Bigfoot 2021

sadimmock

I was just wondering if anyone else was planning to head to this? I know that it looks somewhat perilous timing-wise, but we decided to take a punt.

Fingers crossed that it does go ahead are there are some people I’d like to see and it looks like a nice site. 

More interested in going for the beer than the acts, a camping beer festival sounds great and a handful of decent acts like pigs x7 and primal scream make it very attractive. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere and dodgy timing wise but if it goes ahead then I'm there

On 4/7/2021 at 4:11 PM, RUMINE said:

More interested in going for the beer than the acts, a camping beer festival sounds great and a handful of decent acts like pigs x7 and primal scream make it very attractive. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere and dodgy timing wise but if it goes ahead then I'm there

Some of the beer options look pretty interesting (although I suspect that the prices will be eye-watering) and as you say I am going to think of it as a beer festival with camping! 

The rest of the line-up come out today too; I can't say the additions are enormously exciting, but I'm happy with what was there anyway 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, sadimmock said:

Some of the beer options look pretty interesting (although I suspect that the prices will be eye-watering) and as you say I am going to think of it as a beer festival with camping! 

The rest of the line-up come out today too; I can't say the additions are enormously exciting, but I'm happy with what was there anyway 

I'm in the craft beer industry anyways so very familiar with all the breweries and excited to have an environment outdoors where they'll all be on offer and normal beer festivals haven't been able to happen for ages due to COVID. 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:36 PM, RUMINE said:

I'm in the craft beer industry anyways so very familiar with all the breweries and excited to have an environment outdoors where they'll all be on offer and normal beer festivals haven't been able to happen for ages due to COVID. 

Indeed! There are some good breweries down to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

More bands been added this week, albeit lesser known acts for one of the smaller pub stages.

They're actually planning on going ahead aren't they? I say this tentatively, but their website actually states how they will manage to operate under the roadmap, with clear solutions to each of the conditions. With only 6 weeks to go its surely too late for the festival to cancel off their own accord now? The only thing that could stop this is a drastic change from the roadmap, which under the current state, seems extremely unlikely?

19 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

More bands been added this week, albeit lesser known acts for one of the smaller pub stages.

They're actually planning on going ahead aren't they? I say this tentatively, but their website actually states how they will manage to operate under the roadmap, with clear solutions to each of the conditions. With only 6 weeks to go its surely too late for the festival to cancel off their own accord now? The only thing that could stop this is a drastic change from the roadmap, which under the current state, seems extremely unlikely?

Fingers crossed. The way things are going I think that this is now more likely than not. I hadn’t noticed the new bands but good spot! 

12 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Fingers crossed. The way things are going I think that this is now more likely than not. I hadn’t noticed the new bands but good spot! 

Yeah what was initially dead and buried as far as all my festival bookings were concerned, this is the one which im most optimistic about! 6 more weeks to hang in there!

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah what was initially dead and buried as far as all my festival bookings were concerned, this is the one which im most optimistic about! 6 more weeks to hang in there!

Same here. Pretty much everything else has fallen by the wayside but these guys seem to be holding in. I actually had quite low expectations of this happening; I only booked it because we needed something to look forward to and it's relatively local. I really didn't expect it to be the winner!

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting to see how enforced distancing works once everyone is merry

being as their capacity can only be under 4k and its not (yet) sold out i expect whoever is financing this is happy to incur what looks to be heavy losses in an attempt to establish themselves.

tickets are cheap but could imagine spending a fortune on food & beer whilst there so maybe that will pay the way. Just seen you are not allowed any of your own food or drink at all so you would be spending enormous amounts.

Edited by Memory Man

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

being as their capacity can only be under 4k and its not (yet) sold out i expect whoever is financing this is happy to incur what looks to be heavy losses in an attempt to establish themselves.

tickets are cheap but could imagine spending a fortune on food & beer whilst there so maybe that will pay the way. Just seen you are not allowed any of your own food or drink at all so you would be spending enormous amounts.

