16 hours ago, justanothername said:

This is the case for most festivals in Europe that take place over the same weekend: NOS Alive, Bilbao BBK and Ruisrock. The only 2 festivals I've found that have artists playing on the Sunday are TRNSMT and Mad Cool who are doing the Sunday for the first time ever it seems. No idea why this appears to be the industry standard for this weekend and only this weekend. The only guess I could come up with is that whenever the world cup or euros are on the final typically falls on that Sunday with Qatar making it an exception for this year.

Also the Thursday in Trees used to be far smaller. Music was only on two stages and comedy on another. It also started much later like at around 4pm. As the festival started to grow it just made more sense for them to slowly expand the Thursday by adding more of the stages and having it start earlier until it slowly became equal to Friday and Saturday rather than do a new day on the Sunday.

Interesting, maybe it is to do with the football historically and they stuck with it. Think I'll have to wait until I leave teaching to go then 🤣

Clashfinder is out tomorrow.

Crossfaith, Worriers,New Pagans, Hundredth and Bastions have pulled out. They mention that they've booked Killer replacements but don't say whether they've announced them yet or not. I'd imagine none of the bands announced last week would have replaced Crossfaith at least, as they had a big slot 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Crossfaith, Worriers,New Pagans, Hundredth and Bastions have pulled out. They mention that they've booked Killer replacements but don't say whether they've announced them yet or not. I'd imagine none of the bands announced last week would have replaced Crossfaith at least, as they had a big slot 

I was about to post that. If Crossfaith are the only big drop out that's good going and potentially gets rid of one of my clashes 

9 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Shame to see worriers go for me, always liked them. Let's see what they've got lined up for replacements in general, if any ..

23 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Touche Amore are in Europe at the start of the week but I feel like I'm clutching at straws there.

That .pdf doesnt work so here just a screenshot of it

2084647140_Screenshot_20220526-114946_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.2d00d21ee5f2f73d4a720e4639b5ac80.jpg

Other days are blurred out but it seems that for all days Main and Cave clash as do Neu and Axiom. You could guess about who is clashing for the rest of the week off that and the stage orders we were given

EDIT: they uploaded a better photo on FB

img_1_1653562947674.thumb.jpg.6ba4a6a6ee8ae74fb742f8d34887c050.jpg

Edited by justanothername

that Vukovi / PUP clash is the worst, but other than that I'm pretty set for Friday, if the Secret Set is someone naff I'll just nip over to see ME REX instead and I'll miss a lil bit of Turnstile because of Strange Bones 

Only Fri clash for me is Boston Manor and LJG. Can't decide who to see as seen BM 5 times already and never seen LJG, but LJG is playing a Forest set on Sat too. 

Also, I've updated the Clashfinder for Thurs and Fri for the main music stages, but not the Word stage yet.

Looking at the Highlight stats, JEW is the most highlighted with 70% highlighting them (not incl me, not a fan of them live). Rest of the top 10 is: Turnstile, DPU, Idles, Thrice, Creeper, Pup, Knocked Loose, LJG and Lonely the Brave.

6 minutes ago, itskinglizard said:

Saturday is pretty decent for me, only major clash is The Chats / Twin Atlantic but I will probably pick The Chats bc TA is acoustic, and gotta pick between REWS and JOHN, leaning towards REWS atm

Same for me, but will probably do half and half. Does anyone know if the Forest has a capacity? Imagine it will be packed for TA. Also, Lizzy Farrell v Hotel Lux is tough for me so I'll let the gf decide