Latitude 2021 camping questions

GenieOW

Hi all, I have tickets for Latitude 2021 and have never been before. Have a couple of questions. If you are parked in a motorhome area, are friends in a general tent camping area able to come to our motorhome and vice versa? 

How far is the campervan parking are to the main arena area? Is it closer or further away than the tent camping areas or do the areas change around each year? Would be be able to take camping equipment in for our tent camping friends for them to collect from us in the motorhome area?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

I didnt go in 2019 but the map : https://www.latitudefestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Latitude_2019_5381_Public_Approved_09.07.19.pdf

shows that the 'general' campervan is furthest away still as has been the case for a few years..(its a bit of a schlep tbh) Family campervan is closer.

I also think that there may be some sort of check in and out of the campervan field, which would stop your buddies comin to visit... on your way to the arena you walk thru the general camping area though.. so you could still take their stuff.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:42 PM, GenieOW said:

Is it closer or further away than the tent camping areas or do the areas change around each year? Would be be able to take camping equipment in for our tent camping friends for them to collect from us in the motorhome area?

The camping areas change based on tickets sold but I think campervans tends to be in same place.

Agree with the above, you'll be able to take stuff to them but they won't be able to come get it. You do get space to put a tent next to your campervan though. I think they would have to pay a bit extra for access but they could camp next to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just jumped on the wagon for this one... we have family camping tickets but it looks like we won't be able to get there until Friday lunchtime. Does anyone know if space in family camping is likely to be full by then? We have small pop up options if necessary! 

7 hours ago, gibble said:

I've just jumped on the wagon for this one... we have family camping tickets but it looks like we won't be able to get there until Friday lunchtime. Does anyone know if space in family camping is likely to be full by then? We have small pop up options if necessary! 

shouldn't be too bad: like most festivals everyone clusters by the tracks and there is usually space a little way off

What time will i need there to get a good spot in general camping? I'm 20 so want to be somewhere quite lively and preferably not too far. i saw the map of the festival - how far is the general camping in minutes (from the very closest bit and also from the back bit off to the right?) Is there a specific bit where younger people go as well or not really?

Also is it shaded etc/is shade available ? I have a fresh and black tent but shade would be great!

On the campervan fields question, they do run a charity taxi service - golf carts! - £5 per person takes you from the arena entrance right to the edge of the campervan fields.  It's not too far of a walk but an absolute life saver in '19 when they'd moved the CV fields even further away and I had Achilles damage & a strapped up leg😉

4 hours ago, gfa said:

What time will i need there to get a good spot in general camping? I'm 20 so want to be somewhere quite lively and preferably not too far. i saw the map of the festival - how far is the general camping in minutes (from the very closest bit and also from the back bit off to the right?) Is there a specific bit where younger people go as well or not really?

Also is it shaded etc/is shade available ? I have a fresh and black tent but shade would be great!

google maps is your friend young man : https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Latitude+Festival/@52.3363279,1.5964687,897m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47da2017a90c4c27:0x81939d880d5b1380!8m2!3d52.3343579!4d1.5947092?hl=en

also reagrding shade... its Suffolk not the Sahara..

Your only 20.. why are you worrying about how far you have to walk?? I thought you kids ran everywhere anyhow..