My suspicion is that some of the breweries are putting up the money. Interestingly they do say that the food and drink will be at pub prices. I guess we shall see 

Edited by sadimmock

41 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

It's looking good isn't it? 🙂 

They've also snuck in a Klaxons 'nu rave' set! Cant find any information on what this will entail online but the festival have atleast confirmed it is actually THE Klaxons.

Whatever they're doing, however they're performing, as long as they finish with Golden Skans ill be happy!

On 5/15/2021 at 7:54 AM, Memory Man said:

Sure I read somewhere they have permission for this to be a 10k capacity festival going forward so with less than 4k this year should be plenty of room. 

I am really looking forward to it, nobody I absolutely have to see but plenty I want to so should be interesting. Looks amazing on the beer and food front. 

Not sure how they will be going ahead under the current guidelines but they clearly think they can. Very surprised it hasn't sold out...must be the first decent sized festival that is going ahead? 

Lets hope for the best! 

38 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Sure I read somewhere they have permission for this to be a 10k capacity festival going forward so with less than 4k this year should be plenty of room. 

I am really looking forward to it, nobody I absolutely have to see but plenty I want to so should be interesting. Looks amazing on the beer and food front. 

Not sure how they will be going ahead under the current guidelines but they clearly think they can. Very surprised it hasn't sold out...must be the first decent sized festival that is going ahead? 

Lets hope for the best! 

Yeah i think they'd originally planned for it to be 10k until the roadmap was published and then they had to reduce it to 4k.

The thing i cant work out is how gatherings outdoor of 30 are illegal, yet you're allowed an outdoor event of up to 4k? Does this mean that the festival is going to be split up into pens/areas of 30? Obviously thats not possible, but then if there's no limits on crowd sizes within the festival, whats actually differentiating it from a normal festival without any restrictions?

Same as you on the lineup, few acts here and there but nothing that really stands out, just looking forward to a bit of live music in an open field 🙂 

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah i think they'd originally planned for it to be 10k until the roadmap was published and then they had to reduce it to 4k.

The thing i cant work out is how gatherings outdoor of 30 are illegal, yet you're allowed an outdoor event of up to 4k? Does this mean that the festival is going to be split up into pens/areas of 30? Obviously thats not possible, but then if there's no limits on crowd sizes within the festival, whats actually differentiating it from a normal festival without any restrictions?

Same as you on the lineup, few acts here and there but nothing that really stands out, just looking forward to a bit of live music in an open field 🙂 

Just had a look at the government website and I think (may be wrong as its like a cat shitting out scrabble tiles), that Step 3 from 17th May you can hold outdoor events where the site is designed for 10k+ people with 4000 people (or 50% of the capacity whichever is lower), plus you can't have 'groups' of more than 30 people. So me, my other half and the babby would be a group of 3 but if we met up with 28 mates one of them would have to sod off. 

As long as nobody starts a conga or an orgy we should be OK

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Wasn't there a successful socially distanced festival of a few thousand people that happened last September? I've tried to find a name but all I can find is festivals promising to go ahead and then being postponed late on, but I'm sure there was at least one that legally went ahead.

Beardy Folk Festival went ahead.

Not sure how big it was, but probably smaller than this, and from the pictures appeared to be quite actively distanced.

Actually, looking at their website, they're planning to go ahead this year as well on the same weekend as Bigfoot.

Edited by incident

13 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Wasn't there a successful socially distanced festival of a few thousand people that happened last September? I've tried to find a name but all I can find is festivals promising to go ahead and then being postponed late on, but I'm sure there was at least one that legally went ahead.

As well as the one @incident mentioned, Wild Fields festival went ahead too. 2000 capacity.

https://www.wildpaths.co.uk/wild-fields/

59 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

So four weeks to go and no sign of a cancellation. I really do think that this is going to happen. Just need the weather to improve! 

Yeah surely its now too close to call off?! Plus we're already at stage 3 of the roadmap which is what they've been preparing to operate under.

Baxter Drury has pulled out this morning, but from the responses on their socials it looks like BigFoot are announcing a replacement imminently! Considering Baxter Drury's position on the lineup i'm half expecting someone well known.

Also, considering the current climate and the mad rush for any kind of event, how has this not sold out? 

EDIT: They've added the Orielles! Much better booking for me personally

Edited by TheFullShaboo