Bigfoot 2021

sadimmock

40 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Not sure if this has been shared already, but looks like they've been getting a bit of a battering on Social Media about bringing your own food and drink and have made a bit of a quiet reverse:

image.png.d6f59ebf1264ee5028fdb406e6b1c74c.png

image.png.9088a8092822e3392b5e956f4a35ac07.png

The comparison to Glastonbury is a bit unfair, no other festivals allow you to take food and drink into the arenas 

17 minutes ago, ceetee said:

The comparison to Glastonbury is a bit unfair, no other festivals allow you to take food and drink into the arenas 

Yeah I agree. Or they do but limit your booze (like SGP used to).

That's what I think Bigfoot should have gone with, so people just have a few drinks in their tent etc. I don't think people would then have never bought from the bars. And obviously the food decision was just weird.

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

Not sure if this has been shared already, but looks like they've been getting a bit of a battering on Social Media about bringing your own food and drink and have made a bit of a quiet reverse:

image.png.d6f59ebf1264ee5028fdb406e6b1c74c.png

image.png.9088a8092822e3392b5e956f4a35ac07.png

Hadn't seen that, thanks. Literally just finished packing the bloody car so now have some rejiggling to do.

Its a bit disingenuous of them to call that a clarification, its a complete u-turn!

31 minutes ago, ceetee said:

You can take your own food and drink into the arena at Bearded Theory and Beautiful Days. People still use the bars. At the end of the day you want a nice cold pint, not one that has been sat in a can in a hot tent for 3 days

9 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Well, looks like its actually gonna happen! Glad I bought the tickets now. Fair play to the organisers, must have been touch and go at times whether to pull it. 

Hopefully be there, tent pitched and beer in hand ready in time for Hotel Lux at 4.30pm

It’s fantastic isn’t it? I think we will be there about 3, Hope you have a lovely time! 

• Upvote 1

Well, the idea that food and drink would be at street prices is fanciful, unless the street is in a posh part of London. Beers are around a fiver a pint but some rather more. £13 for a burger and fries, albeit quite a good one. The credit card is going to get a hammering.

Woke up this morning and the main festival site and it's food and drink vendors are locked up. So the one coffee and food outlet near general camping is supposed to serve a couple if a thousand people?

Tried to use a shower only to find that the electricity has tripped and "should be fixed by midday". 

Thankfully it's not raining any more and I can look forward to Fat White Family tonight.

I thought it was fantastic. Seemed really well organised. 

A couple of things need improvement next time IMO:

More food vendors, greater variety, and cheaper options. Too many of the food vendors were burgers, chips, wraps, etc, (although good quality) and the queues were often long. A lot of festival stapes were missing - pies, pasties, Mexican/buritto, paella, Thai, Japanese, noodles, pasta etc. The food that was available was mostly pretty expensive, well in excess of typical London market street food type places.

Not enough coffee and breakfast food options. If you tell people they can't bring coffee making stuff, then you can't expect them to queue for 30 minutes while hungover in the morning!

Apart from that it was brilliant, had a great weekend despite the poor weather.

The beer side of things was spot on, so much choice and didn't have to queue once. About £5 to £6 a pint for the standard strength beer I was drinking, which was similar or a little above London prices for my part of SW London. But they should definitely allow people to bring their own beer into the campsite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liquuid_fusion said:

I thought it was fantastic. Seemed really well organised. 

A couple of things need improvement next time IMO:

More food vendors, greater variety, and cheaper options. Too many of the food vendors were burgers, chips, wraps, etc, (although good quality) and the queues were often long. A lot of festival stapes were missing - pies, pasties, Mexican/buritto, paella, Thai, Japanese, noodles, pasta etc. The food that was available was mostly pretty expensive, well in excess of typical London market street food type places.

Not enough coffee and breakfast food options. If you tell people they can't bring coffee making stuff, then you can't expect them to queue for 30 minutes while hungover in the morning!

Apart from that it was brilliant, had a great weekend despite the poor weather.

The beer side of things was spot on, so much choice and didn't have to queue once. About £5 to £6 a pint for the standard strength beer I was drinking, which was similar or a little above London prices for my part of SW London. But they should definitely allow people to bring their own beer into the campsite.

Spot on. Really well organised. All the staff were brilliant. Definitely needed more food stalls as it was sold as a food festival. The choice of bars was absolutely ridiculous! Was essentially normal festival prices. We would definitely consider again. I assume the site would be much bigger when it goes to a 10k capacity. 

Didn't have to queue for drinks or the toilets once, just for food. 

Shame about the weather but the site held up really well. 

Music-wise DJ Yoda, Hotel Lux, Big Joanie, the London Gospel Choir were all brilliant, highlight though was Bob Vylan, genuinely one of the best sets I've ever seen at a festival in 30 years. Primals were OK...felt at times like the band weren't all playing the same song. 

4 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Definitely needed more food stalls as it was sold as a food festival. The choice of bars was absolutely ridiculous! Was essentially normal festival prices. 

I think that they could have done with more of the food places staying open a bit later too. The options post-headliner were very limited. 

Highlights for us were DJ Yoda, London Gospel Choir and the Hot Chip Megamix. We also enjoyed YNES. 

Well that was absolutely incredible! All expectations were blown away - no masks, no distancing and an all round friendly crowd. 

We had some serious reservations last week but thankfully none came for fruition. Ive been trying to explain to friends back home what it was like / similar to and i honestly cant say. Also got the impression that quite a lot of people were there primarily as an an excuse to party, as oppose to wanting to be at a craft beer festival? 

Anyway, here's hoping that next years festival is brought forward a weekend so it doesn't directly precede Glastonbury. Sitting here working from home with a huge smile on my face, knowing that i haven't lost my love for festivals and partying all weekend in the rain. 

• Upvote 4

Also absolutely loved every minute of that.

There were obviously a few issues as raised above, I'd say mostly getting breakfast and generally queueing for food, but those weren't enough to make it anything other than fantastic.

Also agree that it would be good if it wasn't the weekend before Glasto moving forward, although if it is I'm thinking of taking two weeks off work and having a mini holiday in between the two somewhere on the way to Glastonbury. Somewhere with a washing machine and lovely hot showers...

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Also got the impression that quite a lot of people were there primarily as an an excuse to party, as oppose to wanting to be at a craft beer festival? 

It's hard to judge but I think that a lot of people were getting stuck into the beer on Friday and a there did seem to be quite a lot of people talking to the brewery staff/buying merchandise.  Saturday however felt like a proper full-on party. Fantastic fun! 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ceetee said:

Has anyone had isolation requests from the NHS Covid app? Some of the people I went with have them suggesting encounter dates of Saturday or Sunday.

Yeah my mates been pinged, with the remaining isolation time suggesting Sunday. Strange as well as we all stuck together on the final day yet he's the only one who's been notified?

Also, my friends just said he's seen a few people on the Bigfoot facebook group saying they've all been contacted!

59 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Nope. Haven't had anything and we did have the app switched on. 

Everyone who had the app switched on has had one now, all had negative daily LFT or PCR test though.

Edited by ceetee