World Cup of Efestivals (GOAT Edition)

Brazzers

@Toilet Duck has been great through the pandemic 

Who was the weather guy? JackOne?

@Brave Sir Robin for not just the playlist but also for being my neighbour some years 🙂

i also love the moment we all know the headliners nailed on before the bookies and all make a quick buck. Had some great runs at that.

also all the secret set info is great on here year on year 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, morph100 said:

@Toilet Duck has been great through the pandemic 

Who was the weather guy? JackOne?

@Brave Sir Robin for not just the playlist but also for being my neighbour some years 🙂

i also love the moment we all know the headliners nailed on before the bookies and all make a quick buck. Had some great runs at that.

also all the secret set info is great on here year on year 

You’re too kind, but really, it’s not that big a contribution compared to many others across the site over the years...I too miss Russy, though we still have @The Nal who cracks me up and has recommended most of the decent documentaries I’ve watched over the years ( @Wooderson and @Quark also seem to always recommend music I like). Couldn’t pick a favourite poster though, so many great people on this site (and even though people come and go over the years, it’s a magnet for interesting and just plain sound folk, hence I always wander back)...I most certainly have to make the meet next year!

Special shout out though to @halvin for the clashfinder and @Tort for the endless hours I’ve spent reading about the festival on GlastoEarth! (Not sure either of them are still around and loads of other posters here contributed to the content, incident? Chocky? Scottee?  ton of others I can’t remember, but it’s a brilliant read that I go back to every few years)...

Twix story hands down my favourite post here over the years! (Though I was also stupidly excited about @parsonjack getting in to see the Foos for some reason!)...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

You’re too kind, but really, it’s not that big a contribution compared to many others across the site over the years...I too miss Russy, though we still have @The Nal who cracks me up and has recommended most of the decent documentaries I’ve watched over the years ( @Wooderson and @Quark also seem to always recommend music I like). Couldn’t pick a favourite poster though, so many great people on this site (and even though people come and go over the years, it’s a magnet for interesting and just plain sound folk, hence I always wander back)...I most certainly have to make the meet next year!

Special shout out though to @halvin for the clashfinder and @Tort for the endless hours I’ve spent reading about the festival on GlastoEarth! (Not sure either of them are still around and loads of other posters here contributed to the content, incident? Chocky? Scottee?  ton of others I can’t remember, but it’s a brilliant read that I go back to every few years)...

Twix story hands down my favourite post here over the years! (Though I was also stupidly excited about @parsonjack getting in to see the Foos for some reason!)...

They are all great of course but I don't think any of them would be quite as useful during a major life changing global event as you've been this last year.

Maybe The Nal if the climate change shit really hits the fan. That'll be his chance to shine

22 hours ago, Brazzers said:

Best efestivals user of all time -

Best efestivals moment of all time - 

Funniest efestivals moment of all time -

Most improved member of all time -

Votes will be counted and the top few of each will get put into a poll, for us to determine the winners.

There are a few categories where I would like to have you heading the list 😄

Edit - I thought you were Neil 🤦‍♂️

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

Best efestivals moment of all time - When we had the football match on the pyramid field on the Wed (or was it Thur) pre the festival erm in 2010 or was it 2011 (no idea) , Hobo Jones played at half time, cheerleaders, England vs the rest of the world and a load of spectators .... absolutely brilliant .... oh and anyone know how much was raised ? 

I just remember my wateraid t shirt, and remembering to pack my pom poms before going out for the day 🙂

Anyone got any pictures of memories from that day ?

44 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Best efestivals moment of all time - When we had the football match on the pyramid field on the Wed (or was it Thur) pre the festival erm in 2010 or was it 2011 (no idea) , Hobo Jones played at half time, cheerleaders, England vs the rest of the world and a load of spectators .... absolutely brilliant .... oh and anyone know how much was raised ? 

I just remember my wateraid t shirt, and remembering to pack my pom poms before going out for the day 🙂

2009. Before my time but photo's often come up on Twitter from Neil's bot account @GlastoCom  so presumably there's some on here.

Yup... Found them.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2009/galleries.shtml?b=35

57 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We should all do that again.

Best year for eFests 2016 - the Radiohead reveal and @parsonjackgetting into the Foos were as good as this forum gets.

And despite its peerless brilliance, the Twix story came from Facebook and was merely reproduced here. It's like when Twitter popularised a TikTok video - the credit still belongs with TikTok, not Twitter.

• Upvote 1

Best efestivals user of all time - for sheer effort, content and relevant input - @crazyfool1

Best efestivals moment of all time - I can't vote for myself so for me it's when @kalifirehelped out the guy having an anxiety attack on the Weds 2017(?)

Funniest efestivals moment of all time - Got to be when @kalifiresaid he buy everyone a pint at the meet if the Foo's played Cheese & Grain 🤣😉

Most improved member of all time - for this year alone it's def @Toilet Duck.  Thankyou for all your invaluable input in what has been a bastard of a year.  You're a legend Sir.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Best efestivals user of all time - for sheer effort, content and relevant input - @crazyfool1

Best efestivals moment of all time - I can't vote for myself so for me it's when @kalifirehelped out the guy having an anxiety attack on the Weds 2017(?)

Funniest efestivals moment of all time - Got to be when @kalifiresaid he buy everyone a pint at the meet if the Foo's played Cheese & Grain 🤣😉

Most improved member of all time - for this year alone it's def @Toilet Duck.  Thankyou for all your invaluable input in what has been a bastard of a year.  You're a legend Sir.

Aw thanks 🙂 ... hopefully I can catch you at some point over the summer to pay off the bribe with a pint 🙂 

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

You're taking me on a rollercoaster journey of my best and worst moments on here, pj 🤣

Good memories, though. I think it was 2015 when I was able to be there for somebody, and 2017 when the Foo's played the Cheese & Grain. Say what you like about the Foo's but I don't think any band has participated in more hype pre-announcement than they did. You have to respect that. I believe something came up that year and I wasn't able to make the meet...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I actually went looking for this thread yesterday when I was posting! Was pretty sure it was @kalifire but couldn’t remember! Definitely a perfect example of why the festival and the posters on eFests are special! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

2009. Before my time but photo's often come up on Twitter from Neil's bot account @GlastoCom  so presumably there's some on here.

Yup... Found them.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2009/galleries.shtml?b=35

Ha! Small world, we were there watching the Hobos, at least 6 of our gang are in the second photo.

5C05A8FA-5F93-44F3-943E-0E3FA006AD70.jpeg

4CA0DA93-82E4-4515-9F4F-19AFD38C485E.jpeg

I don't have bests / favourites. I do speak to some people off efests outside of efests, and they are important to me.

Best moment - witnessing live Kalifire's selfless determination to help someone out in need*

Funniest efests moment - Nothing I can currently pinpoint right now. There's been a lot of funny moments, and I'm easily amused.

Most improved member - I haven't a clue, as I don't keep tabs on people.

* - I know nothing of @parsonjack's Foos story. I seem to recall 'a' story, but nothing more than that. Not unless you're all talking about the thing with his court injunction never to do it again!?