Album of the Month Tournament - April 2021

blutarsky

34 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I assume not but just making sure, Taylor's re-release of Fearless isn't allowed is it?

No - only albums which are entirely new and released for the first time in the calendar month are eligible. 

Can’t believe Royal Blood are gonna win this. What the hell, guys?

Anyway:

1. Cory Hanson - Pale Horse Rider

2. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - God’s Pee

3. Gojira - Fortitude

Not been as on the ball with new releases as I’d like to be so probably some stuff I’ve forgotten and some stuff I never got round to, but those albums have stuck out.

Edited by FloorFiller

On 5/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, blutarsky said:

No - only albums which are entirely new and released for the first time in the calendar month are eligible. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

2. Red Rum Club - The Hollow Sessions

Is that allowed under the rules? It's not entirely new?? 

35 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Someone has also voted for Roisin Murphy's album, which is a remix of her previous album

Didn't notice that one but again is it allowed. I personally don't object in fact I might vote for some of them but with the entirely new comment I didn't think we could. 

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Didn't notice that one but again is it allowed. I personally don't object in fact I might vote for some of them but with the entirely new comment I didn't think we could. 

We ruled out an edited re-release from Haim last month or the month before, so I’d we’re being consistent they're a no go. 

Hmm, thought Crooked Machine may be alright as it's a fairly comprehensive reworking of Roisin Machine (different song titles/tracklist order as well as sound) as opposed to just a re-release.

All good if it's not allowed though, new ranking below;

1. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - God's Pee...

2. Manchester Orchestra - The Million Masks of God

3. London Grammar - Californian Soil

45 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

We ruled out an edited re-release from Haim last month or the month before, so I’d we’re being consistent they're a no go. 

I'd have to stand up for RRC on this basis. It's complete re-recordings of the songs rather than edits or mixes.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Is that allowed under the rules? It's not entirely new?? 

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd have to stand up for RRC on this basis. It's complete re-recordings of the songs rather than edits or mixes.

What he said. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

On that basis surely Taylor is back in as well as they are complete re-recordings as well. I wouldn't be voting for her regardless but whomever originally did want to should be allowed. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

On that basis surely Taylor is back in as well as they are complete re-recordings as well. I wouldn't be voting for her regardless but whomever originally did want to should be allowed. 

But she hasn't changed the arrangements, has she? Still exactly the same songs?

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

But she hasn't changed the arrangements, has she? Still exactly the same songs?

I've not listened to it but I've heard people comparing the 2 and saying it sounds different (most people seem to think better) It's not going to win anyway so I personally would allow it just for fairness.