World Cup of Efestivals (GOAT Edition)

Brazzers

Funniest moments I can recall are the fake betting slip saga a few years ago and also the time a poster claimed he’d been told by Bob Harris when the lineup was out (it could have been the headliners I can’t remember exactly)

If anyone can locate either of these things please do repost so we can all relive them.

I have a feeling both things may have even come from the same forum member?

35 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I feel like this photo from the football match needs a bit of explaining... are they shorts? I've never seen anything like them... surely they hampered his game.

Screenshot_20210414-170610_Chrome.jpg

I don't think Michael Eavis would class them as shorts, so they can't be shorts. He likes them less lengthy and much more tight fitting. Sexy little minx that he is!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

I feel like this photo from the football match needs a bit of explaining... are they shorts? I've never seen anything like them... surely they hampered his game.

Playing football on that grass whilst inebriated looks like a perfect storm for many a rolled ankle!

11 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Funniest moments I can recall are the fake betting slip saga a few years ago and also the time a poster claimed he’d been told by Bob Harris when the lineup was out (it could have been the headliners I can’t remember exactly)

If anyone can locate either of these things please do repost so we can all relive them.

I have a feeling both things may have even come from the same forum member?

Ah Baggy4roses or roses4baggy or someone! When he said he was betting like 2k or something silly cos he'd been told as dead certain that the roses were gonna headline!

That was one of my highlights. I really wanted to believe him, i think i even did for a bit! Until someone worked out the betting slip was photoshopped.

13 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

Is that guy wearing Sean Gregan's shorts?

(Not sure how many people outside of West Bromwich will get that reference...)

7 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Best efestivals user of all time - I've got a few. Years ago the lovely @William of Walworth used to frequent these boards, I miss @russycarps, Mr @eFestivals himself for giving us this space for over 2 decades, @Toilet Duckfor all the recent info. But I think it probably goes to @crazyfool1doesn't it?

😀 cheers just a love of the festival we all share 

On 4/14/2021 at 3:48 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

Best efestivals moment of all time - When we had the football match on the pyramid field on the Wed (or was it Thur) pre the festival erm in 2010 or was it 2011 (no idea) , Hobo Jones played at half time, cheerleaders, England vs the rest of the world and a load of spectators .... absolutely brilliant .... oh and anyone know how much was raised ? 

I just remember my wateraid t shirt, and remembering to pack my pom poms before going out for the day 🙂

Anyone got any pictures of memories from that day ?

The efestivals World Cup games were 2009 (Wednesday) and 2010 (Thursday).

2009 raised over £3000 and 2010 over £9000.

and England won both...easily 😄 

Best efestivals moment of all time - When we had the football matchabsolutely brilliant .... oh and anyone know how much was raised ? 

If I remember correctly it was something over £15k (for wateraid)

I just remember my wateraid t shirt, and remembering to pack my pom poms before going out for the day 🙂

Anyone got any pictures of memories from that day ?

There's a topic around here somewhere.

16 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I remember being there and watching the game; Hobo Jones, putting names to faces etc. T'was fantastic start to the festi. How long ago does it already seem....

Too long!

Due to the charities losing income from the 2020 festival cancellation we were discussing bringing it back as a one off for 2021  but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

2 hours ago, hogga said:

The efestivals World Cup games were 2009 (Wednesday) and 2010 (Thursday).

2009 raised over £3000 and 2010 over £9000.

and England won both...easily 😄 

I'd just come back to give a more accurate number for the money raised as scottie was able to tell me. Thanks for your correctionhogga

20 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I vaguely remember at the time it was slated to be repeated the following year, however logitically this proved very difficult because it became so complicated to complete all the festivals official requirements for the event to reoccur.

They wanted arissessment.. Also they wouldn't allow the grass to be cut. 

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

I vaguely remember at the time it was slated to be repeated the following year, however logitically this proved very difficult because it became so complicated to complete all the festivals official requirements for the event to reoccur.

The only reason we didn’t do it in 2011 was the amount of time and effort it took up in 2010 (2009 and 2010 we still had to risk assess, get approval from the festival and Wateraid legal team with any posters etc so logistically it didn’t get any worse).

This effort increases because we wanted it to raise more money (as Michael Eavis challenged us to at least double the amount from 2009) and be a bigger event. Having to organise the fundraising and more entertainment (Attila the stock broker and the super group Wronghorn were there for half time entertainment and Supernovas for post match, as well as Hobo Jones as the usual pre match warm up) took up a lot of time before the festival and even on the Wednesday.

As Nal’s picture from 2011 shows, we probably dodged a bullet as it wouldn’t have been the same in them conditions!