Smells that transport you back

MrHew

Mud that's drying out.....seems to give off an aroma that's similar to festivals.

Sat round a couple of socially distanced chimneas/fire pits over the last week or so that reminds me of festivals.

Warm cider split down my jeans and trying to dry out (which I did the other day!)

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

They were muck spreading round here the other day and it smelt a little sulphur like. For a minute or so it took me back but it was pretty overwhelming instead of just a fleeting smell of it...

Having just run around the perimeter of Worthy, i can confirm it is ripe in the air. Not sure what they have spread but it sure clears the pipes.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Wood fired ovens.

Have a pizza oven and a smoker at home and use wood chips in both and the smell takes me back to early morning strolls through the markets wondering if its too early to go for a pint in the Avalon Inn. 

It's not

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Wood fired ovens.

Have a pizza oven and a smoker at home and use wood chips in both and the smell takes me back to early morning strolls through the markets wondering if its too early to go for a pint in the Avalon Inn. 

Wood fired, pizza oven, smells, really remind me of, the modern, Glastonbury.  Compared to Global Gathering, that always stank of barbecues.

It’s an obvious one, but the smell (and sound) of our tent, no matter where the camping holiday is, reminds me of Glasto.

The smell of bonfires reminds me of The Stone Circle. 

The smell of incense reminds me of The Greenfields. 

The smell in the car on the way home after a damp Glastonbury as all the camping gear and clothing  which was just shoved in the back seats begins to dry out. Usually start to notice it by the first services. Rancid by Southwaite! 

Much prefer the heady scent of weed and bonfires at the stone circle in the early hours!