29 minutes ago, jump said:

You can still get Creeper tixs for their London show. 

Upper balcony tickets to a show like Creeper 2.5 hours drive away from the Cheltenham site isn't going to make any difference right now. They let Download Festival announce, 100k ticket site while they had a lot available. I think we are clutching here.

• 2 months later...

OK.  Come on" This is Trees.  Let's get this show back on the road.  It's not October anymore.

What's the latest we know?

Looking back at 2019 I think we had 101 bands (excluding Forest), 8 or 9 on each of the four stages on each of the three days (Thur-Sat).  

Looking at the website (I know it's not perfect!) I think I can see 85 bands allocated to these four stages for the three days of 2022.   So does that mean that we're having less bands or, fingers crossed, there's another announcement or two to come?

Surely there's room for Creeper and The Menzingers?!  And for goodness sake, where are Skinny Lister?

Any thoughts, rumours, gossip or just downright "would love it if they added"....

Edited by Ecuador Dave
typo

There's lots more bands to announce, and a few big slots left. It's only one doom and gloom merchant who needs to make sure every penny he spends is well catered for or he writes it off as shit, don't worry.

Personally trees is the kinda festival I'd go to even if I only wanted to see a couple of bands. It's the best weekend of the year every year hands down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Mr Deluxe - I wasn't really worried but nice to have some confirmation!

We love Trees and go every year - always something new to discover!  What really surprises me when comparing Trees to other festivals attended is that, as far as I can see, its only ever sold out once.

To me, the line-ups are as good if not better than similar / bigger festivals yet the tickets don't shift.  Good for the vibe maybe but not so good for the festival's bank account and ultimately its future.

Hope that doesn't make it two doom and gloom merchants now!

2 hours ago, Ecuador Dave said:

Thanks Mr Deluxe - I wasn't really worried but nice to have some confirmation!

We love Trees and go every year - always something new to discover!  What really surprises me when comparing Trees to other festivals attended is that, as far as I can see, its only ever sold out once.

To me, the line-ups are as good if not better than similar / bigger festivals yet the tickets don't shift.  Good for the vibe maybe but not so good for the festival's bank account and ultimately its future.

Hope that doesn't make it two doom and gloom merchants now!

I think its sold over 10,000 tickets a couple of times when that was the capacity, they just realised they could fit more in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Peguin said:

Still a couple of The Menzingers shaped holes there. Fingers crossed

They'd headline one of the tents so won't be the TBC's there so one of the sub spots on main stage would have to be them if they're playing.

I'm thinking Hundred Reasons might take one of the high TBC slots once the tour is done, or be the secret set.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:18 PM, Andrinald said:

I was surprised with all the Cave headliners to some extent, definitely seem a bit smaller than last few years but on the other hand, the Axiom headliners seem a bit bigger so it probably all balances out.

Yeah it seems as the two stages have sort of swapped.

It seems that they majority of acts left to be announced are playing in decent size spots, especially on the mainstage.