Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely 4000. Going there on Thursday to work the weekend 😃 

I've already started doing it.. https://clashfinder.com/s/bigfoot2021/

Been going through a load more of the bands and added some more to my 'must see' list. 'The New Twenties' sound good, to me sound a bit like 'Frankie & The Heartstrings'. They are on early Saturda

Posted Images

They’ve been lying about what this was all about for months

no one bought a ticket for this to be watching bands masked. They’re insane for even pushing ahead 

Artists being pulled at the 11th hour, joke. Gerd Janson is from germany so no he probably isnt coming

its a beer & food festival thats been marketed, wrongly, as a music festival.

perhaps it was intended to be more of a music festival and they had to pivot when restrictions didnt go their way

No food or drink whatsoever is pathetic

Edited by Memory Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacksamthompson said:

just say your alergic to some obscure oat and you simply have to have this six pack of pringles. I cant see them seriously policing this. 

Exactly. Plus it's a few hours before the remaining COVID restrictions will (probably) be lifted. Will everyone be allowed to take their masks off at midnight on Sunday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

They’ve been lying about what this was all about for months

no one bought a ticket for this to be watching bands masked. They’re insane for even pushing ahead 

Artists being pulled at the 11th hour, joke. Gerd Janson is from germany so no he probably isnt coming

its a beer & food festival thats been marketed, wrongly, as a music festival.

perhaps it was intended to be more of a music festival and they had to pivot when restrictions didnt go their way

No food or drink whatsoever is pathetic

It does seem odd. If you are sat in a tent at a table watching a band you shouldn't have to wear a mask. I went to a gig on Saturday that worked the same as pubs, if you are sat at a table your mask comes off, if you go for a slash or go the bar its back on. Don't think people would quibble much at that. 

To have to wear a mask when you are outside more than 2m away from people makes no sense. 

Think we are all wanting the same thing, a safe, enjoyable experience. Just think the food and drink policy works against that as you are making people queue unnecessarily, which seems purely driven by money. 

On the plus side I was at a gig in Brum just before lockdown that was cans only, reckon there was about 1k there and what looked like 3 or 4 bar staff but there was never a queue, doing cans only sped the process up immensely so given the bars by the main stage arent doing pints fingers crossed we wont spend 3 hours waiting for a drink

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

It does seem odd. If you are sat in a tent at a table watching a band you shouldn't have to wear a mask. I went to a gig on Saturday that worked the same as pubs, if you are sat at a table your mask comes off, if you go for a slash or go the bar its back on. Don't think people would quibble much at that. 

To have to wear a mask when you are outside more than 2m away from people makes no sense. 

Think we are all wanting the same thing, a safe, enjoyable experience. Just think the food and drink policy works against that as you are making people queue unnecessarily, which seems purely driven by money. 

On the plus side I was at a gig in Brum just before lockdown that was cans only, reckon there was about 1k there and what looked like 3 or 4 bar staff but there was never a queue, doing cans only sped the process up immensely so given the bars by the main stage arent doing pints fingers crossed we wont spend 3 hours waiting for a drink

 

Went to see Shame last night, and everyone was told to wear a mask while seated when not eating / drinking. (Some adhered; most didn’t.) Presuming it’ll be the same here, meaning that if you’ve got dregs in a can, you’re kind of covered? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang on a minute now youre saying its a craft beer festival and most dispense will be can 😂 this gets more ridiculous by the day

if youre paying festival craft prices there had better be plenty of easily available draft or its basically a glorified bottle shop

Edited by Memory Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Hang on a minute now youre saying its a craft beer festival and most dispense will be can 😂 this gets more ridiculous by the day

if youre paying festival craft prices there had better be plenty of easily available draft or its basically a glorified bottle shop

As in cans? Where have you seen this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen that as well, think there is draft/cask but not at all bars. Sure they said bars by the main stage are can only, presumably to speed the process up. EDIT...Just found it. Its under the 'Go Green' section and says 'Can Bars - The main festival bars will have cans'. Goes onto to say the majority of draft beer onsite will be in steel kegs so there is some draft at least. 

Be interesting to see how they manage queuing for drinks and food. Sure they've said something about limiting number of people in each queue, but that presumably means there will just be a queue to join the queue.

Think I might just grab 5 or 6 extra cans when I get there to tide me over if the queues start getting silly. Any left can drink back at the tent later. 

Edited by Flaminglippy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they have expanded the explanation on not bringing your own food and drink under the 'Go Green' bit saying there are food and drink stalls in the campsites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

I've seen that as well, think there is draft/cask but not at all bars. Sure they said bars by the main stage are can only, presumably to speed the process up. EDIT...Just found it. Its under the 'Go Green' section and says 'Can Bars - The main festival bars will have cans'. Goes onto to say the majority of draft beer onsite will be in steel kegs so there is some draft at least. 

Be interesting to see how they manage queuing for drinks and food. Sure they've said something about limiting number of people in each queue, but that presumably means there will just be a queue to join the queue.

