've had at a festival was a back 2. Pepperoni 9" for £10 max.