Graspop 2022

demontje

2 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Architects are doing a festival in Finland in late June, are they big enough? they could move Within Temptation to headline MS1 (again) and put them in MS2

Architects are doing arena tours now, at least in the UK. But looking at 2019, they were below Lynyrd Skynyrd and Within Temptation, so I doubt they'll be headline material this year. Maybe below Within Temptation like you said, I think that would be disappointing tho.

The Scorpions tick all the boxes, including appeasing the classic rock community still in shock from the Aerosmith to Sabaton switch. The only slight issue might be that there is a chance they're already signed up for 2023 and it's this contract renegotiation which is delaying the announcement.

21 hours ago, TheMofessor said:

Who are you thinking then? Given Gojira being announced as replacing A7X at other festivals, I guess they're the most likely. But Idk I feel Graspop will want something better for the 25th anniversary (sort of, fuck Covid), surely?

Gojira headline some festivals this Summer but they don't have the size/aura from the Graspop. With all the respect I have for Resurrection Fest and VOA Festival. And Hellfest is a unique case as Gojira are a French band. 

Right now, I see only 2 possibilities: Scorpions announced as main headliner or Within Temptation upgraded as main headliner and another big act will be announced to end the day on the MS2.

About Architects, even if I love them, they don't have the success (yet) to headline the MS2. Sub-headliner is a good spot for them.  

scorpions are not available at the time.

I'm thinking gojira, even though they have a concert in june in belgium. Ghost (given that they are also the mystery headliner that hellfest has)

or my guess that's way out there: my chemical romance, they have the graspop weekend free due to the shows in russia and ukraine being canceled.

19 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

There is also a problem with the rent of gear… 

And surprisingly, the fear of the war going on in Europe.

They look at Europe as one country, like the states and the hostilities are less than 2.000 km from Belgium. That's less than the distance from New York to the border from Mexico...

16 minutes ago, Metalrockx said:

And surprisingly, the fear of the war going on in Europe.

They look at Europe as one country, like the states and the hostilities are less than 2.000 km from Belgium. That's less than the distance from New York to the border from Mexico...

I can‘t see this. If (big if) there is a risk of WW3 it doesn‘t matter in which part of the world you are. A few kilometers from the Ukranian border or at the US west coast. Cancelling tours because of the proximity to the war doesn‘t make sense. What can affect tours is the humanitarian situation in certain countries due to refugees.

Edited by Karlos12345

Hi guys, due to a couple of bands we were really looking forward to seeing dropping out and the fact we’ve got a wedding to pay for next year, my fiancé and I have (reluctantly) decided to sell our Graspop tickets for this year.

I don’t know how the etiquette of selling or anything works here and I’m not going to try and do anything through efests as I don’t know what the policy of that is. But I just wanted to let you know that they’ll be going on Ticketswap this weekend (I’ll confirm when nearer the time) and I wanted to let you have a heads up as this is a great community and I would rather it goes to a genuine fan as opposed to someone looking to make a quick profit of them at someone’s expense. 

As I say, I’ll pop back on Friday to let you know for definite when I’m putting them up and give people a couple of days to check the forum/have fair warning

Here I am rock you like a hurricane! On Friday 17 June, German hard rock icons, Scorpions, are headlining #GMM22!

And there’s more…. CELESTE, COUNTERPARTS, Dana Dentata, Destruction, Dirty Honey, EISBRECHER OFFICIAL, ENTHRONED, killthelogo, RIVAL SONS, Smash Into Pieces, Strains, Walls Of Jericho - OFFICIAL PAGE, THE CURSE OF MILLHAVEN and Toxic Shock have also been added to the line-up.

Unfortunately Joyous Wolf, Killswitch Engage, L7 Official, Monster Magnet and Obituary have been forced to cancel their appearance at Graspop Metal Meeting.

Tickets & Info: www.graspop.be

RSVP: Graspop Metal Meeting 2022 - 25th Anniversary

Obvious choice for Scorpions... The bill is almost complete, but I keep my fingers crossed for Gojira and Soen.

They will still need more bands in reserve for the next cancelations since also the high gasoline prices in Europe are reasons for American bands to reconsider their tour. Luckily the Belgian gouvernment has given a 17 cent discount per liter now, hope that helps...

Edited by Metalrockx

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, Nicklord said:

Any help on how to get from Eindhoven to the festival in the shortest amount of time, as I see it's only around 35km? Finally had some luck on ticketswap 😄 

Take a train or bus from Eindhoven to Antwerp, than a train to Mol and there you take the festival shuttle to Dessel. Seems the easiest!

1 hour ago, Booster said:

Anyone got an idea as to when we'll get the stage splits / times? Also, any info as to whether additional groups have pulled out? For example, I see Code Orange have cancelled Download and wonder whether that means their European tour is now in doubt...

I think they'll wait until as close to the festival as possible before announcing stage times. 

• 3 weeks later...