Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Oh. Where did you see that? I can’t see it on their socials. Bit of a disaster for me really as Baxter was one of the acts I was most looking forward to. 

They put it on Instagram. Shame, not a massive fan but was looking forward to that.

Are The Orielles the replacement headliner do we know? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely 4000. Going there on Thursday to work the weekend 😃 

I've already started doing it.. https://clashfinder.com/s/bigfoot2021/

Been going through a load more of the bands and added some more to my 'must see' list. 'The New Twenties' sound good, to me sound a bit like 'Frankie & The Heartstrings'. They are on early Saturda

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Oh. Where did you see that? I can’t see it on their socials. Bit of a disaster for me really as Baxter was one of the acts I was most looking forward to. 

On their instagram. Cited 'unforeseen circumstances'.

Surprised there hasn't been any others that have cancelled, this'll surely be a one off gig for many of the acts and not part of a wider tour?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

They put it on Instagram. Shame, not a massive fan but was looking forward to that.

Are The Orielles the replacement headliner do we know? 

Not sure, the post just mentioned that they're playing the main stage

They've also added Hot Since 82 to the top line of the lineup, so presuming they're classed as one of the headliners as well.

Are we expecting the headliners of the main stage to be Primal Scream, Hot Chip and Fat White Family? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Not sure, the post just mentioned that they're playing the main stage

They've also added Hot Since 82 to the top line of the lineup, so presuming they're classed as one of the headliners as well.

Are we expecting the headliners of the main stage to be Primal Scream, Hot Chip and Fat White Family? 

Yeah, I thought the main stage headliners were Primals, Baxter Dury & FWF, so maybe they will bump Hot Chip up to headliners? Sure I read somewhere Hot Since 82 was on a stage in the woodland

Edited by Flaminglippy
Missed a bit off
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, I thought the main stage headliners were Primal Scream, Baxter Dury & FWF, so maybe they will bump Hot Chip up to headliners? Sure I read somewhere Hot Since 82 was on a stage in the woodland

Yeah Hot Since 82 has been announced as the Friday headliner for the Canopy Dance stage (Maribou state Saturday and Heidi Sunday)

I appreciate Hot Chip is only a DJ set but surely they'd command a top spot on the main stage? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

They put it on Instagram. Shame, not a massive fan but was looking forward to that.

Are The Orielles the replacement headliner do we know? 

Ah bugger. Not on Instagram so didn't see it. Oh well

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

On their instagram. Cited 'unforeseen circumstances'.

Surprised there hasn't been any others that have cancelled, this'll surely be a one off gig for many of the acts and not part of a wider tour?

Me too to be fair. As disappointed as I am about this one I'm just glad that I am going to a festival this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked this one thinking 'it aint gonna happen but just in case...' and now its looking increasingly likely glad I did.

Got a couple more booked later in the year but god knows if they will go ahead...think get in there while we can

I am trying to not get excited until I am actually on the festival site...too many things that can go wrong until then

Edited by Flaminglippy
Too many exclamation marks
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Spoke to the organisers on FB and apparently we might be getting stage splits/times this week.

That would be useful! I think I am going to sped this weekend checking out a few of the acts lower down the bill and also trying to find my festival/camping gear. It's been in the loft for a year! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sadimmock said:

That would be useful! I think I am going to sped this weekend checking out a few of the acts lower down the bill and also trying to find my festival/camping gear. It's been in the loft for a year! 

We're the same...not saying I'm excited or anything but genuinely started packing last Saturday! Henuinely never thought of it before but have vacuum packed all the clothes and bedding so it takes up loads less space on the way there...game-changer! 

Everybody got the email about needing to show a negative test before entry? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

No? 

Who pays for these tests?

You can get them free but it is a condition of entry. You need to have done one within 48 hours of the festival (I assume that means say between the Weds before and the Friday we go). If you go on the NHS website you can get 7 delivered to your home for free. 

Edited by Flaminglippy
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

You can get them free but it is a condition of entry. You need to have done one within 48 hours of the festival (I assume that means say between the Weds before and the Friday we go). If you go on the NHS website you can get 7 delivered to your home for free. 

You can also get them from most pharmacies and test centres - https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stereodista said:

PCR or lateral flow? Presuming the latter...

Lateral flow, then PCR if you get a positive result. If thats positive you can get a refund.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It says there will be testing available on site but will be a cost involved and obviously a while to wait for the results. Lets be honest, we don't want to be pissing about having a cornetto shoved up our noses when we have all them beers to try.

I ordered some of tests on-line from the NHS app, took about 5 minutes, completely free and should be delivered in 2-3 days. 

Bit of a pain in the ass but if it means the festival goes ahead and its safe for everybody they can shove whatever they like up my nose. 

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering picking up tickets but just noticed their food and drink policy. In both the "Dos and don'ts" and the terms and conditions is says that you can't bring any of your own food or drink on site at all. Has anyone queried this with them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thym3lord said:

Considering picking up tickets but just noticed their food and drink policy. In both the "Dos and don'ts" and the terms and conditions is says that you can't bring any of your own food or drink on site at all. Has anyone queried this with them?

To me I read it more as a request rather than a rule

35A733EF-6E88-4AC5-A255-FB36DF99B32B.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came here to share that Twitter interaction too.

Seems to me they could make it easier and clearer by just saying own food and drink at campsite fine, but not in the Arena. Maybe the layout of the festival doesn't lend itself to having checkpoints before the Arena area (and tbf checks can be bottlenecks so that might be a consideration).

Personally I'm looking forward to trying the craft beer, but not looking forward to not being able to wake up and eat something before getting dressed...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

Personally I'm looking forward to trying the craft beer, but not looking forward to not being able to wake up and eat something before getting dressed...

They've got a lot of great breweries in the line up, a few of which I regularly make direct purchases from. But not being allowed to make a coffee and bit of breakfast at my tent rather than getting dressed and joining a queue really puts me off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thym3lord said:

They've got a lot of great breweries in the line up, a few of which I regularly make direct purchases from. But not being allowed to make a coffee and bit of breakfast at my tent rather than getting dressed and joining a queue really puts me off.

That is ridiculous if it is the case. Never heard of any other camping festivals where you can't take stuff into the campsite. So if you want a beer at the tent at night you have to keep going to the arena and back, isn't that increasing the risk of transmitting covid rather than sitting in your tent with your bubble? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Still baffles me how this hasn't sold out. 

Yeah, its relatively cheap, decent line up, great looking on the food and drink front...you'd have thought people would be all over it. Unless people just assumed it wouldn't go ahead. The being asked not to take food and drink into the campsite thing has pissed me off a bit (mainly because I don't want to spend all weekend queueing for bloody snacks for the babby). Think we will try and take some stuff and if they confiscate it they confiscate it. We will no doubt spend a small fortune there anyway. 

That gripe aside really looking forward to it. Live music...in a field...with nice beer...and not having to wear a mask...in just two weeks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...