Think I might just grab 5 or 6 extra cans when I get there to tide me over if the queues start getting silly. Any left can drink back at the tent later. 

We've got one of these pre-ordered to pickup at some point, either if the queues get too big or to take back to the tent - https://www.signaturebrew.co.uk/products/bigfoot-festival-care-kit-cold-festival-beers-poncho-lanyard-lighter?_pos=1&_sid=28ed8da4a&_ss=r

Can't imagine the queues getting too bad though, if they have some can only bars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ceetee said:

We've got one of these pre-ordered to pickup at some point, either if the queues get too big or to take back to the tent - https://www.signaturebrew.co.uk/products/bigfoot-festival-care-kit-cold-festival-beers-poncho-lanyard-lighter?_pos=1&_sid=28ed8da4a&_ss=r

Can't imagine the queues getting too bad though, if they have some can only bars.

Yeah I am sorely tempted but if I bought that worried wouldnt be able to try many of the others. I assume you'll be able to take them back to your tent and back into the arena the following days?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame that the food and drink policy has resulted in the discussion centering on the logisitics of our can movement around the site! 

Moving onto more positive areas, any recommendations for bands on earlier on the bill Saturday and Sunday? Really want to see Cassels but can't imagine we will be there in time for 2.30 on Friday. Massive gap between 'Fresh' and 'Sports Team' on Signature Brew Stage Saturday, reckon somebody else might be slotted in there. Pretty much looks like I'll be running between main stage and Sig Brew most the weekend

Roadhouse Inn sounds like be interesting if there is nothing else going on. 

Edited by Flaminglippy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah I am sorely tempted but if I bought that worried wouldnt be able to try many of the others. I assume you'll be able to take them back to your tent and back into the arena the following days?

Yeah I can't see why not. We're in a group of 4 so they'll go easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Shame that the food and drink policy has resulted in the discussion centering on the logisitics of our can movement around the site! 

Moving onto more positive areas, any recommendations for bands on earlier on the bill Saturday and Sunday? Really want to see Cassels but can't imagine we will be there in time for 2.30 on Friday. Massive gap between 'Fresh' and 'Sports Team' on Signature Brew Stage Saturday, reckon somebody else might be slotted in there. Pretty much looks like I'll be running between main stage and Sig Brew most the weekend

Roadhouse Inn sounds like be interesting if there is nothing else going on. 

Fat White Family?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Shame that the food and drink policy has resulted in the discussion centering on the logisitics of our can movement around the site! 

 

Indeed. On the bright side... All of the irritation about food and drink logistics has meant that we haven't been complaining about the acts that have dropped out. I must admit that losing Baxter Dury and Dinosaur Pile Up has been a bit gutting for us and the appalling comms have kind of rubbed salt into it.

 

Still, we are going to a festival which is pretty amazing all things considered 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sadimmock said:

Indeed. On the bright side... All of the irritation about food and drink logistics has meant that we haven't been complaining about the acts that have dropped out. I must admit that losing Baxter Dury and Dinosaur Pile Up has been a bit gutting for us and the appalling comms have kind of rubbed salt into it.

 

Still, we are going to a festival which is pretty amazing all things considered 🙂 

None of the changes have in any way detracted from the excitement for me, didn't plan to take any food or drink (just a few cold cans for after the tent pitch, which I'm still doing) and really happy with the additions of Sports Team and DJ Yoda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ceetee said:

 (just a few cold cans for after the tent pitch, which I'm still doing) and really happy with the additions of Sports Team and DJ Yoda.

The first beer after pitching the tent is always the best tasting beer of the weekend!

The 'DJ Yoda presents Stranger Things' should be really good. Bit different

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

The first beer after pitching the tent is always the best tasting beer of the weekend!

The 'DJ Yoda presents Stranger Things' should be really good. Bit different

Yup. I'm looking forward to that. Has occurred to me that I haven't seen DJ Yoda for about 10 years. Pretty exciting!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Yup. I'm looking forward to that. Has occurred to me that I haven't seen DJ Yoda for about 10 years. Pretty exciting!

He's been doing regular Twitch streams through lockdown, I've been watching most of those so pretty hyped (also missed the Stranger Things set when he did it at Glastonbury)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been going through a load more of the bands and added some more to my 'must see' list. 'The New Twenties' sound good, to me sound a bit like 'Frankie & The Heartstrings'. They are on early Saturday afternoon, they'll be good in the sunshine with a beer. 'Hotel Lux' are really good, a bit 'Art Brut/Libertines'. Big Joanie and Bob Vylan are also on my definites list.

Seen Primal Scream loads of times over the years and are both one of the best and worst Iive bands I've seen depending on Bobby Gillespie's mood. My guess is they will absolutely smash it out of the park. 

Oh, if you go back to the car park you won't have to have another test to get back in the campsite, I checked with the organisers. Felt stupid asking the question but given their stance and lack of clarity on food/drink in the arena thought I would check anyway. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...