blutarsky

Album of the Month - playlist by Rough Trade | Spotify

"April 29th, 1992
There was a riot on the streets
Tell me where were you?"

• Bicep's Isles was the January Album of the Month
  • Black Country New Road's For the First Time took the February crown
  • For Those I Love's self-titled debut album was March's victor
  • Who will win April Album of the Month - That's up to you lovely lot...

No apologies for the over the top, reality TV, opener which I ripped off from March host @anditmakesmesmile. Thanks also to previous hosts @dentalplan and @Quark for January and February.

Here is a reminder of the rules:

• Contest window: Any album released in April
  • Entry window: between the last 0:00 Friday of the month in question to 23:59 the first Thursday of the month following (this time that's April 30 - May 6).
  • The system: Choose any three albums released during the month in question in order of preference.  The best receives three points, second best two points and the third best one point. See example below:

1. Album A (3 POINTS)
    2. Album B (2 POINTS)
    3. Album C (1 POINT)

• Any entries that say "so many good records. Can't choose! So in no particular order..." indicate a complete lack of understanding of simple gamesmanship. Votes from those entries will, obviously, be completely ignored.
    • Everyone else, I will assume the order they are listed is the order of preference. Even if you number it 1. 2. 3. I will assume that is in order of favourite and not the points you are giving unless expressed otherwise.

Previous hosts have made reference to bribes here, but I think if you feel the need to try and influence the outcome of an album of the month vote on an online forum, frankly you've got issues. 

There are still 10 days until the voting window opens, BUT, let this serve as notice lest ye have not been paying attention to this month's releases... 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Quark said:

It's going to take something to change my mind from Dry Cleaning as this month's #1

Yeah, same. Although Dino Jr are gaining on them with every listen. Have you listened to that much? Kurt Vile producing has added a lighter touch to their trademark sound, to these ears it’s one of their best and most accessible albums.

16 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah, same. Although Dino Jr are gaining on them with every listen. Have you listened to that much? Kurt Vile producing has added a lighter touch to their trademark sound, to these ears it’s one of their best and most accessible albums.

Not yet, but it's on the list.

Its been a really high quality month of albums so far, and still a big Friday to come. Glasvegas personally well clear at the top at the moment for me but here are several albums that I'm looking forward to hearing later this week which might shake the list up a bit!