Graspop 2022

demontje

We should have almost the same line-up as 2020/2021. Without System Of A Down. Curious to know if Iron Maiden will be back (like 2020) or still do a show at SportPaleis (like 2021). Volbeat were at Werchter in 2020 but at Graspop in 2021 to replace Iron Maiden. Aerosmith have already announced some shows for June 2022 with a gap mid-June for Graspop dates. Seems Guns N Roses won't be able to play at Graspop as well.

Thursday: Iron Maiden
Friday: Volbeat? Faith No More?
Saturday: Judas Priest + Korn (co-headline like 2020-2021)
Sunday: Aerosmith

17 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Normally Iron Maiden will be there. 

Seems the most logical. Any infos about Gojira? For 2020, there were rumors for them at Rock Werchter. Then, they finally announce a show in Brussels, soldout in a few minutes. With their upcoming album, do you know what are the plan? They could be a strong sub-headliner at GMM now.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, Archi said:

Seems the most logical. Any infos about Gojira? For 2020, there were rumors for them at Rock Werchter. Then, they finally announce a show in Brussels, soldout in a few minutes. With their upcoming album, do you know what are the plan? They could be a strong sub-headliner at GMM now.

Big chance.

About RW, they were on the line up but switched to the AB, I don’t know why.

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, Archi said:

They were announced for this year I think?

On 4/11/2021 at 2:42 AM, Ken19 said:

Big chance.

About RW, they were on the line up but switched to the AB, I don’t know why.

they were switched out because of placebo offering themselves up and basically taking their place is what I've heard. Not sure how true this is.

Still think it's a big missed opportunity for RW

13 minutes ago, The Black said:

Hey Ken19,

Would you be able to disclose if System Of A Down, who were supposed to headline Graspop 2021, will be returning to either Graspop or Rock Werchter in 2022?

SOAD is already NOT coming back to Italy for I-Days in Milan... I also heard they wont be back for another fest' but I dont remember which one, soooo they might not be in Europe in 2022 ..

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

SOAD is already NOT coming back to Italy for I-Days in Milan... I also heard they wont be back for another fest' but I dont remember which one, soooo they might not be in Europe in 2022 ..

Seems SOAD only tour during 2 weeks when they come in Europe. In 2020, they were supposed to play the second part of June / early July. With Rock Werchter per example. And they played at Resurrection Fest. In 2021, they moved to the first part of June so they were available for Graspop instead of Rock Werchter and the Resurrection Fest moved from early July to early June to make sure they keep them on the line-up. For 2022, Resurrection Fest haven't confirmed their dates yet. I guess it gonna depend again on SOAD schedule.

38 minutes ago, Archi said:

Seems SOAD only tour during 2 weeks when they come in Europe. In 2020, they were supposed to play the second part of June / early July. With Rock Werchter per example. And they played at Resurrection Fest. In 2021, they moved to the first part of June so they were available for Graspop instead of Rock Werchter and the Resurrection Fest moved from early July to early June to make sure they keep them on the line-up. For 2022, Resurrection Fest haven't confirmed their dates yet. I guess it gonna depend again on SOAD schedule.

Not really true. In 2020, they were supposed to tour for the whole month with Amsterdam being the first show (3/6) and Rock Werchter being the last one (5/7). In 2021, they changed their plans and shortened the tour (which would take place in the first part of June as you mentioned). They weren't re-confirmed for some late June/early July festivals and some festivals moved their dates to June (VOA, Resurrection). They also cancelled most of their solo shows.

With their only rescheduled solo show for 2021 in Zurich being cancelled now, I belive they don't intend to come to Europe next year.

2 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I think you meant Download...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Black said:

Hey Ken19,

Would you be able to disclose if System Of A Down, who were supposed to headline Graspop 2021, will be returning to either Graspop or Rock Werchter in 2022?

No... and the intention is RW2023. But this is always something that can change. 

• Upvote 1

@Ken19 as we see KISS suddenly popping back up and continuing their farewell tour even further. Do you think there's a chance they'll be friday headliner? or should we be looking more at volbeat + strong subheadliner?

nevermind: I see they have a show in sportpaleis beginning of june 2022.

My guess is volbeat + faith no more friday then

Edited by xydroh

11 hours ago, xydroh said:

@Ken19 as we see KISS suddenly popping back up and continuing their farewell tour even further. Do you think there's a chance they'll be friday headliner? or should we be looking more at volbeat + strong subheadliner?

nevermind: I see they have a show in sportpaleis beginning of june 2022.

My guess is volbeat + faith no more friday then

The plan for Kiss since the beginning is to play at the SportPaleis. I guess they'll still do it in 2022. Volbeat on Friday seems the more logical choice.

• 1 month later...

Seems Volbeat will play at Hellfest on the Friday. No Graspop for them then. I guess Rock Werchter sub for Metallica. 

Avenged Sevenfold instead? They replace SOAD at Hellfest so we could have the same here. We should have these bands as headliners for the 2 Main Stages.

Thursday: Iron Maiden - Five Finger Death Punch
Friday: Avenged Sevenfold - Faith No More
Saturday: Judas Priest - Korn
Sunday: Aerosmith - Deftones

Please. Not Scorpions!

• Upvote 1