A blatant attempt at asking people to sign a petition.

Yoghurt on a Stick

If you look into this situation, I can guarantee that you will be alarmed - and not in a nice way. That'll put some off, maybe. Please don't be one of those. Have a peek at what's going on. If you get that far, I'd wager that you will sign;

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/582336?fbclid=IwAR3-1xeqa6chKrGAp3HQDpuexryOpvjYUgHRBaqwiVLfMEkSwo16AB1uNOg

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to 'put it out there', as I have no such skills in that department other than here, and an ability to 'share' on FB.

• Upvote 1

I watched a program on the bbc about this a few nights ago ... it’s shameful ... and even more shameful my MP Rebecca POW is an environment spokesman of some kind whilst driving a gas guzzling  4x4 and trying to claim improvements some distance into the future as acceptable 😞 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I watched a program on the bbc about this a few nights ago ... it’s shameful ... and even more shameful my MP Rebecca POW is an environment spokesman of some kind whilst driving a gas guzzling  4x4 and trying to claim improvements some distance into the future as acceptable 😞 

I caught a part of that documentary too. The information I heard was beyond mesmerising. I just could not believe what they were doing, and previously getting away with. This simply cannot be allowed to continue. it's mental.

So, did you sign?

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I caught a part of that documentary too. The information I heard was beyond mesmerising. I just could not believe what they were doing, and previously getting away with. This simply cannot be allowed to continue. it's mental.

So, did you sign?

absolutely 🙂 ... i failed to mention the crucial part

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

If you are at all concerned with water quality, I can recommend joining Surfers Against Sewage, they don't just campaign for cleaner seas/beaches, but also do a lot to bring water companies to account for stuff like this.

https://www.sas.org.uk

Thanks for that link. I will look into them.

4 minutes ago, waltere said:

Signed.

Although I did think this thread was going to be you having gone through with your plan from last week to start a petition to get @crazyfool1 Glasto tickets 😂

Signed

and as for the @crazyfool1petition I’d sign that, in fact if it’s one of those government petitions and you get a certain number of signatures it has to be brought up in parliament! 

1 hour ago, waltere said:

Signed.

Although I did think this thread was going to be you having gone through with your plan from last week to start a petition to get @crazyfool1 Glasto tickets 😂

I'm afraid that my plan for a @crazyfool1 petition didn't quite get off the ground. Unfortunately I haven't hit the right moment in time to get on with that. Hopefully it'll happen. Actually thinking about it, the last thing I did on it was to ask that crazy fool if he had any particular way he would like it to be worded. He was to get back to me. See that @crazyfool1? That's how you get out of a tight scrape when you're boxed into a corner. Just sing like a canary, grass everybody up, tell 'them' it wasn't you, whatever it takes. Have no shame! 

30 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm afraid that my plan for a @crazyfool1 petition didn't quite get off the ground. Unfortunately I haven't hit the right moment in time to get on with that. Hopefully it'll happen. Actually thinking about it, the last thing I did on it was to ask that crazy fool if he had any particular way he would like it to be worded. He was to get back to me. See that @crazyfool1? That's how you get out of a tight scrape when you're boxed into a corner. Just sing like a canary, grass everybody up, tell 'them' it wasn't you, whatever it takes. Have no shame! 

Seeing how you’d word it would be fascinating to me 🙂 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Seeing how you’d word it would be fascinating to me 🙂 

Touché.

Bravo. A most excellent passing of the buck. 

Damn, what do I do now!? 

Seriously though - I've just come back from 3 nights / 4 days away from my beloved wife, and also have a shed load of things to do before I have to go away from her again early on Monday morning ie. I'll simply have no time to get on it in the next few days, so will have to revisit it next week*

* - I'd like to build in the caveat here that there 'may' well be 'movement' on it in the next few days, just that I have to build in the proviso that there mightn't be also. I shall be having a smoke at some point either tonight or tomorrow night and may well get onto it at that point, while the creative juices are flowing. 

Note to self - Don't try to be clever with crazyfool1 ever again.

Note to crazyfool1 - See how kind I am? I mean, I could responded along the lines of 'Ditto. I asked you first', but didn't do that. 

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Touché.

Bravo. A most excellent passing of the buck. 

Damn, what do I do now!? 

Seriously though - I've just come back from 3 nights / 4 days away from my beloved wife, and also have a shed load of things to do before I have to go away from her again early on Monday morning ie. I'll simply have no time to get on it in the next few days, so will have to revisit it next week*

* - I'd like to build in the caveat here that there 'may' well be 'movement' on it in the next few days, just that I have to build in the proviso that there mightn't be also. I shall be having a smoke at some point either tonight or tomorrow night and may well get onto it at that point, while the creative juices are flowing. 

Note to self - Don't try to be clever with crazyfool1 ever again.

Note to crazyfool1 - See how kind I am? I mean, I could responded along the lines of 'Ditto. I asked you first', but didn't do that. 

No pressure yog it’s definately the thought that counts 🙂 ... I’ll be there somehow in the end I’m sure 🙂 

Signed but not really aware of how sewage should be processed and where it should go. Are there different levels of processing and water companies are cutting corners? Is there a well informed write up on this somewhere?

34 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Signed but not really aware of how sewage should be processed and where it should go. Are there different levels of processing and water companies are cutting corners? Is there a well informed write up on this somewhere?

This will tell you all you need to know;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000vk71/panorama-the-river-pollution-scandal

It's fucking mental. I can't think of another industry that is allowed to 'just get away' with this level of ecological negligence in this country. I'm not saying there aren't worse offenders, as i simply don't know if there are or not. However, finding this information out has, it would be fair to say, boiled my piss. 

I really am not the campaigning type. However, something has jumped out at me on this one. Hopefully I may be able to finally rid myself of my 'Procrastination Kid' shackles and actually get up off my arse and get involved. I guess that this thread is a small nudge in that direction.