Record Store Day 2021

vintagelaureate

Record Store Day 2021 will be spread out across 2 separate dates. The two planned dates are on the 12th June and 17th July.

Some lists of releases linked below:

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/news/posts/2021/official-record-store-day-uk-releases-revealed/

https://www.banquetrecords.com/search?t=RSD2021 

Edited by vintagelaureate

I have actually preferred this being online 😄 As some of my closest record stores are very large well known ones unless you queue from the night before (or really early hours of the morning) which I just can't do any more you have no chance of getting anything. 

18 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have actually preferred this being online 😄 As some of my closest record stores are very large well known ones unless you queue from the night before (or really early hours of the morning) which I just can't do any more you have no chance of getting anything. 

Yep. I agree - although Banquet was a nightmare with the server, I did much prefer it!

53 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The whole point of RSD is to get people in the shop, which is why they delayed it until all the shops are open.

15 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

The whole point of RSD is to get people in the shop, which is why they delayed it until all the shops are open.

Yes but if you go to a record store on record store day they are so busy you are not allowed to browse and can only buy record store day stuff to begin with so in that respect it's an epic fail of a day and they'd be better off doing just a few releases monthly without the same fanfare. It's the same online you don't have time to browse you need your list get in quick and check out or else you don't get them. 

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Boxing Day Sales vibez

Yes definitely and I never do it for Boxing Day Sales. I could say I'm too old for it but I didn't do it when I was young either. I hate that people queue up just to get the rarest ones to put on Ebay. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

We've spoken about your vinyl problem before GP. Do we need to stage an intervention?

I've just said I'm not going to queue up. That's progress!! I'll just see what I can mop up on online afterwards. My £3k vet bill is doing a good job of limiting my vinyl purchasing this year. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A few I fancy but I can't be arsed queuing up, I'll try when they go on-line later in the day. 

Chet Baker is calling out but the one I really fancy but will probably get snapped up is the RATM one.

Banquet is all online at 6pm as they're not physically open yet. It was chaos on their server last time though.

I'm up for

Cat Stevens/Yusef - Harold & Maude

John Martin - The Church with one bell

Jonathon Richman - Having a Party with Jonathan Richman

Mark Lanegan - Here Comes That Weird Chill

Bill Fay - Time of the last persecution

Richmond Fontaine - Post to Wire

Richmond Fontaine - We Used to Think the Freeway 

also tempted by the Jerry Garcia box set but can't really justify it. I'm in hock to my local record shop for an absolute fucking bundle at the moment. Might pick it up later though

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Banquet is all online at 6pm as they're not physically open yet. It was chaos on their server last time though.

I can't remember where I got them last time, couple of sites had them on sale from 6. I think one of them may have been in Southampton. 

Norman records are my favourite for online as they do what I think even Glastonbury should do on ticket day and recognise that the harder job is the checkout part so you can buy your purchases without paying and then they send you the bill afterwards. It makes it so much less stressful and you don't end up with bad gateway message when you think you have been lucky enough to nab your favourites. Not sure if they will be doing in person first though. 

36 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Never participated in one of these. Is it just turn up at a local store and cross your fingers what you want is still in or even received?

Not really after much but fancy the Roisin Murphy album. 

That's it, wander into Probe after all the eBay shifters and actual hard core record collectors have done their worst and see what's left in the scraps. 

You can still pick up some good stuff. I got this one there in 2019 which has done OK on value, not that I ever sell stuff.

https://www.discogs.com/Jeff-Tweedy-Warmer/release/13484947