Record Store Day 2021

vintagelaureate

Drop 2 today was a lot easier for me, I was only after 3 things that a smaller store in Camden had in stock compared to Drop 1 where I had to go to Rough Trade East at the crack of dawn for everything I was after.

Arrived at 7.15 for a 8am open, 5th in the queue. Was in and out in 10 minutes and home by 8.45!

1 minute ago, grayfitz said:

Drop 2 today was a lot easier for me, I was only after 3 things that a smaller store in Camden had in stock compared to Drop 1 where I had to go to Rough Trade East at the crack of dawn for everything I was after.

Arrived at 7.15 for a 8am open, 5th in the queue. Was in and out in 10 minutes and home by 8.45!

Result

24 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theres 18,000 copies of the Foo Fighters record so I dont know what the hell peoples problem with thinking its rare or something. Discogs already has people trying to sell it for £100.

Yeah its that price on eBay - fuming. 😂

Managed to get the one thing I was after at 6pm for the same price delivered as it was at my local store without having to leave the house so happy with that, It still amazes me the vast difference in prices for the same thing in different stores though and thats before they even end up on ebay!

It will be interesting to see if they go back to the traditional April RSD next year. I'm sure the better weather meant more people queuing this year (I've stood queuing in the snow in previous years ffs!)

Also, having 2 drops (and 3 last year) meant I spent more than when it was just one day.

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

It will be interesting to see if they go back to the traditional April RSD next year. I'm sure the better weather meant more people queuing this year (I've stood queuing in the snow in previous years ffs!)

Also, having 2 drops (and 3 last year) meant I spent more than when it was just one day.

They probably will just go back to how it was. Its just a matter of how extreme the lengths people will go towards on buying things. Over here at Amoeba there were people who started to queue up yesterday at maybe 6pm. Is the 16 hour wait worth it? I waited 5 hours when they opened back up in April and thats justifiable cause such a big store will have lots of inventory, but for RSD?  I got the 2 things I was looking for when a bunch of shops put their online stock up. Fortunately they do RSD aT Coachella which has been nice cause Ive found the titles I was looking for every year Except one.

I didn't buy any. I feel like I deserve some kind of reward although I did get a signed copy of the new Lonelady album. I didn't get to go in until after 2 and anything I was interested in was gone then and I was out at 6pm so couldn't peruse the online sales. Probably just as well as got another £100 vets bill on Sunday.