21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Too big, they are doing an arena tour this year. The biggest act you will get are an academy band capable of playing 4th down at a major festival.

You could be right. I saw them headline a similar sized festival in Germany a couple of years ago. They were pretty good so would be nice to see them at Trees.

I live in hope!

48 minutes ago, Ecuador Dave said:

You could be right. I saw them headline a similar sized festival in Germany a couple of years ago. They were pretty good so would be nice to see them at Trees.

I live in hope!

JEW and The Offspring would be ace but I get the feeling at the minute that The Offspring won't even accept a Slam Dunk headline spot as it's perfect for them to do it. But then they are still bigger than Sum 41. They certainly have a bigger following than Don Broco based on the usual Slam Dunk bands.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You would have thought they would be trying to aim a bit higher than this.

Nah, they seem to want to do the opposite and are choosing to play as much as possible even if it's a bunch of the shit hole venues and smaller fests when they could have gotten a cushy high exclusive position at R&L or play arenas instead.

Kudos to them for having that hunger and wanting to play as much as possible!

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

I would be happy with Idles. I know everyone here is gutted about AFI but I think this is a far better booking. JEW, Thrice and AFI just felt too samey imo. Also stocked about Pup and Chubby and the Gang.

There is the other side of the coin though of a crossover between JEW  Thrice and Idles. I'm a big JEW fan but it would certainly be a day ticket for me unless second stages got a decent headliner I wanted to see and undercard.