Bigfoot 2021

sadimmock

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, its relatively cheap, decent line up, great looking on the food and drink front...you'd have thought people would be all over it. Unless people just assumed it wouldn't go ahead. The being asked not to take food and drink into the campsite thing has pissed me off a bit (mainly because I don't want to spend all weekend queueing for bloody snacks for the babby). Think we will try and take some stuff and if they confiscate it they confiscate it. We will no doubt spend a small fortune there anyway. 

That gripe aside really looking forward to it. Live music...in a field...with nice beer...and not having to wear a mask...in just two weeks! 

Yeah based on the responses from some of my friends id imagine theres still a feeling of disbelief thats its going ahead! Id have thought though that in the last week or so it would have sold out easily at its highly unlikely they'll cancel now due to the high costs of doing so?

Personally cant see them taking any food or drinks off us entering the campsite, not only will the heavy searches cause bottlenecks but i also cant see people just accepting they have to give up all the supplies they've paid for and brought with. Ive never known a festival to confiscate ALL drink and food from punters, so any attempt to do so here wont go down too well at the gates id imagine (causing even greater bottlenecks)

All being said, i cant WAIT to walk through the gates and grab myself a pint of proper beer! (Or just one of the cans i've successfully smuggled into the campsite 😉  ) 

18 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

When are we expecting the on-site build to commence? Surely once that’s up and running the festivals a near certainty? 

Think Bearded Theory said they start just over a week before. Thats a bigger fest but I assume wouldn't leave it much later than next weekend as all the traders will presumably be on site Wednesday/Thursday

Be great if we had weather like this! 

Can pay for one of these and pick it up at the festival! £50 for 24 cans plus a few extras. Not bad for a festival i don't think. Plus it means saving time queuing up every half hour to get a fresh pint! 

Also potentially indicates that there's not going to be an issue with bringing cans with you to watch the bands? Unless theres a gate between the campsite and stages it'll be pretty hard to police where the cans have come from! 

https://www.signaturebrew.co.uk/products/bigfoot-festival-care-kit-cold-festival-beers-poncho-lanyard-lighter?_pos=1&_sid=28ed8da4a&_ss=r

image.png.8e23cbc1b16a91fd46cb564ea2e56b9a.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Can pay for one of these and pick it up at the festival! £50 for 24 cans plus a few extras. Not bad for a festival i don't think. Plus it means saving time queuing up every half hour to get a fresh pint! 

Also potentially indicates that there's not going to be an issue with bringing cans with you to watch the bands? Unless theres a gate between the campsite and stages it'll be pretty hard to police where the cans have come from! 

https://www.signaturebrew.co.uk/products/bigfoot-festival-care-kit-cold-festival-beers-poncho-lanyard-lighter?_pos=1&_sid=28ed8da4a&_ss=r

image.png.8e23cbc1b16a91fd46cb564ea2e56b9a.png

Tallies with what they’ve said about beers not being horribly overpriced too. All bodes well! Very much looking forward to this one now. 

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just popped on the website and noticed they’ve added Sports Team! No mention of this on their socials at all though. Hoping the festival runs a little more smoothly than their communication! 

212E6C1A-60B7-4E65-9BD1-09655878F1DA.jpeg

* Just noticed that Dinosaur Pile-Up have dropped out

Thats looking pretty good for me...no major clashes. Will probably miss Cassels who I wanted to see as we can't get the babby out of school until 1pm and its at least an hours drive so can't see us getting there, getting in, getting pitched up and getting in the arena for 2.30. 

Forecast is looking OK as well.

Christ, 10 days and we could be at a festival! 

Bit surprised DJ Yoda is Friday headliner but wanted to see that so could be interesting. 

10 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Festival guide has just been upload

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Bigfoot-Festival-Guide-08.06.21.pdf

Masks to be worn whilst watching bands 😐  

Also sounds like they're serious about not bring any food or drink:

"Please do not bring any food or drink onto site, other than for children and special dietary requirements. Anything other than this will be confiscated. We have everything you need on site - it’s a food and drink festival at heart."

31 minutes ago, thym3lord said:

Also sounds like they're serious about not bring any food or drink:

"Please do not bring any food or drink onto site, other than for children and special dietary requirements. Anything other than this will be confiscated. We have everything you need on site - it’s a food and drink festival at heart."

Thats disappointing and will definitely mean I won't be booking tickets for next year no matter how good a weekend it is. Shame.

From a covid perspective doesn't make a lot of sense either...4k people queuing for a coffee at 8am!

On the plus side I suppose a lot less shit to carry

Edited by Flaminglippy

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Festival guide has just been upload

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Bigfoot-Festival-Guide-08.06.21.pdf

Masks to be worn whilst watching bands 😐  

Hows that gonna work if you're drinking?? Your mask will be up and down like a newlywed's nightie. 

Trying not to be too negative as it must be a nightmare trying to put a festival on at the minute but a combination of that and the food and drink thing is a bit disappointing. The latter can only be a purely financial decision as will lead to more queuing etc. Not being able to make a coffee (or beer) at your tent in the morning without getting dressed and going to queue is nuts. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

24 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Hows that gonna work if you're drinking?? Your mask will be up and down like a newlywed's nightie. 

Trying not to be too negative as it must be a nightmare trying to put a festival on at the minute but a combination of that and the food and drink thing is a bit disappointing. The latter can only be a purely financial decision as will lead to more queuing etc. Not being able to make a coffee (or beer) at your tent in the morning without getting dressed and going to queue is nuts. 

I agree. I'm really glad that this is going ahead, but..... That's two acts that I really wanted to see dropping out (with no comms). As discussed a ban on snacks in your tents is ludicrous and I'm not sure why they are insisting on wearing masks while watching bands outside. If it is this hot it's going to be horrific. I can't see these guys selling many tickets next year.