Record Store Day 2021

vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Never participated in one of these. Is it just turn up at a local store and cross your fingers what you want is still in or even received?

Not really after much but fancy the Roisin Murphy album. 

Yes if you are lucky enough to have choice of record stores finding a less popular one can be useful. My local one is Piccadilly Records and people queue overnight and all sorts for them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes if you are lucky enough to have choice of record stores finding a less popular one can be useful. My local one is Piccadilly Records and people queue overnight and all sorts for them. 

Looks like I might be in work until 1pm so will pop down and see whats on offer.

34 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Looks like I might be in work until 1pm so will pop down and see whats on offer.

I also phone up before hand to ask if they are getting the ones I am after and how many they will have. 

I also hate seeing them on ebay after. One of the reasons one of the local stores will not do it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I see eBay is already full of people selling their purchases. Going to have a little nosey around a few of the online sales at 6 but don't hold out much hope. 

Any ideas on the best sites to try?

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Any ideas on the best sites to try?

Usually I go with Norman but they weren't doing this one as they couldn't organise the in store bit. I heard someone say Sister Ray was good and I am going with my local Piccadilly Records and X Records. 

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Amazingly I just ordered the 2 albums I was missing from rough trade - sorted in less than 2 minutes! 🙂

I had rough trade open as they were one of the ones that had the price listed but had been inactive for about 10 minutes and when I went back it put me in a queue and it said it was more than an hour long. 

X-records is quite good because it's not very famous. I only know it because I used to live near Bolton. They tend to get a decent stock in as well and don't get the same demand as some of the bigger names. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just googled kilmainham gaol album and the only answer that came up was Fontaines DC 🤔

That is correct. Live from kilmainham gaol! A solid album. Where the heroes of 16’ met their end. Up the fontaines! Up the Gaeilge