Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Nice to see Live at Worthy picked up a BAFTA for multi camera direction 🙂

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/landscapers-we-are-lady-parts-lead-bafta-television-craft-awards-winners-3211373

I'm glad they didn't win an award for technical services or how to start a stream on time.  I love Glasto and will usually blindly defend it, but that was a shit show. 

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm glad they didn't win an award for technical services or how to start a stream on time.  I love Glasto and will usually blindly defend it, but that was a shit show. 

Ha ha that’s true, but I don’t think it was the creatives or the festivals fault.

I was fortunate to have had no issues on the day, but I really feel for those that did.

I had a bunch of friends come round and cooked up a range of curries to feed ‘em, so I would’ve been furious if I was done over.

8 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Ha ha that’s true, but I don’t think it was the creatives or the festivals fault.

I was fortunate to have had no issues on the day, but I really feel for those that did.

I had a bunch of friends come round and cooked up a range of curries to feed ‘em, so I would’ve been furious if I was done over.

Yep… that was me. Friends over, nice bbq… Invalid code. Invalid code. Invalid code 😂😂

6 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Aw maaan!

Did you get it on the day eventually or did you have to restream it later in the week?

About an hour late I think, after I'd purchased a second code and when they made it free for everyone regardless of if you'd paid or not!

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

In the cold light of day was it actually that good?

Production was very good I’d say and I’m  sure it won awards ? 

edit 

https://accessaa.co.uk/glastonburys-live-at-worthy-farm-wins-royal-television-society-award/

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

In the cold light of day was it actually that good?

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Production was very good I’d say and I’m  sure it won awards ? 

Nah, even if you ignore not being able to access it at the time, it was only good because we had sod all else to do at the time. 

Just now, stuie said:

Nah, even if you ignore not being able to access it at the time, it was only good because we had sod all else to do at the time. 

I disagree the creative stuff was great for me anyway and others as seen in the awards … if you google it it was given quite a few other than the 2 listed above 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I disagree the creative stuff was great for me anyway and others as seen in the awards … if you google it it was given quite a few other than the 2 listed above 

I enjoyed it at the time. In a non pandemic world I doubt it would have won awards or even got that much attention. 

I wouldn’t spend more cash on a blu-ray that’s for sure. 

27 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I watch the Damon bit every now and then but wouldn't be interested in buying the full thing as most acts didn't interest me enough to warrant a re-watch.

Think this sums it up best.

It was alright, some of it was enjoyable, some of it less so, but wouldn't rush to rewatch it.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Think this sums it up best.

It was alright, some of it was enjoyable, some of it less so, but wouldn't rush to rewatch it.

Same here but there are very few live music videos that I would watch anyway. To me live music is of the moment. I enjoyed it at the time but wouldn’t re-watch it. Exactly the same as a fantastic gig. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tarw said:

Same here but there are very few live music videos that I would watch anyway. To me live music is of the moment. I enjoyed it at the time but wouldn’t re-watch it. Exactly the same as a fantastic gig. 

Totally agree, the only gig I've ever watched back is PSB from this year.

Even Kae Tempest gig from West Holts (2018?) which is among the most incredible performances I've ever seen didn't get a re watch.

4 minutes ago, tarw said:

I rewatched Kendrick at least half a dozen times and it's only the fact that it's been removed from the iPlayer that's stopping me from watching it again.

1 hour ago, tarw said:

I'm not that fussed watching videos of live either but there was something about this for me that took it out of the genre. For a start it wasn't - strictly speaking - live. Each performance was, but they were all separate works - some with quite a creative take on the production - woven together to produce something more like a movie. And, for me, the fact that it's a time capsule of the year the pandemic stopped the festival - and a reminder of how much we missed it - lifts it above the sum of its parts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This year I stayed at a pub – which shall remain nameless in the interests of discretion - during the festival. Apparently the Drift team stayed there during the shoot last year and were complete wasters. They spent most of their time sitting round in the bar just hanging, with no obvious sign of any work being done. The landlord felt they were just taking the piss and nobody seemed to be managing them properly. They were also pretty rude and disrespectful to the staff. Maybe if they’d spent a bit more time on the coding and less in the bar the Livestream might have gone a bit more smoothly

Edited by Mackem

I watch loads of live shows back, particularly Glastonbury ones but then I love live albums.

Some of my favourite albums are live ones; Live Killers, Springsteen Live 75-85, Live Rust, Weld, Unleashed In The East, Alive 1 and 2, If You Want Blood...

I know theybare often subject to many an overdub but I'm just a sucker for a bit of crowd noise.