Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Yep. Of course. But I think a lot of people saw this as a way of helping the festival, staff, crew and charities that have been dealt a body blow over the last 12 months. Personally I’ve had a crap evening til now But I’ve cheered up now I’ve got a Greta show to watch and feeling magnanimous. Might PayPal her some more money to cheer her up 😊 

I did the same. If it wasn’t for charities I probably wouldn’t have paid. But I totally understand people who want their cash back. Can’t promise one thing and deliver another. I’m making the most of it even though I’m resigned to watching on the phone instead of a 50” TV

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

How many live streaming platforms do you follow?

Good point but you would presume a big production company would have a bigger following right? Quality has a following. Im a nobody and have a quarter of their following

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Lot of absolute brexit c$nts online who's links worked looking for refunds. Abysmal.

Did someone mention brexit earlier then?

My link didn't work and I am wondering whether to ask for a refund. I've no interest in rewinding this to watch later. The whole point of "Live Stream" is that you can watch it live.  I was looking forward to the bants on here like during the beebs live coverage last year. Now everyone's on a different time slot. Chaos. Didn't get on 'till after nine and then only on a crappy phone through a free link which they had to tweet. That's almost half the gig missed. Not everyone's on here or on twitter.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

My link didn't work and I am wondering whether to ask for a refund. I've no interest in rewinding this to watch later. The whole point of "Live Stream" is that you can watch it live.  I was looking forward to the bants on here like during the beebs live coverage last year. Now everyone's on a different time slot. Chaos. Didn't get on 'till after nine and then only on a crappy phone through a free link which they had to tweet. That's almost half the gig missed. Not everyone's on here or on twitter.

That's the thing, it was sold as a live stream event so people are rightfully entitled to a refund.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

its £20. Yes its been a monumental fuck up but the money is for charity and to fund the festival. You clearly love Glastonbury enough to be part of this forum so im sure you rather help the festival than hurt it 

• Upvote 2

I’m running 2hrs 10mins behind so just wrapped up WA. superb. they really rose to the moment, and I’m excited to see them again. A very special band indeed.
And as others have said, the filming, staging and sound are brilliant. 
It makes the cock-ups all the more sad. This really is a great event, and had it all gone according to plan I think would have gone done as an absolute classic.

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Good point but you would presume a big production company would have a bigger following right? Quality has a following. Im a nobody and have a quarter of their following

You are somebody.

But they do seem to have pedigree for this with some high-profile names so it's not just a random company out of the Yellow Pages  Spotify have just partnered with them too so they must have done a pretty good pitch. And the stream is running very nicely now that people can get in.

This is obviously a nightmare for a young company's reputation but, as things go, I think if everyone could see it and frames were dropping and there was buffering and stuff, that would be much worse than an issue with access codes.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Oh oh , Coldplay freezing,  buffering, ok back now! 

Just another note, I would not have minded if the Coldplay or Haim parts of this had buffered, but they didn't. This whole thing has been unbroken Hi-Def, Hi-Fi for me.

The numbers will come out in the morning no doubt, but for some of us at least, this was an uncomplicated, enjoyable experience. I suspect I'm in the minority.