Graspop 2022

demontje

11 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

NIN in europe again would be great, but I hope they won't perform on metal fests. Nin on metal fests doesn't feel right. 

NIN have played metal festivals before, like sonisphere 09 with Metallica, Machine Head, Lamb Of God etc. The leaked lineup on hellfest doesn't seem pretty metal on NIN day with bands like Alice Cooper, Bad Religion, Killing Joke at least on the main stages

7 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

NIN have played metal festivals before, like sonisphere 09 with Metallica, Machine Head, Lamb Of God etc. The leaked lineup on hellfest doesn't seem pretty metal on NIN day with bands like Alice Cooper, Bad Religion, Killing Joke at least on the main stages

I remember Trent saying after the 2009 run that he doesn't want to perform again on metal festivals because the vibe isn't right. 

I just want to see NIN again so it doesn't really matter. 

12 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I think this was mentioned somewhere else already, but if this is true, Volbeat won't be able to headline the Graspop friday......maybe Avenged Sevenfold instead?

Yes, mentioned in the previous page. It seems pretty sure Avenged Sevenfold will headliner Graspop on Friday. They replace SOAD at Hellfest, se fair to expect them at GMM too. It would be so disappointing to have Scorpions... In any case, the line-up of the Main Stages on Friday will be weird (based on 2020/2021 line-up):

MS1: Avenged Sevenfold - Powerwolf - Heaven Shall Burn...
MS2: Faith No More - Alestorm - Steel Panther - The Pretty Reckless...

Even if Powerwolf have some great success right now, the whole line-up feels cheap and not strong enough.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Yes, mentioned in the previous page. It seems pretty sure Avenged Sevenfold will headliner Graspop on Friday. They replace SOAD at Hellfest, se fair to expect them at GMM too. It would be so disappointing to have Scorpions... In any case, the line-up of the Main Stages on Friday will be weird (based on 2020/2021 line-up):

MS1: Avenged Sevenfold - Powerwolf - Heaven Shall Burn...
MS2: Faith No More - Alestorm - Steel Panther - The Pretty Reckless...

Even if Powerwolf have some great success right now, the whole line-up feels cheap and not strong enough.

It may look cheap, but I would like to see it. It's time for other bands to claim the top spots. 

In light of the Hellfest announcement, does it mean GnR could be a candidate for the Friday? Also, how flexible will Judas Priest be about moving to co-headler status on the Sat with the Scorps or Ax7? There are so many bands around mid June next summer it seems impossible for GMM to fit them all in...

11 minutes ago, Booster said:

In light of the Hellfest announcement, does it mean GnR could be a candidate for the Friday? Also, how flexible will Judas Priest be about moving to co-headler status on the Sat with the Scorps or Ax7? There are so many bands around mid June next summer it seems impossible for GMM to fit them all in...

guns n roses is in norway and czech republic in the weekend of GMM, I'd say the chance is slim to none.

I think it'll have to be either avenged sevonfold or scorpions headlining friday and maybe a big upgrade on the top side of the bill with bands like five finger death punch, sabaton, bring me the horizon, nightwish and alice cooper

It's seems pretty sure we gonna have Avenged Sevenfold instead of SOAD as Friday headliner. No Volbeat as they are at HellfestGuns N Roses are not available. The Graspop will keep as much as possible the line-up from 2020/2021. So did Hellfest and many more festivals. The second weekend of Hellfest is a totally different festival. Look at their first weekend, it's almost the same from 2020/2021. 

Graspop will add Five Finger Death Punch as sub somewhere. I guess on Thursday or Saturday, as they play Hellfest on Friday. And please, not Scorpions...

1 hour ago, HeavyDevy said:

Faith No More Is playing Werchter. So, they should be out here?

Maybe Nine Inch Nails, Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch and Deep Purple as options?

Before Covid hit us, Faith No More were booked at both Rock Werchter and Graspop for 2020. Pretty sure we gonna have FNM back as headliner for the MS2 on Friday. Deep Purple are on tour again so they should be back on Sunday like 2020/2021. As Volbeat won't be there, Avenged Sevenfold seems the most natural headliner for the Friday. Nine Inch Nails are maybe as exclusivity at Hellfest and anyway the band looks not in the plan of GraspopFive Finger Death Punch are more likely play at Graspop on Thursday or Saturday... or maybe play at RW on the same day as Metallica before coming one day as (co-)headliner at GMM. @Ken19has maybe some infos about FFDP!

• Upvote 1

Can I please ask why the Hate on Scorpions ? There amazing personally I am hoping they play and if they can bring Whitesnake with them , A7X would be cool n I'd go whatch them but for me Send me an Angle ,please me Tease me N Rock you like a hurricane book the Scorpions please n Whitesnake I say this because how long have these legendry bands have left ? A7X have a lot more time to  gig n headline. But again it's all opinions. 

I'd love to see Whitesnake Scorpions Nightwish Alice Cooper Helloween Doro Megadeth Anthrax  Stratovarious Gammaray Sabaton Merciful fate Disturbed Arch Enemy Amaranthe Beyond the Black Lovebites Alestorm Gloryhammer Battle Beast Beast in Black Nervosa amongst others . 

Scorpions headlined already in 2011, 2015, 2017... In the meantime, Avenged Sevenfold headlined only in 2014 and almost in 2018 but the official headliner of the day was Iron Maiden. It's great to have some younger bands in the headliners. The Scorpions shows are always about the same. I saw them 4 times in Belgium since 2010 (SportPaleis and festivals), not needed to see them once more. 

19 minutes ago, Booster said:

As an eternal optimist, I hope that it's AC/DC for the Friday with the announcement to come only when AC/DC announces the whole of their European 2022 tour, hence the delay.

quite the optimist indeed, I'm afraid the chances are very low. If AC/DC comes they'll do a seperate show on the graspop or werchter field and sell that out all by themselves.

You're really optimist indeed... I think it would be optimistic to say there are 1% chance AC/DC could headline a day at Graspop 2022... they almost never play festivals anymore. It would be a surprise if the missing headliner is not Avenged Sevenfold or Scorpions.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, demontje said:

I hope this week finally some news? 😅

I don't think so! We just got the news indoor shows may happen again from September 1st. People will be focus on that, on the near future, not on festivals in 10 months. And Graspop is always so slow, they haven't said a word since 2 months or so. I'm we won't have any news before October (at least)!