Pretty confident that the secret set is gonna be Heck now. Haggard Cat have shared something about a made up band doing a reunion show on the 4th of July. The poster features a NPAG logo and the event description mentions this band was "good as dead".

https://twitter.com/Knucklesofice?t=ZAzEV2nlYcQy_M-Ml1_cFQ&s=09

Timing all works perfectly for Trees.

Edited by justanothername

On 6/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yeah it's them. Weird choice I'd say because plenty of people will turn away when they have no clue who they are. Should have just announced the reunion. 

Tbf the knuckles of ice stuff is pretty good and they got the riot act podcast in on it as well which made me chuckle 

49 minutes ago, mr_monkey said:

Tbf the knuckles of ice stuff is pretty good and they got the riot act podcast in on it as well which made me chuckle 

Oh yeah I'm not saying they aren't food, just that they'd probably be a bit heavy for anyone expecting Hundred Reasons, Xcerts, Lenman etc. And they weren't exactly well known, and definitely aren't recognisable to look at 

51 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Ithaca have pulled out due to visa issues 

The Regrettes have pulled out due to covid

The Xcerts have started changing their social media pics at a convenient time...

Ithaca was one of 2 bands I was excited to see on the Thursday so that is a blow for me.

Also Heck setlist last night mentions it's a 2000trees warm up. No idea if that was mentioned at all last night by Heck but I feel like it's 99% guaranteed to be them for the secret set.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/heck/2022/the-fighting-cocks-kingston-upon-thames-england-3b5211f.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

Ithaca was one of 2 bands I was excited to see on the Thursday so that is a blow for me.

Also Heck setlist last night mentions it's a 2000trees warm up. No idea if that was mentioned at all last night by Heck but I feel like it's 99% guaranteed to be them for the secret set.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/heck/2022/the-fighting-cocks-kingston-upon-thames-england-3b5211f.html

It's confirmed!

orca-image--2106947094.jpeg

So just got back from trees and have to say the changes from when I went previously aren't for the good.

The cashless system they've put im place is really bad. Given that I'd be unlikely to attend again.

If they did get AFI back next year I'd definitely go to shows elsewhere if they did similar do JEW.

On 7/8/2022 at 4:36 AM, thewayiam said:

So just got back from trees and have to say the changes from when I went previously aren't for the good.

The cashless system they've put im place is really bad. Given that I'd be unlikely to attend again.

If they did get AFI back next year I'd definitely go to shows elsewhere if they did similar do JEW.

The cashless system isn't new, and works perfectly fine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

The cashless system isn't new, and works perfectly fine

I've not been for a few years.

Personally it's poor. Queueing up to top up your card tag and losing money if you don't spend it all.

If it's perfectly fine, why was there a bigger queue at the cashless issues point on the first day than at the topup point at one point?

Edited by thewayiam

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I've not been for a few years.

Personally it's poor. Queueing up to top up your card tag and losing money if you don't spend it all.

If it's perfectly fine, why was there a bigger queue at the cashless issues point on the first day than at the topup point at one point?

You can get your remaining money back and the queue for issues was because didn't fucking listen to what they needed to do, I had two in my group who didn't. No sympathy if you think an 8 digit code is 23 digits long like the one they told you to use.

28 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

You can get your remaining money back and the queue for issues was because didn't fucking listen to what they needed to do, I had two in my group who didn't. No sympathy if you think an 8 digit code is 23 digits long like the one they told you to use.

What's a code go to do with it?

So what when you run out of money and have to go queue to top up when you're right the other end buying food? Stupid! Just accept cards and it's so much easier. Toilets have improved massively but the setup of the site now is crap.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What's a code go to do with it?

So what when you run out of money and have to go queue to top up when you're right the other end buying food? Stupid! Just accept cards and it's so much easier. Toilets have improved massively but the setup of the site now is crap.

Could always use the site wi fi which was very good around the bars and top up on your online account. Worked like a dream 

55 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Wasn't all to do with the codes. I had issues that related to getting bar funds added. It was sorted quickly on Wednesday with no queue though