Glastonbury Festival gets major cash boost.

Ommadawn

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Do we think that the losses from the last two years will effect 2022? either with reduced scope or higher ticket prices?

I don't think scope will be an issue. They'll be spoiled for choice with a 3 year backlog of acts.

I'm sure the price will go up, but wouldn't foresee it being a significant hike.

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

Glasto would have survived either way but this does mean they are much less likely to need investors/corporate cash to stay alive. 

Good news. 

Correct, whilst it’s of paramount importance to ensure the survival of the festival it’s also important to keep the ethos of it and continue to support the charities whether it’s the main three charities or the smaller ones such as the workers beer company and all the local groups. 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNK8rhDH5HD/?igshid=gqhzmojwo17k

Did Shangri-la get a separate grant or is this the same thing?

I'm not sure about the current round of funding - but some Glastonbury-adjacent groups got their own grants in the first rounds last year, including Shangri-La, Block 9, and Continental Drifts.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not sure about the current round of funding - but some Glastonbury-adjacent groups got their own grants in the first rounds last year, including Shangri-La, Block 9, and Continental Drifts.

List attached.

CRF investment data published 020421.xlsx

16 hours ago, stuie said:

Sadly, they are getting quite a thrashing on Twitter... millionaire farmer, support small business, badger killer etc etc 🙄

Unsual for twitter not to provide a balanced set of arguments based on well researched points of view ...

• Upvote 2